BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Chaos Dwarves...

Just got done reading the Orcs and goblins book for WHFB. With all the references to the Chaos dwarves I'm guessing their coming down the pipe, anyone else?

Librarian

I think FW is picking them up, but un-sure if their getting their own army book or are getting a new place in Warriors of Chaos new book.

I am really interested in what presence they'll play in the new dwarfs book.

Brother-Sergeant

Pretty sure that since the WoC book has been out for about 2 and a half years it's probably not getting a new army book any time soon.

That being said, the models are supposed to be available in conjunction with the Warhammer Forge supplement Tamurkhan set to come out sometime fairly soon. (and supposedly you'll be able to do an all Chaos Dwarf list if the rumors on warseer are to be believed.)
    Why is it the bad guys are always more interesting?

I'd heard Warhammer Forge was going to do something with them and this might possibly set a new precedent for supporting Forgeworld through fluff as well. After the third or fourth mention of Chaos Dwarves in the OnG book - a race that hasn't really been mentioned at all by the company in years, I figured something is coming down the pipe.

Mantic has their abyssal dwarf line out, so if things swing up well enough for them on that, GW may have incentive to bring them back.

I think the WHF Chaos Dwarves will look way better than the Mantic ones - which are hybrid models. metal Chaos bits on their plastic dwarf line - for near GW discount prices. mantic's good for spending 1/5th the cost on a gw Vampire counts army. not so good for purchasing a hybrid set of figs. plus with the VAT price up their figs became less affordable.

personally i'd like to
    1. see the mantic abyssal dwarf price come down - which it won't
    2. see the WHF resin or better yet GW plastic! chaos dwarves for full cost

either way - its a waiting game for making a comparison