BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mobynick View Post
    I make my own bows. For $35 I can make a bow with flemish twist string, or 12 very good arrows. So if any of you are into archery I may see you on the ranges some time. I'll be the one with the home made gear and the I hate GW t-shirt.
    Just sent you a PM.

Very interested.

Chapter-Master

hmmm is anyone else thinking that it cold be because MOST people are buying from say malstrom or wayland but NOT the local GW, so the choice for GW is A)close the shops and lose a lot of monies B) stop the other shops and make lots of monies!'

simple!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    hmmm is anyone else thinking that it cold be because MOST people are buying from say malstrom or wayland but NOT the local GW, so the choice for GW is A)close the shops and lose a lot of monies B) stop the other shops and make lots of monies!'

simple!
    I'd say the regularity of these price rises and the fact that GW still makes a profit on maelstrom sale means this is not the case.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post

simple!
    C) drop prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Bishop View Post
    I'm in Australia, and I buy exclusively from Wayland.

I have looked at their site and there is nothing to say that they aren't shipping here anymore. I have emailed asking them about this, so if I get confirmation, one way or the other, I will post it up.

I have read this whole thread, and it seems as though these are all just rumours and nothing has actually been confirmed yet.

I have looked at Maelstrom's website, and they have indeed confirmed that they are no longer shipping here, but this does not mean that all online retailers are stopping.

As for ebay, stores seem to spring up and shut down that offer discounts on GW stuff, so I'm sure that will continue. I had great dealings with a few stores, all of which can't ship here now (one even offered 3 pack discounts!).

If anyone has some evidence, please post.

If it's true, I guess my armies go unfinished, and it's Warmachine or Malifaux for me!
    Wayland Games posted on their facebook profile that they and their lawyers will look through these changes before they announce their next move.

WaylandGames
    Guys and girls, we are not ignoring you by not making a formal response to GW's trade terms changes that were released today. We need some time to properly study them, as do the lawyers. So please bear with us until tomorrow when we will be able to elaborate.

Brother-Sergeant

^^ Thank you you posting that, Seregon.

On another note, I urge all of you to write GW an email, outlining your concerns and future intentions, given this move. This has already started on Reddit.

I know it sounds ridiculous, "what will they care", etc, etc. But it is the least we can do. How do they know our grievances unless we tell them?

Just write an email, politely outlining your problems (e.g. paying too much in Australia, not allowing retailers to ship outside the EU, etc). I'm sure you are all smart enough to know how to write such an email, so I will leave it up to you.

The main thing is, if you do email them, don't just rage and saying you're going to PP; that won't help. Speak from the heart. Tell them your story. Explain your love for the hobby. Let them know.

Will this solve the problem? Who knows. All I know is, it is the least we can do, as sitting around whining is not good enough.

Fight for your right to hobby!

Chapter-Master

Wow Bishop, you're spamming two threads with this nonsense? I don't normally like picking arguments, but the tripe you are spouting is starting to annoy me.

You have no RIGHT to your hobby. You have a RIGHT to not be killed. You have RIGHT to own property without it being unfairly taken from you. You have a RIGHT to come on the internet and spout your views to anyone that will listen (however much I wish you wouldn't). You do not have a RIGHT to buy plastic wargames figures at a price that you deem to be reasonable (I know, came as a surprise to me too, but I double checked the UN Declaration of Human Rights and its definitely not there). GW owes you no moral, ethical, legal or any other type of obligation to sell its products at a price that suits you. Its only obligations are to its employees and it shareholders. It fulfills both of these obligations by making a healthy profit and it does this by charging more money for its products than it costs to make and supply them. It also does this by preventing other companies from selling its products cheaper than they do. If you can't afford it, tough. That's capitalism for you. Don't buy plastic crack, go invest the money you would have spent in another hobby, or pay more off your mortgage or save it for your kids university fees or whatever else you want to do with it. The world won't come to an end if you have to give up GW.

So please, please stop this foolhardy campaign that will achieve nothing other than frustrating the poor guy that has to respond to your emails (and I assure you he will not be passing them onto anyone higher up), and stop encouraging others. And please stop filling the forums up with this non-issue.

Wildeybeast you realy are friendly ain't ya?
    So you think that even after exchanching the money through currency exchange and then doubling the price is fair?
    Oh don't tell me you're Jes Goodwin, phil kelly or soembeody from the marketing high order of gw? Now that makes perfect sense "lets rip everybody off, who cares that its unfair, and that we are as bad as politicians and bankers. lets go make 300% profit!"
    And non-issue? How is it not an issue?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    So please, please stop this foolhardy campaign that will achieve nothing other than frustrating the poor guy that has to respond to your emails (and I assure you he will not be passing them onto anyone higher up), and stop encouraging others. And please stop filling the forums up with this non-issue.
    For once, I have to agree on this one. I work in a similar position to the blokes in GW - I take customer calls and assist them with their products. I cannot speak on policy/pricing for our services, and when I get a call or E-mail asking about these things, all I can do is say/write a prewritten script.

Its better to call them and ask "who can I talk to to get more information on this?", then they can give you the contact information of someone who actually can help you rather than just write "we appreciate your concern but..."
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheRise View Post
    Wildeybeast you realy are friendly ain't ya?
    So you think that even after exchanching the money through currency exchange and then doubling the price is fair?
    Oh don't tell me you're Jes Goodwin, phil kelly or soembeody from the marketing high order of gw? Now that makes perfect sense "lets rip everybody off, who cares that its unfair, and that we are as bad as politicians and bankers. lets go make 300% profit!"
    And non-issue? How is it not an issue?
    I have to ask: Do you realize how ignorant your posts read? They obviously read "angry," but they're so ill-informed that I almost want to think they're a joke...

I doubt Jes Goodwin (a sculptor/artist) or Phil Kelly (a designer/writer) have anything to do with GW's marketing policy. Remember that GW is no longer a mom n' pop shop. They're a multi-national, publicly traded corporation, and surely have a marketing department with varying levels that determine how the product is going to be marketed to the public. This would include a team of math/economics-minded individuals that are tasked with determining the viability of their pricing structure.

Further, your comment about politicians and bankers is downright ignorant, and if GW was making 300% profit, then they'd be doing exactly what their purpose and responsiblity to their shareholders dictates: to make money.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast