BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Here is the problem. Looking at this black box, I can go to my local game store right now and buy a miniature from a different manufacturer of equal (or more often superior) quality to any comparable mini in the GW line, and it will be cheaper. Some of these people have been in business since well before Citadel miniatures came into being. If these people can stay profitable offering mini's at sometime half the price of GW, what's GW's problem?
    Superior to quality maybe to marines but have you seen the Dark Eldar range? Which has the cheapest troops with the highest quality minis in the GW range.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    Those prices!
    Still I reckon they'll go down a fair bit once GW start making back some of the money they've lost on the transition. Best thing I can see there; plastic eldar rangers One of the only things I don't like about the current eldar is the metal troops... not any more
    Really when was the last time GW dropped prices on anything?

Tom

The new DE are possibly the best plastic figures out tthere at the moment....can't wait for Jes and Phil on the new Eldar dex and figs!

Librarian

GW drops prices once due to a tax cut in the UK

oops
    Last edited by DadExtraordinaire; 05-16-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Chapter-Master

Here is the problem. Looking at this black box, I can go to my local game store right now and buy a miniature from a different manufacturer of equal (or more often superior) quality to any comparable mini in the GW line, and it will be cheaper.
    You're full of it if you're claiming this. To get a similarly quality miniature, you're paying the same prices. Comparable Privateer models are $17.99. What other miniature lines are you claiming are of equal or better quality, yet cost less? I'd really like to know, because I'm calling BS.

See, this I don't believe. I mean, we've all heard it time and time again. Every time GW raises prices, official apologists come out wringing their hands, tears streaming down their face, claiming, "Oh, poor pitiful me, I can barely make a profit."

:|

Here is the problem. Looking at this black box, I can go to my local game store right now and buy a miniature from a different manufacturer of equal (or more often superior) quality to any comparable mini in the GW line, and it will be cheaper. Some of these people have been in business since well before Citadel miniatures came into being. If these people can stay profitable offering mini's at sometime half the price of GW, what's GW's problem?
    Greed?

Who need competitors when Games Workshop does a fine job of being its own worst enemy?

Brother-Sergeant

Depends on what you're going for. There are some very nicely done miniatures out there for some very attractive prices. There are also some very poorly done ones out there for a wide variety of prices. It all comes down to: "Was the Plastic Dudething you bought worth the price you paid as you see it?"

If the answer is "Yes.", then you're good. If the answer is "No.", well, then I'm not sure why you made the purchase.

I can't say I'm particularly happy about a price increase either, but GW is, for better or for worse, a 'for profit' company. They're in the game to make money. As annoying as the practice is, it's probably going to help to ensure that we've support for the game in the years to come.

In terms of the actual minis, I suppose we'll see what the level of detail is like on them. It's definitely going to be different to work with for me since I do most of my prep work indoors. I guess I'll learn to file and cut wet rather than dry.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    Would this new material also include better detail on the model as well? if so ill consider paying a bit more for that benefit.
    I wouldn't get my hopes too high for a noticable jump in quality. Remember: higher quality = higher price. A lot of GWs sculpts are already pretty decent quality, and to get better would get closer to stepping on Forge World toes. I'd rather have the scupts at the current quality if it means lowered prices.

Forgeworld is generally a rare sight mostly because of the price, I don't want to see normal GW prices hitting those levels because of the quality of the sculpt. That'd shut a lot of us out of the hobby (imho).
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast