BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Than you all

I've been shading her tonight, a rather labourous process but I made good progress.

After getting sick of shading I decided to make up and paint the first of my TRONsairs:

FW Corsair kit modded with plastic taken from the cover of an A4 document holder.
    wow, i LOVE this piece, very very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Not a worry

What scheme are you doing on yours? I didn't want to paint her in segments partly due to needing the lines to match up and also due to needing to drill holes and such for pinning, how're yo ugetting around / dealing with that?
    Basicaly I do it like this...

1. Make a base... mark the anchor points for the feet. (I measured it at Adepticon so I knew the distance and the size of the clockface I would use for the diarama)

2. Wash and file all parts, then dryfit them for a bit.. use blue tack and then have a friend help me out with a dremel. We drill out a cup and then a center 1/8th inch hole for a rod. This makes the head swappable, torso disconnect and reconnect for easy transport, and makes all the gun mounts and chest pulse laser interchangeable. I wanted to ensure the Warlock kit would be interchangeable with my Phantom kit when it arrives. And I am lusting after a Tremor canon arm hehe

3. Then once things are all dry fitted I paint them all up like they are each a model in themselves. So I take my time and try to get as much detail on them as I can.. so when they come together its like the 80s voltron cartoon. The finished product I like quite a bit..

Here is the Rev Titan I did..

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of War View Post
    Basicaly I do it like this..... so when they come together its like the 80s voltron cartoon.
    Do you say the lines when you assemble?

Form Feet and Legs!

Form Arms and Body!

And I'll form....
    The Head!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Yeah but its hazy when I yell

"FORM BLAZING SWORD!!!"

Librarian

Simply AMAZING!!!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Banned

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I like the female pilot, was it difficult carving the old one up? I don't recognise the head either, really nice job.
    It was dead simple, about ten seconds with the dremel to remove his head. I replaced it with a Hasslefree one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of War View Post
    Basicaly I do it like this...

Yes, if you're doing a scheme like your Revenant painting beforehand makes much more sense. If I were to do another one it'd be almost all white with blue detailing, the reverse of your colours above almost.

Just about finished my Farseer:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123