BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WFB Army Book Release Schedule

I heard from a somewhat reliable source that the following is the intended release schedule for WFB over the next year or two. I've had it corroborated by one of Warseers rumourmongers who sthall remain anonymous unless he choosed to post here:

Ogre Kingdoms (2011)
    Bretonnians (2011/12)
    Wood Elves (2011/12)
    Dwarves (2012)
    Lizardmen (2012/13)

With Wood Elves and Bretonnians in uncertain order.

Bear in mind these are rumours, and even if accurate these things are subject to change.
    Last edited by eldargal; 05-10-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Very Interesting. I've always fancied the Ogre models. Being all big and Ogre-y. I'm a fair bit surprised Dwarfs would get pushed back so far, but the again, I'm not sure on the order in which they were released.

So just as pure speculation, if Brets/OK are next, what new plastic kits would you expect to see?

For Brets, questing knights is the most obvious choice to become plastics. For Ogres...maybe a fun plastic Manhunter kit? Further, what can you see being the "big" monster that every army will most assuredly get?

Speculating:

Bretonnians: Plastic Geail/Questing Knights and Grail Reliquae kits. A plastic trebuchet would be a safe bet too, I think there was a rumour it would be combined with the Reliquae kit as their big plastic kit.

No idea wha OK might get, I've never had much interest in the army so I couldn't say what they need to go from metal to plastic.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I'm surprised that there is no Empire in that list. It's good to see some of the more neglected armies gettign an update, but Empire is one of their 'key' races so I'm amazed that there is no update scheduled. This does make me question the accuracy of this release schedule. Particularly as Lizardmen still have a fairly new army book (certainly newer than the Empire).

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah, I myself am rather surprised by the Lizardmen being on that list. Everything else is pretty much as I had speculated but the Lizards are only what, two and a half years ago? three years ago? I would have planned for every other army but Lizardmen, Skaven and Beastmen to be up for re-doing, and even then I would not mind them redoing the poor beastmen they really got the short end of the stick.

Empire really didn't get toasted as badly with the 8th Ed rules changes as many of the others. The biggest change that wasn't a straight up improvement for them was the magic restructuring. Given that all their magic is in the BRB, they don't need it to be playable again. Undead and daemons were devastated by the fear change. Ogres and Beastmen took a hit with their large models and improved war machine accuracy. Wood elves were dumped on their ear by all terrain becoming largely irrelevant and the march blocking nerf. Brettonia is still wondering what happened to cavalry charges.

The other armies didn't have their playstyle and flavor jeopardized anything like that.

Actually, I suspect dwarf players will be upset to get a new book. With premeasured warmachines and triple the dependable charge range, they should be livin' large right now. High Elves probably feel the same way with ASF and nearly guaranteed re-rolls to hit...
    Last edited by Albavar; 05-10-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

The Lizardmen thing is completely out of left field. I would love to see how someone could justify them getting a new book so soon, considering it was released in 2009 (according to dakka). It's a new book and it does well in the current edition environment. And I don't imagine that they are pulling a Space Marine and outselling every other army in the range to further necessitate a release so soon. You could add, at minimum, Empire and Beastmen to the queue to get updated before Lizardmen need a new book.
    Why is it the bad guys are always more interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I heard from a somewhat reliable source that the following is the intended release schedule for WFB over the next year or two. I've had it corroborated by one of Warseers rumourmongers who sthall remain anonymous unless he choosed to post here:

Ogre Kingdoms (2011)
    Bretonnians (2011/12)
    Wood Elves (2011/12)
    Dwarves (2012)
    Lizardmen (2012/13)

With Wood Elves and Bretonnians in uncertain order.

Bear in mind these are rumours, and even if accurate these things are subject to change.
    Hi eldergal,

Are these from Harry or another source? Because its usually Harry who gets this info this far out on schedules.....

Veteran-Sergeant

What about high elves is it too soon?
    Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy.

i'd like to see the ogres get a plastic scrap launcher or somehting better as the huge kit, and have the 3x cobra priced box for the ogres come with the Rhinox Cavalry since they use a chariot base i could definitely see this as a good price point that's well under the forge world pricing for that unit / kit.

i still want plastic ushabti, kroxigor, treekin / tree man, yeti, sized models come in plastic. they show up when they show up.... never probably ha

i don't play brets. but they are lovely when finely painted. and i just can't feel bad losing to them ever. they are so noble. i root for them even if i'm winning.
    Last edited by billytwix; 05-10-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast