BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

FYI Rustynail, there was no criticism in your first post, I just assumed that that last one would generate some. As for the price possibly decreasing, honest opinion, no idea! Thats just my optimistic nature at play I do notice a pattern with the way things are going with these finecast price increases,
    e.g. Oh no! The models have gone up in price! I'm not going to buy as many of them anymore!(p.s. not trying to mock anyone(seriously)) Just saying, if lots of people have this attitude (which I think its safe to say they do) then they're not going to sell many of them, so they will HAVE to lower the prices. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting them to lower the prices of their models, I'm just hoping they will at some point in the future. =rant end=
    Anyway, this price increase might be worth it IMO. That is assuming that the models are as detailed as GW's making them out to be. Guess we'll see in a couple of weeks
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    In the new blog post on the GW web sight it sounds like it implied some of these figures going into resin are getting new sculpts.
    o.o

Quote:
    Ah ha, so that's what they've been up to in the Studio. I had wondered why, when I walked in there, people kept hiding models under their desk. From what I've seen of the new miniatures (I accidentally picked one of them up without realising what it was) they look absolutely stunning. So stay tuned, because next Monday you'll all get to find out a whole lot more about them.

Interesting....
    To me that suggests that the sculpts haven't changed at all, only the materials.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
    I don't know, I wouldn't draw many conclusions from which models are missing, though it does seem to coincide slightly with rumors of upcoming releases. Limited Necron and Tau, and not even a single Sister or Witch Hunter model made the switch so far.

Still, a switch this big will take time, this list is pretty limited in the grand scheme of things, and I suspect GW will want to clear out their metal caches, so metal they still have enough to last a few months on will probably still be metal for a while until GW gets around to making resin of them. They'd do it in batches, so it will take time for them to convert everything over.

The new name is probably just to give it a line name, marketing, rather than a promise of better detail than metal. Not to say it isn't possible, I just mean don't get your hopes up and we shall see what we shall see.
    Don't forget! They may have their eyes on making Sisters/WH in the works, they just dont want to tell us yet! Everything in that list has either been released, or GW has almost confirmed their upcoming release. Nothing spoilerish about this list sadly
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Default Azhag

I for one am pretty excited about a resin-like Azhag the Slaughterer. I never bought the metal one because it seemed like it would be sheer hell to pin together. (Of course the resin one could be as well).

It would also be neat to see some missing-in-action metal models return such as Sisters of Battle (even though they aren't on the list).

Otherwise MOST armies won't need too many Finecast models. Most things will already be plastic aside from your HQ, General or BSB. (Cringe. I know... there are armies with waaay to much metal. Dwarfs, I'm looking at you).

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post

Is it just to do with the age of moulds? Newer moulds are easier to convert (or where designed to) work in resin?
    Oh yeah, because Dante is a new model for sure.

It looks to be a list of popular models (from a retail sales point of view, not a "I think these are cool" models from any one person's point of view)

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    . If these people can stay profitable offering mini's at sometime half the price of GW, what's GW's problem?
    Shareholders. GW is one of, if not the only all game company that is publicly traded. Thus they are responsible not only to customers and employees, but to the shareholder, and that makes a huge world of difference from what a smaller company might have.

(WOTC doesn't count, as they sold their soul to Hasbro after they screwed themselves on limiting who could sell Magic cards and thus lost market share and any profit margin)

Again I cannot understand all those complainy people....

I will start complaining about GW prices when starting a new army from scratch costs you as much as a scuba or skiing equipment + bi-yearly vacations to make use of said equipment.

Assuming the quality is right this might be the spark to reignite my tyranid love (prolly will get a docen warrior boxes before the may price increase just to be shure ^^) and I'll replace my metal nids with resin ones in one fell swoop (meaning my bag will be half as heavy and paint will actually stay on a hiveguard that tips slightly over or even a zoantrope!)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It is a rubbish picture but someone spotted this at a GW in Germany:

It is one of the Fine Cast models and appears to depict either the Decapitator or a Haemonculi, it could also indicate that the Fine Cast range may include new sculpts.
    I gonna dig out the one useful piece of info in this thread :P

I think i like as a hemon...hes too energetic for the decapitator...I want him skulking like in his codex artwork.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post

I will start complaining about GW prices when starting a new army from scratch costs you as much as a scuba or skiing equipment + bi-yearly vacations to make use of said equipment.
    Actually you know what....I CAN get a new snowboard for HALF the price of a new army, and I know what I will be doing.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post

I sincerely hope you're not suggesting that collecting minis for a game in any way equates to going on vacation. If you are ... you need to get out more. The difference in scale between this game and those things you mentioned is equivalent to the difference between making love and looking at a girlie magazine in the book store. If one group of friends asks me do I want to game, while another asks me do I want to go to Cancun, and there's no difference in cost. I'll be selling my game stuff to go to Cancun.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast