BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    And especially with a new manufacturing plant in the area, the prices are bound to drop, and they have already talked about a price cut.
    This
    We know it sucks for you, we are aware, but you need to have a basic understanding of the free market and how it works. In this world, whether it sucks or not, you are entitled to what you pay for, and ONLY what you pay for, stop acting like the company owes you some kind of favor, they do not.
    And this.

There's a reason they're putting a factory over there. I had to pay $37 bucks to have a book shipped from Black Library. It irritated me. I got over it. If I didn't want to pay, I didn't have to. Cost of getting what you want sometimes.

Who has talked about a price cut? All I've seen are rumours. I'd love it to be true, but where is the evidence of a price cut?
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    Who has talked about a price cut? All I've seen are rumours. I'd love it to be true, but where is the evidence of a price cut?
    sorry, my mistake in wording, i was referring to us more or less with this one. I am really hoping for your guys sake it is true, I know that would make it a lot easier on you all.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

OH those stupid *******s. well guys it was fun but I'm out GW litterally has just killed the hobby, what a bloody crock.

Well to no ones suprice it happened. Its hard to consider that the only way GW is going to learn from this situation is by eroding their sales and player base, i dont give a crap about the company but they finally manage to put the last nail on the hobbys coffin down here. So its a loose loose situation for them and us.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by xxvaderxx View Post
    Well to no ones suprice it happened. Its hard to consider that the only way GW is going to learn from this situation is by eroding their sales and player base, i dont give a crap about the company but they finally manage to put the last nail on the hobbys coffin down here. So its a loose loose situation for them and us.
    Last edited by Jwolf; 05-16-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: blame it on rio

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    Embarrass myself? please... this is how the world works right now, this is how big companies do their practices. They know that people who want their product will buy it, they know that there are thousands of people out there who want instant gratification and will pay those exorbitant costs. Why do they know this, because they have been doing so for a long time, and yet they can still have successful business with rising prices because people keep buying. When they realize they aren't being successful, they will either cut ties, or cut prices down.

Is that fair? no
    is that reasonable? no
    will they keep doing it and succeed as they have been for decades? yes
    will they eventually change prices just to keep a market? of course, its just a matter of time

And especially with a new manufacturing plant in the area, the prices are bound to drop, and they have already talked about a price cut.

I'm not saying I like it, I'm not saying its fair, and sure, it sucks for you guys in australia (among other countries with similar issues) but sitting here whining on a forum about how bad you have it gets you nowhere.

I in no way ever said that you buying from those companies was bad, and I never said buying locally was morally better in any way, I say that is what I choose to do, and I have seen my fair share of price hikes in local stores because they are the only non online source and can get away with it. My local store decides it likes to hike up the prices because its the only place in the area that sells Warhammer and they get away with it.

GW is a large corporation, and unless you change your own trade laws in your countries, that is how things will be because GW owns the product and the rights to produce it, and they can charge what they want. It sucks, it costs a lot, but your choice is to buy or not buy, go ahead and complain about it all you want, but trying to say to everyone else that you have it SO much worse (whether true) is annoying. We know it sucks for you, we are aware, but you need to have a basic understanding of the free market and how it works. In this world, whether it sucks or not, you are entitled to what you pay for, and ONLY what you pay for, stop acting like the company owes you some kind of favor, they do not.
    Complaining about how a company misstreats its customers is ALSO part of free market, mouth to mouth is the most basic tool and most appreciated to expand sales, so it is to shrink them.

If you are so bothered by this post, then simply dont post and dont read it, last i checked nobody is putting a gun to your temple forcing you to type.

Chapter-Master

xxvaderxx, since you've made plenty of claims that "GW is eroding it's player base", why don't you show us your evidence? Or are you just making stuff up?

Remember, your opinion of a company does not reflect the demand of the general public for said company's products.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    OH those stupid *******s. well guys it was fun but I'm out GW litterally has just killed the hobby, what a bloody crock.
    I'm with you mate. Up yours GW !! I won't pay 2x what everyone else does. I have watched boxes of impy guard go from $35 aussie for 20 to $45 aussie for 10.

I make my own bows. For $35 I can make a bow with flemish twist string, or 12 very good arrows. So if any of you are into archery I may see you on the ranges some time. I'll be the one with the home made gear and the I hate GW t-shirt.

Brother-Sergeant

I'm in Australia, and I buy exclusively from Wayland.

I have looked at their site and there is nothing to say that they aren't shipping here anymore. I have emailed asking them about this, so if I get confirmation, one way or the other, I will post it up.

I have read this whole thread, and it seems as though these are all just rumours and nothing has actually been confirmed yet.

I have looked at Maelstrom's website, and they have indeed confirmed that they are no longer shipping here, but this does not mean that all online retailers are stopping.

As for ebay, stores seem to spring up and shut down that offer discounts on GW stuff, so I'm sure that will continue. I had great dealings with a few stores, all of which can't ship here now (one even offered 3 pack discounts!).

If anyone has some evidence, please post.

If it's true, I guess my armies go unfinished, and it's Warmachine or Malifaux for me!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast