BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default GW Email Campaign

Greetings fellow hobbyists,

As I'm sure many of you are aware, GW is changing there Terms and Conditions, explicitly forbidding EU retailers from shipping outside of the EU.

This is not a rumor anymore, as we can see from the post of Maelstrom's website, and the post on Wayland Games' facebook page.

I live in Australia, and with the exuberant cost of GW products here, this could well spell the end of the hobby for me.

I have played 40K and Fantasy since I was around 12 years old. I remember picking up a White Dwarf for the first time and being amazed and bewildered by this mysterious world; I was hooked. I had a period where I didn't play during my teenage years, where I got myself into all sorts of trouble. One of the things that got me out of said trouble, was getting back into this hobby, as it gave me something to focus on, and a new reality to craft. I have gotten many friends into the hobby, including my lady, and Warhammer is now something we all love and share together. I'm sure many of you can relate to all of this....

I am urging all of you who are about to be affected by this change, and are finding yourselves in similar situations, to take the time to write an email to GW, outlining your grievances. Speak from the heart. Tell them your story, make them understand your love for their world, and how much it will pain you to have to give it all away as you are 'priced out of the market' as it were.

I know a lot of people will dismiss this as being pointless, but so is just complaining. If you are going to lose something you love so dearly, the least you can do is fight for it just a little! It won't take more than 10-20 mins to write a thoughtful letter to GW.

How will they know our pain unless we tell them?

This may all seem rather tragic and dramatic to a lot of people, but to me, this is all very real. If I can no longer order online, I can no longer afford to play this game, and that will be a massive lose to me. I love this hobby, and I will mourn its lose, so I am at least going to try to save it for myself.

You can contact GW at: '[email protected]'.

This is the only email address I could find, so if anyone else has a more direct email address, please post it.

Please, get behind this, and do what you can to defend the hobby!

We all fight on imaginary battlefields, so now fight on another one (i.e. the internet)!

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

- Bishop

Chaplain

Hey Arch! I've E-mailed my GW rep with your story (and mine as well). With a bunch of questions about the resin switch, the price increase, and the southern hemisphere/EU shipping hullabaloo. I can't give out her E-mail address to anyone here (that would be very unfair to her), but when I get a reply, I'll let you all know!
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Bishop View Post
    Greetings fellow hobbyists,

As I'm sure many of you are aware, GW is changing there Terms and Conditions, explicitly forbidding EU retailers from shipping outside of the EU.

This is not a rumor anymore, as we can see from the post of Maelstrom's website, and the post on Wayland Games' facebook page.

I live in Australia, and with the exuberant cost of GW products here, this could well spell the end of the hobby for me.

I have played 40K and Fantasy since I was around 12 years old. I remember picking up a White Dwarf for the first time and being amazed and bewildered by this mysterious world; I was hooked. I had a period where I didn't play during my teenage years, where I got myself into all sorts of trouble. One of the things that got me out of said trouble, was getting back into this hobby, as it gave me something to focus on, and a new reality to craft. I have gotten many friends into the hobby, including my lady, and Warhammer is now something we all love and share together. I'm sure many of you can relate to all of this....

I am urging all of you who are about to be affected by this change, and are finding yourselves in similar situations, to take the time to write an email to GW, outlining your grievances. Speak from the heart. Tell them your story, make them understand your love for their world, and how much it will pain you to have to give it all away as you are 'priced out of the market' as it were.

I know a lot of people will dismiss this as being pointless, but so is just complaining. If you are going to lose something you love so dearly, the least you can do is fight for it just a little! It won't take more than 10-20 mins to write a thoughtful letter to GW.

How will they know our pain unless we tell them?

This may all seem rather tragic and dramatic to a lot of people, but to me, this is all very real. If I can no longer order online, I can no longer afford to play this game, and that will be a massive lose to me. I love this hobby, and I will mourn its lose, so I am at least going to try to save it for myself.

You can contact GW at: '[email protected]'.

This is the only email address I could find, so if anyone else has a more direct email address, please post it.

Please, get behind this, and do what you can to defend the hobby!

We all fight on imaginary battlefields, so now fight on another one (i.e. the internet)!

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

- Bishop
    Why not for all globally? Surely, other peeps are fed up with the 5 price increases in 3 years? I wouldn't mind but the books keep rising in cost when it is now far cheaper to print and publish a book than it ever has been. I wouldn't mind but even on the histrocial side people seem to think a rule book should cost £30 / $65 - why? I can get a dozen decent books from amazon for that price........

There was a successful campaign against Coke Cola by the consumer in the states a couple of decades ago, that saw Coke Cola be forced into making a U - turn, and they didn't even have the internet then.

So, why not start an internet campaign against GW, like boycotting shops, no purchase of any GW product for 2 months. That will bring them to the table to discuss our concerns........

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DadExtraordinaire View Post
    I wouldn't mind but even on the histrocial side people seem to think a rule book should cost £30 / $65 - why? I can get a dozen decent books from amazon for that price........
    I'll disagree a bit here. For the amount of book you get in the rulebooks, the price point is fairly standard for publishing. The biggest difference is that Amazon is going to give you their discount on the book, as opposed to selling it at MSRP.

You're still paying a bit more, but their pricing isn't that far off if you conside the rulebook for what it is: either an Art Book or a Text Book:

Some examples:
    Art Books
    [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Decoded-Jay-Z/dp/1400068924/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305646003&sr=8-1"]Jay-Z Decoded[/URL]

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Art-Marko-Djurdjevic/dp/0785139621/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305646183&sr=1-1"]Marvel Art of Marko Djurdjevic[/URL]

Text Books
    [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Photography-10th-Barbara-London/dp/0205711499/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305646253&sr=1-4"]Phtography Textbook[/URL]

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Public-Speaking-Strategies-Success-5th/dp/0205504051/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305646302&sr=1-4"]Public Speaking textbook[/URL]

The page numbers for each aren't exactly at the 320 pages of the BRB, but they're close enough to make a valid comparison. Just as much work goes into the Warhammer Rulebook as any of these books, so the pricing isn't that off for me.

Banned

The email for Australia is:

[URL="[email protected]"][email protected][/URL]

I'd also consider emailing the "What's New" guys, as I emailed GW a couple of days ago and got a very form letterish non-response:

Thanks for your enquiry. We charge a price we believe is appropriate for the products we sell. Each year we review our prices to ensure we continue to charge what is appropriate. We may raise prices on some products at this time and this can be done to increase revenue, however is more commonly done to offset inflationary pressures such as rising staff costs, rising freight costs and the like. Thus, each year we don’t necessarily raise prices on all products, only those we determine are needed.
    Might even send Jervis a letter. Definately going to bring this up at Games Day if it isn't adressed in some manner.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    The email for Australia is:

[URL="[email protected]"][email protected][/URL]

I'd also consider emailing the "What's New" guys, as I emailed GW a couple of days ago and got a very form letterish non-response:

Might even send Jervis a letter. Definately going to bring this up at Games Day if it isn't adressed in some manner.
    These are fantastic ideas! Thanks for getting involved.

I will email the what's new guys and Jervis, and I will forward my email to the address you provide.

Spread the word!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Skragger View Post
    Hey Arch! I've E-mailed my GW rep with your story (and mine as well). With a bunch of questions about the resin switch, the price increase, and the southern hemisphere/EU shipping hullabaloo. I can't give out her E-mail address to anyone here (that would be very unfair to her), but when I get a reply, I'll let you all know!
    Of course you can't print her email! That is just common sense.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks for getting behind this.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DadExtraordinaire View Post
    Why not for all globally? Surely, other peeps are fed up with the 5 price increases in 3 years? I wouldn't mind but the books keep rising in cost when it is now far cheaper to print and publish a book than it ever has been. I wouldn't mind but even on the histrocial side people seem to think a rule book should cost £30 / $65 - why? I can get a dozen decent books from amazon for that price........

There was a successful campaign against Coke Cola by the consumer in the states a couple of decades ago, that saw Coke Cola be forced into making a U - turn, and they didn't even have the internet then.

So, why not start an internet campaign against GW, like boycotting shops, no purchase of any GW product for 2 months. That will bring them to the table to discuss our concerns........
    I can totally understand your viewpoint, but for me right now, this is about keeping in the hobby AT ALL.

We are getting charged ludicrous prices here, and without Wayland, Maelstrom, and others, I can't afford to play anymore.

I agree that the price hikes are ridiculous, but that is another issue.

Maybe if we get somewhere with this, the next step is pushing that issue?

For me, personally, I want to address the impending doom about to befall Australia and other countries. If prices here stay the same, and EU retailers can't send stock here, I can't play at all.

GAME OVER.

Brother-Sergeant

I'm thinking this announcement and the price hikes are just the first step in GW announcing the formation of the GWFC(Games Workshop Financing Corporation).

Clearly we're all going to need it sooner or later, but why not test the waters in NZ/Aus/Japan and the like?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Bishop View Post
    We are getting charged ludicrous prices here, and without Wayland, Maelstrom, and others, I can't afford to play anymore.
    So don't play then. Why the big internet whinge? Gw is a company, they can charge whatever they like. If people think it is too much, they won't buy it and GW will either go out of business or lower prices, just like everyone other company. And they are well within their rights to stop 3rd party retailers from undercutting their profit margin. I could undertsand if this was food, or petrol or electricity that was being massively jacked up in price, but seriously, it's little plastic men. Either pay what they ask or don't, but stop wasting their time and yours by spamming them with emails.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast