BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Working on Scenery from 'Junk'... Wrecked Land Raider Style.

I bought an older Land Raider and it ended up being horribly warped to the point where the one side was too poorly deformed to be of use. Then, there is the case of the Blastscape crater with the wrecked bit of spacecraft that looked horrible. I decided both separately was not worth anything, but putting them together could make some decent scenery.

I still need to 'scar' the Land Raider with bullet holes and do some more flashing on the model as well as maybe add some more 'scenery' bits such as a big rat or something. Anyhow, here is what I have so far:

Last edited by DeanWink; 09-04-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Fixed Image Tags.

Nice idea, especially with the low quality of both pieces. What do you know, you can put 2 pieces of crap together and get gold.

Looks great!
    Heat-up that falling off track and bend it to look loose, maybe?

Chaplain

I agree with both comments so far. The "conversion" of junk to better looking junk is a good one. Almost wish I had a LR laying around to do this with. The rest of the piece is so good that the current track piece lets it down a bit.

Heating and bending is one way to deal with it, another might be cutting the track pads apart and scattering them "behind" the model, likes it's broken up - heat bending might deform the plastic too much and not look real/natural enough.

Great start here, and good luck!

Are you going to do some serious fill in between the crater and the land raider, or does it sit fairly flush?

I'll be interested to see how it ends up. You can really see the problems with that vacuformed scenery when contrasted with the sharp, precise lines of the land raider!

looks very nice, the too peices work magic together and look so natural. it is going to look great on the gaming table.

I love how everyone , including me, who bought these seem to want to improve them, for thier terrible shoody detail. In my case I'm using Mig pigments.

Seems two wrongs do make a right!

Excellent use of two otherwise shoddy pieces, this is a fantastic piece of scenery. Can't wait to see it painted!

Chapter-Master

Maybe I'm outta the loop, but what's wrong with the Land Raider?

EDIT: Nevermind... It's an older style LR. I get it now.

Veteran-Sergeant

I like the idea but I dont like the angle that the landraider is placed in. In my mind it would be damn near impossible to roll a land raider and if it were hit by some sort of bombardment or ordinance I doubt very much it would be intact. Look at some WW2 shots of burned out tanks and armor. yes they do sink into the terrain but not at such a severe angle. That being said I do like the combination and look forward to seeing some painted photos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast