BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enslavers

Chapter-Master

wow, I really didnt expect this many replies and especially not so soon. I really appreciate the encouragement..as it helps me get off my *** and do stuff !

I appreciate the constructive crit with the eyes too, ill likely high-light them then add some GW water-effects to make them shiny.

@Magos Bellum,

glad you dig the fluff, I made a point of adding 50% defeats as I often find alot of fan-fluff can be "mary-sueish" and I think weakness is just as important as strength, and one without the other is IMO quite boring too.

Veteran-Sergeant

Self-claimed amateur or not, these look stunning. Was tempted to try and build some Enslavers based of those meotic spores a long time ago. Never had the 'courage', nor could I find a suitable count as unit.
    www.astronomican.com/forums _______________ hephsforge.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I saw these ... and slowly reached for my laspistol, convinced that no matter what, above all, I did not want to attract their attention with sudden movements. these xenos scum make me sick to my stomach.

Quality models would love to purge them with righteous fire.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I always wondered what the enslavers looked like.....i think these guys definitely fit the fluff. Great quality build!

Honestly I like the eyes better without highlights/ 'ard coat....gives them a sort of dead-eyed-yet-sentient-in-some-alien-way-we-cant-understand look.
    Last edited by Vorlon; 10-12-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Battle-Brother

Awesome models and fluff. I see you're a fan of Lovecraft. :]

What do you play these as?

Librarian

Love it. Never seen so many enslavers, looks great. Fluffs awesome too.

If you look in the Chapter Approved article in WD 291, theres some enslaver rules.
    Last edited by person person; 10-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Brother-Sergeant

Your name: Assymetrical Xeno, is making more and more sense!
    I am impressed with the detail you put into your fluff and modelling. I would be interested in seeing a battle report to get a feel for how they play.
    Nice Job on the models!
    When there is no peril in the fight there is no glory in the triumph. Pierre Corneille(M2)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by rsheridan5 View Post
    Your name: Assymetrical Xeno, is making more and more sense!
    I am impressed with the detail you put into your fluff and modelling. I would be interested in seeing a battle report to get a feel for how they play.
    Nice Job on the models!

jeez, you guys are totally making me Internet-Blush here! really helps drive me forward to continue with my projects !

I'll definitly do battle-reports sometime this year hopefully when my main playing-friend comes over, he's just obssessed with weird aliens as me, so you'd be seeing stuff like enslavers VS kinebrach, or ulumeath VS chaos aliens

Veteran-Sergeant

I love the Lovecraft-ian feel, very much captured in the models...good job!
    "Sometimes I take humor seriously. Sometimes I take seriousness humorously. Either way it is irrelevant"

Veteran-Sergeant

They look awesome , I would love to destroy these foul spawns and rid the universe of there foul stench .

What do you count them as , or do you use the white dwarf rules they had posted for them .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast