BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Back when I was your age...

Back in my day! We had to program our robots before the game started to walk uphills both ways through snow to get to the objective!

What are your favourite rules that are now no longer in our great game? What would you love to see come back?

Personally, I miss the old skimmer crashing rules. You'd shoot down a skimmer and it had a chance to crash into something on it way down. I think this would make flyers a lot more interesting. Particularly with the rumours of many new flyers this summer!
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Chapter-Master

Being a relative newbie (only 4 years in the hobby) I don't have many old favourites

The one thing I do miss is the stinger in the old DE book. One shot a turn, wounded on a 2+ and if the unit it hit died, you placed a blast template on the dead guys head that has the same strength as his toughness, and AP of his armour save.

So hit a terminator, wound him on a 2+, and if he failed his save, put a blast marker on his head at S4 AP2 to kill the rest of the squad. Wonderful gun...never made it to the new codex...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Being a relative newbie (only 4 years in the hobby) I don't have many old favourites

The one thing I do miss is the stinger in the old DE book. One shot a turn, wounded on a 2+ and if the unit it hit died, you placed a blast template on the dead guys head that has the same strength as his toughness, and AP of his armour save.

So hit a terminator, wound him on a 2+, and if he failed his save, put a blast marker on his head at S4 AP2 to kill the rest of the squad. Wonderful gun...never made it to the new codex...
    Holy poop! No wonder it didn't make it into the new codex. Although I suppose its as broken as something like Jaws of the World Wolf.. but still! Real good guard killer. No effect on vehicles I presume.

Guess range; i mean actualy guessing range. It was always fun to put my skills to the test when firing my IG mortars at the foe. I even had notes on table reminding me to fire them first bc you had to before measuring for any other gun.
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

from my old chaos days i miss my agents of khorne actually being killers. against Bererker chainaxes you could only get a 4+ armor save(great termies killers) and Khornate Axes power weapons that kept wounding on 6's(great everything killers) if you rolled a six to hit or wound cant remember you got to roll again and keep going until no sixes were rolled

Ork clans having their own rules and boarboyz. If those were still there I'd be painting and fielding them right now (probably will be a new codex in 2 years, so I'm hoping)

And no, I DON'T like the idea of using boarz as bikes. Not really the same thing.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    Ork clans having their own rules and boarboyz. If those were still there I'd be painting and fielding them right now (probably will be a new codex in 2 years, so I'm hoping)

And no, I DON'T like the idea of using boarz as bikes. Not really the same thing.
    I feel your pain on that one! I miss my Speed Freekz!

I know using boarz as bikes is silly. A lad I know came up with a brilliant idea for his city fight guard. He wanted to include Rough Riders, but the idea of using horses, in 40K, in city fight was a bit.. off. So he turned them into Dog Handlers instead. The 'rider' is a standard infantry, on foot, holding some attack dogs on leashes. Quite a brilliant idea for city fight!.

Battle-Brother

Overwatch! Best rule that was omitted after 2nd edition.

Also, vehicles that could move and shoot. (sounds crazy I know)

I miss all the old vehicle rules. I miss the turning template, the chart to determine damage. It was all very cool.

Oh, almost forgot!

Vortex grenades! The great equalizer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfoe View Post
    Overwatch! Best rule that was omitted after 2nd edition.

Also, vehicles that could move and shoot. (sounds crazy I know)

I miss all the old vehicle rules. I miss the turning template, the chart to determine damage. It was all very cool.

Oh, almost forgot!

Vortex grenades! The great equalizer.
    this is what i miss - i still have all my old vehicle templates and see through targetting thingy -
    ah the old days
    and 1 final thing vortex grenades - when they decide to move later in the game - complete random genius.

/k

I miss my old DE codex. That book had some of the most fun, terrifying, and off the wall units in the game (I am looking at you archon on jetbike) (you too terrorfex) (you too Dias of Destruction)

Now we are blood angels with better models and worse armor save

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast