BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What are your plans with GW over the next year or two?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will continue to buy GW as I always do! (But I'll still moan about the prices)

27 19.85%
  • I will still buy GW products, but less frequently (Like an environmentalist in an SUV)

46 33.82%
  • I'm going to totally boycott GW! (Took my stapler away!)

6 4.41%
  • I'm going to start looking into other game systems! (You cant have my monies no more!)

30 22.06%
  • I'm going to start looking for cheaper ways to get GW (Second Hand Treasure Hunter)

41 30.15%
  • Other, I'll explain in my reply!

14 10.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Talking

I'll stick with ebay and my FLGS. I was in there earlier picking up a birthday present to myself and was given a 5% discount without asking.

Chapter-Master

I won't be buying as much GW stuff over the next couple of years, but that is more my personnal situation than the price increase. Partly that's because I have a few hundred models waiting to be built/painted/used. It'll be a while before I need anything again... though how well I will stick to that, only time will tell.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

I will continue to buy their minis and not complain about their prices. GW stuff is still a good deal.

Veteran-Sergeant

My problem is some of the price increases are as high as 25%!!!! WTF?! 25%?

Brother-Sergeant

The part of my disposable income that I currently spend on GW each month will still go towards GW purchases. If I do a bulk purchase of 3+ boxes like I did last month then I make sure I go to Dark Sphere here in London and get the 20% in store discount. If it's just a single box or blister then it's cheaper to buy it from GW as I don't have to pay for transport for the extra journey.

If everything doubled in price (i.e in Australia) I could understand all this upset (the EU trade block does suck) but Terminators going up by a couple of £ is hardly the end of the world. Unless people are dropping their life savings on a whole new army then it's only a small difference - it's not like the extra £2 will stop you putting food on the table. If money is that tight then save up an extra week of pocket money and you can afford exactly the same stuff.

People didn't complain this much in January when the UK's VAT rose by 2.5% on everything - i.e essential stuff like food and clothes.

It's a hobby, a luxury that we all enjoy. The majority of us will have dozens of unpainted or even unbuilt models lying about - buy what you actually need and will use and you'll probably end up saving money, even with the price rise!
    www.rebelsgrotto.blogspot.com - Go visit, you know you want to!

Chaplain

not really going to affect me, i don't buy as much anymore as i've got enough models to play any style of army i like. though i was thinking of restarting tomb kings again but with the amount of models needed to play now i won't be able to afford it.

however my 10K worth of chaos marines will keep me in good supply (i recycle them whenever i need a new unit).
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Chaplain

[QUOTE=RebelGrot;139096]People didn't complain this much in January when the UK's VAT rose by 2.5% on everything - i.e essential stuff like food and clothes. [QUOTE]

Actually I think GW does have VAT on models. I remember them going up in price a bit in Jan, and my receipts always mention the VAT. Please correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I'm not that in touch with the economy.
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Chapter-Master

There is no vat on most food

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Sergeant

[QUOTE=Cyberscape7;139107][QUOTE=RebelGrot;139096]People didn't complain this much in January when the UK's VAT rose by 2.5% on everything - i.e essential stuff like food and clothes.

Actually I think GW does have VAT on models. I remember them going up in price a bit in Jan, and my receipts always mention the VAT. Please correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I'm not that in touch with the economy.
    Yup, indeed they do (within Europe at least). My point was that prices went up on everything this year in the UK (including GW) and, while it was no fun, people still weren't as upset about essential goods going up in price as some people here are about plastic make believe men.
    www.rebelsgrotto.blogspot.com - Go visit, you know you want to!

Chaplain

[QUOTE=RebelGrot;139110][QUOTE=Cyberscape7;139107]
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelGrot View Post
    People didn't complain this much in January when the UK's VAT rose by 2.5% on everything - i.e essential stuff like food and clothes.

Yup, indeed they do (within Europe at least). My point was that prices went up on everything this year in the UK (including GW) and, while it was no fun, people still weren't as upset about essential goods going up in price as some people here are about plastic make believe men.
    Ah, sorry didn't understand at first Completely agree with you tho
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast