BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Chaplain

Basically Fuzzbucket I agree with nothing you say and everything DarkLink says.. sorry but for the most part it just sounds like whining to me, nothing concrete and mostly just your own opinion, opinion which I find quite peculiar for the most part. The one complaint I've seen from you which gets me every time is the 'oh no! my GK are only S4! Die Matt Ward, I hate you, you've ruined my army! ' I exaggerate of course but you get the idea, seriously, GK are at S4, so what?? They now get force weapons and depending on which type of force weapon they choose can have +1 to their invun save, +1 attack, +2 I, a 2+ invun or a thunder hammer! How is that not 100 times better? Plus they have their psychic potential so can use Hammerhand to become S5! Sorry but I don't see the validity in any of your arguments in this thread.

Chapter-Master

@ ultramarinefan

dude thats okay, everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, i guess im just being a stubborn nostalgic git :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

By the way... Does anyone feel like our relatively friendly, troll-free forum has become increasingly infested with trollish behaviour since the Warseer outtage? Lots of people with really low post counts seem to be popping up and tossing their douchebaggery around.

250 Blood Angels--

5 man Assault Squad 100
    1 Sanguinary priest 50
    5 Death Company 100

Total Model Count 11

250 Nids--

10 Termagaunts -- 50
    10 Genestealers -- 140
    10 Gargoyle - 60

Total Model Count 30

250 Dark Eldar--

10 Wyches - 100
    10 Warriors - 90
    1 Archon - 60

Total Model Count 21

250 Grey Knights --

10 man Strike Squad - 200
    1 Paladin - 55

Total Model Count 11

These are the only Dexes I have availble right now, but as you can see, there are some big discrepancies. I tried to keep each 250 point box so that they retained the unique flavor of the army (hence Sanguinary Priest, Death Company with BA) while maximizing the product you get. The Dark Eldar one is the only box out of the 4 with an HQ slot; personally I think it'd be better served to NOT include an HQ with any of the boxes, so you could swap the Archon with either a Succubus for +5 points, or a Homonculus for -5 points. I don't know enough about the army to make a better judgement.

At 250 points, it is going to be IMPOSSIBLE for any MEQ codex to get more than 20 models. I think that's okay, but it is certainly something of note.

With the Grey Knights, you could very easily do a mixed Inq/Grey Knights Box that would fill out a bit more depending on load out, looking like this:

GK/Inq 250

5 Man - GK SS 100
    Ordo Malleu Inq in Termi Armour - 65
    Retinue w/
    Crusader 15
    Mystic 10
    Banisher w/ Eviscerator - 30
    4 Boltgun Acolytes - 20
    MM Servitor - 10

Total Model Count 14

Chaplain

I'm noticing that too. Or people arguing over things that really don't need to be argued over (here's looking at you "how do they load tank shells into a tank" - where a moderator needed to step in and cause a Turnover.

Nice work with the 250 point starter armies! Nice to see you like my idea!

Lets see.. for Orks.. Im working off the top of my head for point values so don't hold me to it!

Warboss
    'Eavy Armour
    'Uge Choppa

12 shoota boyz

12 Choppa/slugga boyz

and maybe a Copta if it'll fit, or a trukk.
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

There is a simple problem to the people that dont like games workshop and think they are going downhill. Go play warmachine. Seriously. Ive been hearing the same things from people for the last 15 years, guess who is still around.
    /looks around

Oh looks its GW, imagine my suprise.

No one is forcing you to buy models and play. And if your going to sit around and whine about it so much, please for the sake of us all go play warmachine since you seem to love PP so much.

btw dogs of war, squats and chaos dwarfs all sucked as armies and yes I have played them and Im glad they are gone. Should Gw decide to bring them back as armies at least with the new quality of writing and models they will be decent armies.

ALL HAIL MATT WARD KING OF THE CODEX the boy does a damn good job of writing a codex and depsite your whining and crying the codexs he has written have been VAST improvments over the last ones.

Battle-Brother

Its just the ebb and flow of things. I have not really played since 2003. Starting this week, I am playing 40k more.

People can often be prone to drama, if this is their hobby, drama follows.
    "Go tell the Spartans, passerby, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie".

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    There is a simple problem to the people that dont like games workshop and think they are going downhill. Go play warmachine. Seriously. Ive been hearing the same things from people for the last 15 years, guess who is still around.
    /looks around

Oh looks its GW, imagine my suprise.

No one is forcing you to buy models and play. And if your going to sit around and whine about it so much, please for the sake of us all go play warmachine since you seem to love PP so much.

btw dogs of war, squats and chaos dwarfs all sucked as armies and yes I have played them and Im glad they are gone. Should Gw decide to bring them back as armies at least with the new quality of writing and models they will be decent armies.

ALL HAIL MATT WARD KING OF THE CODEX the boy does a damn good job of writing a codex and depsite your whining and crying the codexs he has written have been VAST improvments over the last ones.
    Nobody is debating that they are still around.. nor that the doom and gloom has been around for 15 years.. and look who is still here blah blah blah..

I think the absolute point is the communities are shrinking lately around ... at least MY metro... because kids cant afford to get into the game. So its the same 4 vets every week looking for a game...

Few years back? You know when Liths were like 45 bucks? There were like 20 people at the shop grinding it out.

Kids simply cant afford to buy into this game in its current state... rich kids maybe .. but the majority of kids? Heck no.

And prices are only going up. Its going to end up like Golf sooner or later (money on sooner). Only old men with money will end up playing it.. sad part is... there are no groomed and maintained 40k courses with hot drink girls driving golf carts around out there...

Hmmm possible idea ... brewing!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of War View Post
    because kids cant afford to get into the game. So its the same 4 vets every week looking for a game...
    Kids simply cant afford to buy into this game in its current state... rich kids maybe .. but the majority of kids? Heck no.
    See.. I think that's wrong. I think the majority of kids are just dropping their disposable income on Video Games and Cell Phones.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    See.. I think that's wrong. I think the majority of kids are just dropping their disposable income on Video Games and Cell Phones.
    Man.. I know when I have a choice between sinking $60 into Call of Duty and get yelled obscenities at by a 12 year old, or buy a Drop Pod and enjoy the stigmata that comes with being a nerd, I know what I'm going to pick. But then again, I'm strange like that.

Hobbies like WH40K take a certain personality type. It takes time and patience to paint and assemble, and time and patience to play a match. Whereas you can pick up an Xbox controller and GET ADRENALINE WHILE YOU INGEST POWERTHIRST LIKE ITS WATER!

I know all the kids I know, besides my two other hobbying buddies think warhammer is "too slow to be fun" and "they're toy soldiers" <- like they're some tin soldiers from the 1800s, and have no place in our modern world with our espresso and 97G networks and buffering.
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of War View Post
    Nobody is debating that they are still around.. nor that the doom and gloom has been around for 15 years.. and look who is still here blah blah blah..

I think the absolute point is the communities are shrinking lately around ... at least MY metro... because kids cant afford to get into the game. So its the same 4 vets every week looking for a game...

Few years back? You know when Liths were like 45 bucks? There were like 20 people at the shop grinding it out.

And prices are only going up. Its going to end up like Golf sooner or later (money on sooner). Only old men with money will end up playing it.. sad part is... there are no groomed and maintained 40k courses with hot drink girls driving golf carts around out there...

Hmmm possible idea ... brewing!
    Id play 40k golf lol

Im canadian liths where never $45, they are and always have been expensive. Untill the last year or so its always been or at least seemed to be that our models have been double the cost of the american ones. At least now the prices are closer but still way more expensive.

Im sorry about your metro ares, Ill trade you mine where all there is at GW is 12-14 year olds and all the vets are gone else where. Though at least being a vet, and in that vet crowd we have the private gaming space where we can do pretty much what ever we want. Thats the best part of being an adult with a disposible income and gaming with other adults with disposbile incomes. ( at least imho anyway...well other than getting in trouble with my parents for having "adult relations" in thier house, now i just get "i have a headache")

If you want kids to game the best way to do that is to set up a club at a school and play 1k games. At 1k its cheap to get into the hobby, and hey if eveyone at your school is doing it.....You just have to find people willing to run school clubs. It takes awhile to get started but once you have it up and running its a great way to get kids into the hobby and everyone knows you cant stop at just 1k worth of models. One of the largest problems with the gamer crowd is that a large portion of people think the only way you can play is at 2k points. There is nothing wrong with playing smaller games or even combat patrol (go battle missions) And anyone that has played battle missions with a timer (speed it up for more tension) will tell you it goes pretty fast and you can play lots of adrenaline packed games. If things arnt working in your area change it up, even if you and your buddies have to do it yourselves.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast