BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    They look great, but I don't know what GW were thinking when they didn't make Wracks a plastic kit. People are going to be running them as troops or not at all, they'll be far too expensive for a few 10-man squads.
    Maybe afther another 12 years we`ll gonna se plastic wracks, but I agree this sucks.
    Im not a fan of grotesques, I`ll be a fool but still have hope its not all....afther talos they seems so dull and ugly.
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Librarian

Lovely, lovely sculpts...

BUT!

Finecast?

Not plastic?

Oh frak you Games Workshop, frak you. First Dobby dies, and now this?! Seriously, every lame fantasy army gets it's models in plastic while 40K has to put up with

ONE SINGLE, UNPOSABLE SCULPT?!! SO I'M BASICALLY GOING TO HAVE TO GREENSTUFF EVERYTHING MYSELF?!! I ALREADY HAD TO DO THAT FOR MY OGRYNS AND IT WAS A PAIN IN THE HOLE THE FIRST TIME!!!

Whoever made this move needs to be tinkled on by kittens.

One single sculpt? Un-frakking-believable.

not impressed by the models or their rules. I will not be fielding them in my DE army. after all the amazing models they have put out for DE i am surprised at these. looks like they rushed the grotesqes and wracks becuase of how popular DE is now

Battle-Brother

I quite like the wracks. If I have some time I'll try to replace my old ones with those for Wargames Con if they come out with the fighter (the 18th?). On the other hand, if not I'll do it after I get back.

The grotesques I don't like a lot. On the flip side, you will rarely need a larger unit then 4 of them. I'm strongly tempted to just purchase some Talos extra heads and convert rat ogres though. I do not like the stance they are in, and their appear to only be one of them.

HOWEVER, this is a pictures of a single picture and this is probably the very reason that Games Workshop hates leaks so much. Now everyone has formed their opinion of the grotesques from one pictures where they are in the background.

Still, as they are finecast they should be MUCH easier to modify and convert. I'll probably pick up a single unit at some point.

Well hello static pose.

The Grotesques and their similar poses looks horrible; i thought we left that effect ages ago when we got more than one metal model pose per unit??

Other than that they'll do
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Chaplain

The Flyers look beautiful. You can really see the Venom and Raider bits on it.

However the grotesqus are a bit of a let down for me because they are essentially these;

[url]http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac348/RackhamMiniatures/Alchemists%20of%20Dirz/DirzHalberdiers.jpg[/url]

With liquefier guns and the wych/reaver helmets on them.

Chapter-Master

Whats with all the hate for the "static pose". It suits these tortured souls more, and outside of the DE line most models are static.

And the "one pose" as well. The problem is the rest of the DE line has spoilt us. Once you see it from different angles i'm sure it'll look good. The amount of conversion from bits that can be applied from other kits will be great. Don't judge them from one grainy photo at one bad angle.

And the models haven't been rushed...these guys have been designed on/off for 12 years!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Doc, those poses aren't just static, they are boring. Great detail on a boring model means a lit of worl went into a bad model that will have to be fixed to look good.

Brother-Sergeant

Agreed ... this is pretty FAIL for GW, given the versatility that's available in the Rat Ogre boxed set.

As to the Wracks ... Empire Flagellants + bits and bobs from the Eldar Sprues = counts as.

Finecast works if there are actual variants on the models, but these Wracks are clearly all the same body with different arms -- pretty poor when set against the variety in the Mandrakes and Incubi boxes.

The good news for all of us, however, is that these are to infantry conversions what vehicles are to Ork conversions: Carte blanche.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MightyOrang View Post
    pretty poor when set against the variety in the Mandrakes and Incubi boxes.
    Variation? The mandrakes box is 2 & 2 & 1 body set, which are basically identical except for the legs being slightly different

Same goes for the Incubi...there is only 3 bodys, the only difference is slight difference in cloth direction and different numbers of armour plates.

The wracks I can see at least 3 different legs sets and 3 different Torsos
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast