BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Its not Resin... its "Citadel Fine Cast"... **** off! Its Resin. Its poisonus. Less kids are going to start the hobby now, and its at the near teens age when they start to get hooked. kids will have to wear protective masks, and its a significant price increase when you think about it, especialy on the younger pocket. They are now going to lose more customers, who will go to other ranges to get alternatives. Also I thought resin was cheaper to do? Yeah but they still gotta get over 200% profit! Damn ****ing GW... one very Ranty e-mail is about to get sent, and I hope it is not the only one!

Don't be stupid, GWs regular plastic is a resinised plastic (or plasticised resin, I forget), its fine. This new one is like that, they spent quite some time looking for a resin which would do what they wanted and was harmless. They found one.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Oh and yeah they are putting in restrictions to selling now... GW have gone too far...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Don't be stupid, GWs regular plastic is a resinised plastic (or plasticised resin, I forget), its fine. This new one is like that, they spent quite some time looking for a resin which would do what they wanted and was harmless. They found one.
    But...But... it's so much easier to complain and post unsubstantiated claims and baseless accusations! Damned be actual information or supported facts! Watch:

Citadel FineCast models are going to kill people! GW wants to poison people! There's a snake in my boots!

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    But...But... it's so much easier to complain and post unsubstantiated claims and baseless accusations! Damned be actual information or supported facts! Watch:

Citadel FineCast models are going to kill people! GW wants to poison people! There's a snake in my boots!
    Hell if the kids want to they could have some fun with the aerosols, glue and plug up their arses with green stuff. Forget about the self harming antics that can be had with scalpels and the razor saw. I forgot children don't have responsible parents anymore.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I agree that is most likely the case. I heard on a podcast (Independent Characters?) that if the resin material they were using was harmful, they by law couldn't sell them in a retail store context. The law doesn't allow any company to sell something that can be construed as a "toy" (and the definition of "toy" is pretty broad) that is made of a material that is toxic/harmful. They would literally lose the ability to sell any of those resin models via retail stores.

Librarian

First Citadel Finecast miniatures HERE:

[url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/originalci.jpg/[/url]
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post

OH SHART WITTDOOLEY! GET DOWN! THARS A SNAKE IN YAR BOOT!

To be fair, the fact I can no longer suck on a metal model and get brain damage really does bother me. I was really hoping to use it as an excuse to do all sorts of crazy things
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Librarian

Im guessing the classified pic next to the DE models is a special character, not too sure what the one near the skaven could be.

IT'S PEOPLE!!!!

Citadel FineCast is made from PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast