BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    You know for years the elitist attitude in gaming in this area was Warhammer Fantasy players, but now it's the local Warmachine players who try to convince you how stupid you are for not playing Warmachine (I'm sorry, I don't find warmachine appealing at all)and apparently that has carried over to the internet as well. Our local store carries both products and I keep an eye on Warmachine models and pricing, and I have no idea where he's getting this "lower prices" line. When GW starts charging $85 for a metal horse drawn wagon, let me know.
    I concur. I like something a bit more complex than 'kill my opponent's warcaster'.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

Well, I´ll wait until May 28th to see this resin miniatures by hand and then judge them, but now I can tell you that I already have all the miniatures I need for my Space Puppies and Ultramarines´s armies...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Was talking to some GW staff today and heard a few good things.
    Over the next week, all their metal stock is being sent back to head office, and then over time they will be replaced with the new finecast models (this includes blister packs, half metal half plastic boxes and the like). Most (if not all, they weren't specific, which was fair enough, more surprises for us) will be released this Saturday, and then the odd few within the next months.
    The way the models are made, is very similar to the Warmachine models.
    Some of the Finecast stuff is only more expensive than it's original metal release, because they were having a general price increase anyway (Also, paper codecies going to £20 and hardback, £25, roughly).

Oh, one last thing. You've all seen at least some of the finecast models already. The 'Eavy Metal team have been using them for showcase stuff the past couple years. It's taken GW A LOT of time and effort to completely redo their metal stock. That's why it might be a bit more expensive, they've damn well re made half their models.

Also, they bounce...?

Brother-Captain

Bouncing sounds great.

I've dropped tons of plastic models, and they bounce along the floor, picking up a bit of dust maybe...but you know what? They virtually never break (if they do, it's a quick fix) and I've never had paint flake off this way.

I'm tired of metal models being knocked over and shattering into their constituent bitz, requiring a lot of work to fix up again, as well as having the paint flake off.

As far as I'm concerned, bring on the resin! Zoanthropes will be the first thing I try to rotate out of metal, followed by anyone with a jump pack.

I mean, I could do without the price hikes, but...eh, couldn't we all?

Prices raising are only ever fun to the people doing the raising :/ Oh, well, it won't stop me buying anything outright from them. I don't care if I stop playing, I just really want to get some Necron Wraiths that don't break when I walk past them.

And the bouncing is good. Apparently what they did was have the metal and resin version of Mephiston. Dropped the metal one from the top of a ladder and it broke. Dropped the resin one from the same height, and it just bounced and rolled off, no damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Rich View Post
    Was talking to some GW staff today and heard a few good things.
    Over the next week, all their metal stock is being sent back to head office, and then over time they will be replaced with the new finecast models (this includes blister packs, half metal half plastic boxes and the like). Most (if not all, they weren't specific, which was fair enough, more surprises for us) will be released this Saturday, and then the odd few within the next months.
    The way the models are made, is very similar to the Warmachine models.
    Some of the Finecast stuff is only more expensive than it's original metal release, because they were having a general price increase anyway (Also, paper codecies going to £20 and hardback, £25, roughly).

Oh, one last thing. You've all seen at least some of the finecast models already. The 'Eavy Metal team have been using them for showcase stuff the past couple years. It's taken GW A LOT of time and effort to completely redo their metal stock. That's why it might be a bit more expensive, they've damn well re made half their models.

Also, they bounce...?
    I wonder what theyre going to do with all the metal figures. Id love them to sell them all at low prices, but I guess its more likely theyll melt them down and sell the raw metal or something
    drifteruk.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    When GW starts charging $85 for a metal horse drawn wagon, let me know.
    The Dark Elf War Hydra is $96 Australian, and look at the prices of the Great Daemons.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

The Blood Knights are already $150 Australian, are GW seriously going to ask in excess of that for five finely sculpted knights? Jesus, are people that stupid to pay that amount of money for them?
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    The Blood Knights are already $150 Australian, are GW seriously going to ask in excess of that for five finely sculpted knights? Jesus, are people that stupid to pay that amount of money for them?
    Yes. Yes they are...
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrifterUK View Post
    I wonder what theyre going to do with all the metal figures. Id love them to sell them all at low prices, but I guess its more likely theyll melt them down and sell the raw metal or something
    I think what they're doing with them is having the old metal stuff only available via their online store and mail order until they're all finally gone.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast