BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

I'd take the sisters codex
    I'd find a good fluff reason why these wimpy T3 nuns can use power armour that needs super strong, genetically enhanced T4 men most of the time.
    I'd keep the craziness of the book, maybe even adding more. How about a moving cathedral? something fast that is as crazy as the penitant engine or arco-flagellants?

I'd boost the priests, and the canoness'. How about the ability to "evangelise" your opponent's army? A bit like the old "chapter approved" Enslaver rules - take control of your opponents army, or at least confuse and puzzle them.

Cheaper Sisters.
    Remove Allies FULL STOP
    Keep faith powers, but make them easier to play (maybe get rid of the martyr thing)
    More special characters
    More flamers, cheaper flamers
    I preach 4 things. The Gospel of Jesus Christ, The importance of good dental hygiene, the evils of COMIC SANS and the superiority of Mac over PC

If I were a codex writer I would quit and get a job where thousands of anonymous half-wits on the internet don't spend years whinging about everything I do even if I'm not responsible for it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

I would like the Chaos Marine Codex to have special characters for the different main stream Chaos legions. They would add special USRs such as Night Vision and skilled rider for Night Lords, Tank Hunters for Iron Warriors, Infiltrate for Alpha Legion, Noise Weapon upgrades for Emperor's Children, Furious Charge for World Eaters, feel no pain for Death Guard, 5+/or +1 to their invul save for Thousand sons, A Chaplain class Champion for Word Bearers that makes Inducted Traitor Guard fearless, and re-rolls for morale for all other troops within a command range, Black Legion get Counter Attack.

The Chaos Renegades can have a few named Characters, and bring back the option to take Doom Rider, (maybe as a Night Lords Character), Cypher (The Fallen), and some of the Lords mentioned in the recent 40K Chaos novels.

The only troops types should be Standard Chaos Marines who automatically get an Icon for the Chaos power of the Armies main HQ, and Traitor Guard. If you want a different mark of chaos to the Chaos Lords alignment, you have to pay for it.

Berserkers, Noise Marines, Thousand Sons, Plague Marines become Elite Choices, unless your Main HQ is of the same alignment, then they count as troop choices.

Chaos Bikers get the scout rule, and a new vehicle for Chaos that is a skimmer. Perhaps a daemon possessed land speeder type vehicle, or something like a Defiler fitted out as a Fast Attack Skimmer.

Give Chaos troops and Dreadnoughts the option of a Dread Claw Drop Pod.

Allow Chaos forces to have Inducted renegades as a cheap troops choice (Cattle troops to herd into the enemy and absorb their fire before you strike). Make them about the same stats as Imperial Guard, with less leadership, but reduce their costs, and have slightly fewer weapons options than the Guard Codex gives.

Introduce some form of Daemonic Artillery like a small version of the Doom Fire Cannon.

Make Chaos Marine equipment upgrades cheaper (same costs as the Vanilla Space marine).

Reduce the cost to upgrade to an Aspiring Champion to 10 points.

Include both Apothacaries and Dark Mechanicus/Techmarines as an option for a HQ unit that does not add to the FOC.

Have Storm Shields as an optional upgrade for Chosen Chaos Marines, Khorne Berserkers, Aspiring Champions, and Raptors.

Allow Obliterators to have a Mark of Chaos (cost per Obliterator - whole squad has same mark), increase their squad cap to 5, and reduce their cost to 50 points each.

Change the rules for Daemon Summoning so that,- if there is no Icon on the field, then the summoned lesser daemons are just delayed - not destroyed. However, they are destroyed if they do not arrive by the end of the game.

Better Weapon Options for Havocs (Plasma Cannons and Multi-Meltas).

New Plastic models for most of the range especially the Dreadnought, Plague Marines heads, weapons and torsos, Thousand Sons shoulder pads and heads, Noise Marine weapons. Special (collectors online order) Terminator and Chaos Marine shoulder pads, Rhino and Landraider doors in Plastic.

Oh and make sure they use a good codex writer this time. Someone like Andy Hoare or Graham McNeill who wrote the 2002 3rd Edition re-release would be great.
    Last edited by Daemonette666; 05-06-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    If I were a codex writer I would quit and get a job where thousands of anonymous half-wits on the internet don't spend years whinging about everything I do even if I'm not responsible for it.
    Pure gold.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Chapter-Master

lets see:

for grey knights:
    [url]http://fuzzbuket.blogspot.com/p/faqerretrafix-my-codex.html[/url]
    ( is it plaguaism if it was my blog?)
    id also put back in the inducted units or 'for every 500pts of units from codex SM/DA/BT/BA/SW/IG you may include up to 250 pts of the following units:
    0-5grey knight strike squad
    0-5grey knight terminator squad
    0-1grey knight purifier squad
    0-1grey knight grand master
    0-1grey knight /land raider/storm raven
    0-5 grey knight rhino/ razorback
    (note the limits apply to all the armies so if you have 1000 pts of dark angels you may take 500pts of GK with the limits)
    OR
    0-1 inquisitor lord
    0-2 interrigator
    0-2 Grey knight strike squad
    0-10 inquisitorial storm troops.

--------------------------
    eldar
    add in small webqay gates as 50pts each av12 all round . ANY (yours or opponents) may use any gate to go to any other gate as long as the unit is within 2' of a gate. only infantry, calvary and bikes may use small gates
    large webway gates 75pts: same as infantry but any unit may use the gate. av 13 all round and has a pair of TL shuriken cannons.
    all the space 6'around webay gates counts as the owning players deploymnet zone. any eldar coming in from reserve may use the gates to deploy.

oh and a new tank: the lion. (130 pts)
    Av12,12,10
    may purchase eldar tank upgrades, based on wave serpent
    weapons: 1 shuriken gun (Twin linked) and a pair of vibro cannons mounted on the turret ( counts as 2 vibro cannons in the same battery)

and phionex lords for all aspects, as well as all units being able to purchase a
    'voidseer'- 40pts aka a warlock that has no powers apart from 'the will of khaine' once per game the voidseers unit may teleport up to 24 inches and assault in the same turn ( and not scatter) or teleport anywhere but use the deepstrike ruels.

ifeel that these 4 units would make eldar better at the 'speed' mechanic that they now lose out to to arimes such as BA and mech. sadly to make waveserpents a lot cheaper ala raiders would be silly.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

For me, I would tweak the rules for the Tyranid Lictors to be more to thier fluff. I think they need one less wound, but be able to assault the turn they deepstrike. I would also have SitW effect units in vehicles and Spirt Leech effect units in Vehicles as well. Either the rules have to specifally say that they dont effect it, like how Psychic hoods can still effect units in vehicles but not SitW. I don't buy the FAQ "NO" without an explanation as too how the rules work in 5th edtion.

As for Dark Angels, I want more fluff. (who doesn't eh?) I am getting a bit tired of how certian units unlock other units to become troop choices though. I don't see that changing in 6th edtion sadly since all codicies are going that way now.

I like to see some rules for the DA where you put in the Watchers in the Dark minis to give bonuses, but they are there just for show, they don't interact with other minis in any way, no blocking LoS, no cant be within a WitD 1" rule or anything like that
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Others have mentioned it, but to me it's a rather big issue.

Write a codex so there are NO WORTHLESS UNITS/CHARATERS.

That way there will be more unique army builds out there, and probably more important, more variety of models on the battlefield.

Now I know the game changes and no codex can have all equal choices, but some really are pointless, with much better options only a few points more, so they will never be taken.

And frankly, the only way to really achieve this is to have "living" rule books. NO BOOK can be written good enough to stand the test of time, and still be full of all relevant units.

FLUFF SECTIONS & PAINTED MODELS - I would remove, and make rich fluff and killer model examples into the glossy books that would be for sale. Rule books would be downloads only.

Librarian

I would change the points system so that we used one statline as a base say a guardsmen and then base everything else around that, so for each improvement to the statline you add a point to the models cost and special rules are 2 points a troop 5 for a HQ and 3 for everything else.

That way all models would be valued equally atleast, of course points cost could be changed and this may see a drop in ppoints for some armies.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Good call, could you please persuade a certain Codex Writer to see things your way.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by The other guy View Post
    I'd take the sisters codex
    I'd find a good fluff reason why these wimpy T3 nuns can use power armour that needs super strong, genetically enhanced T4 men most of the time.
    You do know what 'power armor' is, right? Something that takes 'wimpy T3' humans and makes them stronger? Or in the case of already strong Marines, super strong?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast