BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mobynick View Post
    Just so you know if I was to buy a Valkerie in Aust from GW it will cost me $103 with free post.
    From GW UK with 20 pounds shipping added on it cost me $89.40
    From Malstrom I could get 2 valks for $110 with free postage.

While the have stopped Malstrom and the likes I can still order from GW UK and save a packet, so what really was the point. I'm not buying from GW again but if I was going too I'd still not order from GW Aust.
    Can't do that anymore, as of may minimum GW shipping from uk to aus is 70 pounds. That's why this action is illegal according to Australian trade law
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-18-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
    That's not entirely the case either. Shareholders care about the customer because they know their feelings affect said bottom line.
    A while back I saw a list of major GW shareholders, the largest ones were IIRC investment firms.
    I seriously doubt that type of shareholder would give a rat's A-- what GW did until it caused stock value to drop, then they would just sell before they took a loss.

I have also heard that the Shareholders told GW management they felt GW was not doing enough to maximize profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    ... but at then end of the day with your car, if you can no longer afford to run it you find an alternative, I cycle now instead of driving my car for 30 mins, my other option is to lump it.
    Wish I had a reasonable alternative to driving to work. I live 20 miles from work, 15 of that is highway and takes 12 minutes, the other 5 takes 23 minutes. If I rode a bike I could not take the highway which would add 30+ minutes driving. That means I would spend 3 hours+ round trip. Public transportation would take as long or longer. Since I work 10-12 hours per day I would have almost no free time.

Brother-Sergeant

@adamsfamily....no a web boycott proberly won't work but word of it might filter through and throw a switch at GW HQ. Beside being english they proberbly think a web boycott is Geoffery signing laptops. (cricket...you yanks proberbly missed the joke). There is a facebook page set up though if any of you are interested....550 members last time I looked.

Occuli Imperator

... Beside being english they proberbly think a web boycott is Geoffery signing laptops. (cricket...you yanks proberbly missed the joke)...
    "I've seen more brains in my pork pie" - G Boycott OBE

(Boycott bingo [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/testmatchspecial/4910566798/[/url])
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 05-19-2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Clarify Humour

Brother-Sergeant

deleted 2xpost
    Last edited by Mobynick; 05-19-2011 at 06:55 AM. Reason: double post :(

Just want to chime in and say that the web team are good guys.

@adamsfamily....no a web boycott proberly won't work but word of it might filter through and throw a switch at GW HQ. Beside being english they proberbly think a web boycott is Geoffery signing laptops. (cricket...you yanks proberbly missed the joke). There is a facebook page set up though if any of you are interested....550 members last time I looked.

To be fair I'm english and that joke skipped me. But i' not a cricket fan. shameful i know.

As to the facebook page, i shall have to stay clear. I don't welcome a price increase etc but I can't boycott my hobby either.

As a student i have little enough cash as it is so i am very specific as to when i can afford to indulge in my hobby.

Unfortunetly as much as i wish things were cheaper, i have jsut come to accept it. When i first started Uni i could buy a loaf of bread ( a decent quality loaf) for under £1. Now it's more like £1.50. I could buy Value range from tesco etc but i would rather pay that little bit more and enjoy the whole oaf of bread instead of buying cardboard quality bread that i can barely force myself to eat. The same goes for my hobby. I would rather pay for the quality of the product than change system or product. If that means waiting a few extra weeks to gather the money to buy a box of marines, i'm ok with that. If anything it makes me value the stuff i already own even more.

I beleive that the month of July was the boycott month? Perhaps we need a fresh "Boycott" thread?
    Why July?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by addamsfamily36 View Post
    I'm sorry, and this has nothing to do with the fact i think a boycott is a silly idea, but it just simply wouldn't work. reasons to name a few:

- Only a small portion of GW customers are online as part of BOLS and other wargamimg communities. so organising a web boycott will only get you so far.
    - Not everyone agrees with the idea of a boycott as they just choose to buy when they can afford. and the ones who are hating GW and their prices already shop elsewhere or not at all anyway.
    - kids don't give a crap about economics, buisness etc. So they are going to continue spending their pocket money on plastic
    - parents for birthdays and presents and general treats will continue to buy GW products
    - retailers will continue to replenish their stock
    - new people to the hobby, starter box sets sold etc

the list goes on
    Don't want to poke a nerve or anything but, I can create a long list detailing why I should not try or do anything.....ever. Just because its difficult you say give up before you even try?

Facebook-mass emails-word of mouth-everyone knows someone who visits forums or facebook, its really not that complicated. You go ahead and just quit before you try though that seems to be the way most people deal with things these days.

As before don't want to bicker, but saying its too hard and making a list why is a very lame excuse, although a lot faster and easier then actually trying to make a difference.

Brother-Sergeant

Dad ... No idea that was the general consensis.

Too hard, blind acceptance, don't rock the boat...these things are fine, some people fight injustice others live with it. I live by the motto "Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees".c I'm not poking fun at anyone who accepts the price change I'm just looking to recruit like minded gamers

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast