BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Default GW Web staff comments

Well it looks like GW web dudes have heard the cry over the internets over the prices/trade embargo:

"Hi everyone,

Well, we can see that there are quite a few of you with strong feelings about several issues, and the threads have gone a little crazy. We’re sorry many of you feel frustrated. We have read all of your comments and because we (the web dudes) don’t have the power to act on any of them, be assured that we have passed your comments on to the higher levels of management in GW.

We want to continue posting pictures of your fantastic miniatures, and link to hobby related items. We would like future threads to remain relevant to the topic in question, so everyone else can have their voice heard and enjoy the discussions about the hobby we all love.

We’ve got your comments both in this thread and on those older posts, which will remain open for you to carry on the conversation there – please, feel absolutely free to do so, we will indeed read them. But in any new threads, we want to celebrate the creative efforts of others. Any comments that stray off topic will be removed.

Just remember that we must remove any strong language and abusive users, in consideration of our youngest fans.

The web team."

[url]http://www.facebook.com/notes/games-workshop/your-comments/227241343957370[/url]

Iron Father

It's nice to see that GW has at least acknowledged the current discord from it's customer / fanbase. I personally feel that GW have been guilty of burrowing it's head in the sand in response to customers concerns and complaints in the past. I guess it's now a case of watch this space to see if GW will address these issues of price, shipping and material use in a positive way.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    It's nice to see that GW has at least acknowledged the current discord from it's customer / fanbase. I personally feel that GW have been guilty of burrowing it's head in the sand in response to customers concerns and complaints in the past. I guess it's now a case of watch this space to see if GW will address these issues of price, shipping and material use in a positive way.
    I wonder if the disconnect isn't between GW and the fanbase, but rather between the Creative entities at GW (the ones responsible for actually making and designing the products) and the Corporate entities at GW (the ones in charge of the money and, therefore, the business decisions.)

I think this acknowledgement supports that, but that's just me.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    I wonder if the disconnect isn't between GW and the fanbase, but rather between the Creative entities at GW (the ones responsible for actually making and designing the products) and the Corporate entities at GW (the ones in charge of the money and, therefore, the business decisions.)

I think this acknowledgement supports that, but that's just me.
    Could very well be the case. Infact it would make alot of sense. I don't expect GW to u-turn on any of the changes they have announced over the past few days but a further explanation would maybe go some way to help it customers understand why.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Captain

Actually, I took that to be the most friendly form of "go screw yourselves" I've heard in a long time.

Translation:
    "We're going to move all your complaint comments into their own specially little place where you can all scream and vomit bile to your hearts content. Meanwhile, if you bother to post any complaints anywhere where they can actually be seen, we're going to smack them down like a redheaded step child. Have a nice day."

Last edited by Necron2.0; 05-18-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Typo
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master

I really think that the only way that GW will listen is if somehow the customer discontent makes it way to the mainstream media (and then to its shareholders).

Remember the only constituency that Kirby answers to are the shareholders. When they start asking "why are customers so pissed off?" then perhaps you'll start seeing some action.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

My experience in the corporate world tells me that a lot of it is going to be internal. A company is made of different groups with varying degrees of power, and it takes time for one group to get its voice heard in upper management for anything to get done, but they still have to be diplomatic about it for the sake of their jobs. This just means the web team has done all they can, and they may even use their own announcement to help get a response out of upper management in a timely fashion. It was too quick for upper management to have told them to make this response, that could take a few days in a company the size of GW. We will just have to see if anything comes of it.

Believe me, some people in a company actually hate their own shareholders for the same reasons we do. :P

Chapter-Master

Yeah that is pretty polite 'screw you and stop moaning'. TBH I'm surprised they even went as far as bothering to post that.

And the share holders will only care/notice that customers are pissed off if it makes a dent in their dividend. Half of them probably don't even know what GW does as they'll own a whole bunch of shares in loads of companies.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

If their plan was to say "Screw you and take it" they wouldn't have posted anything at all, as that would just fan the flames, but either way, we'll see what happens. Maybe nothing will, which will be about the same effect. The message carries no meaning if there is no subsequent action.
    Last edited by Lancel; 05-18-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Actually, I took that to be the most friendly form of "go screw yourselves" I've heard in a long time.

Translation:
    "We're going to move all your complaint comments into their own specially little place where you can all scream and vomit bile to your hearts content. Meanwhile, if you bother to post any complaints anywhere where they can actually be seen, we're going to smack them down like a redheaded step child. Have a nice day."
    I'm not sure thats really how the translation or the intent of the message comes across.

its more a case of

translation: WOAH!!!!!!!!! our inbox/threads/everything was flooded with angry mail over that last few days!! ARGHHHHHHH *runs around the room in panic*
    breathe....
    breathe...
    Now, as much as we appreciate and understand your frustration, there is very little we as *the web dudes* can do, and no amount of spamming us with frustrated letters and hate mail is going to make us in charge of the company, so we have passed on a report/notification of your concerns to a higher power which is all we can do. so now that there is nothing else we can do currently, can we please enjoy talking about the hobby and not turn topics into hate threads and not let small children who may be reading be exposed to foul language.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast