BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    By the way... Does anyone feel like our relatively friendly, troll-free forum has become increasingly infested with trollish behaviour since the Warseer outtage? Lots of people with really low post counts seem to be popping up and tossing their douchebaggery around.

Quote Originally Posted by Skragger View Post
    I'm noticing that too. Or people arguing over things that really don't need to be argued over (here's looking at you "how do they load tank shells into a tank" - where a moderator needed to step in and cause a Turnover.

I was tempted to make a thread on The Decline of the BoLS Lounge after reading page two of this thread, but in the end I really couldn't be bothered.

Chaplain

Why can't we all get along? What is is about this hobby that is so divisive? We all enjoy playing, we all enjoy the modelling and reading the fluff. Why do we dissolve into a charade worse than the House of Commons when some minor point of dispute comes up?

Its not hard to just post a simple, logical argument stating your positon. You don't have to start calling the other poster a ****-***who ****s the **** with *** and ***************by the railway tracks at mightnight *** or *** and *** camel.

We'll all grown ups here. With the exception of those who aren't. Lets behave and set an example!
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    dude thats okay, everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, i guess im just being a stubborn nostalgic git :P
    Nah, it's cool. I just read too much [URL="http://bloodofkittens.com/dickmove/"]Friday Internet Fight Night[/URL].
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Skragger View Post
    Why can't we all get along? What is is about this hobby that is so divisive? We all enjoy playing, we all enjoy the modelling and reading the fluff. Why do we dissolve into a charade worse than the House of Commons when some minor point of dispute comes up?

Its not hard to just post a simple, logical argument stating your positon. You don't have to start calling the other poster a ****-***who ****s the **** with *** and ***************by the railway tracks at mightnight *** or *** and *** camel.

We'll all grown ups here. With the exception of those who aren't. Lets behave and set an example!
    Well....

Its a game primarily dominated by men... who by their very nature are competitve. You mix in ART.. which is subjective, add a splash of fluff and those that value it at different levels, then the common style of nerd that plays this (usually socially ... special!) and you get whiney competitive guys who paint crap and take less showers than usual. That need to get along long enough to bash eachother over the head with their man dollies, while retaining a certain ammount of sportsmanship so they can get repeat games...

What does this make? InterwebZ - Nerdrage.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    And if you're whining about the Inquisition stuff, they never really belonged in 40k anyways. Go play Dark Heresy.
    Nay good sir, the Inquisition has too much history to back out now. They have always been in 40k and shall always remain!

Occuli Imperator

Nobody expects the BoLS inquisition... Thread closed.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456