BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Joining Warmachine

Well, GW's embargo, price increases and now preventing US stores selling to Australia have left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm selling my Eldar and Skaven armies, keeping my Dark Eldar and Dark Elf armies. But I'm joining Warmachine. It looks great, sounds fabulous to play. Ordering some Cryx tonight.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Welcome! There seems to be two main stories for people starting Warmachine from Warhammer.

1> "This look like a fun little game to play on the side" (6 month later) "When was the last time I played Warhammer?"
    2> "I've had enough of (whatever GW did to piss people off this month), I'm going to play something else!"

The bright side about the second one is that selling off an army is a great way to buy into a new game.

Cheers tonyzahn

Veteran-Sergeant

Welcome to the club my friend!

Be sure to check out the Privateer Press website and especially the forum. Great stuff there, especially in the cryx sub-section. We've got lots of great threads on tactics and strategy for you to pour over and read through.

Another really good website is the Battle College Wiki - just google that and you'll find it.
    They have ton's of great information about the synergies between troops and stuff.

But the reality is you really can't pick a bad faction.

@TonyZahn: #1 is me to the tee! I've played 3 games of 40k since starting warmachine in January of this year.
    Visit my blog for painting tips, WIPS and other cool junk - www.paintyominis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    Well, GW's embargo, price increases and now preventing US stores selling to Australia have left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm selling my Eldar and Skaven armies, keeping my Dark Eldar and Dark Elf armies. But I'm joining Warmachine. It looks great, sounds fabulous to play. Ordering some Cryx tonight.
    They are not stopping US store from selling to anywhere I have spoken to a Trade rep 3 times since this and he has confirmed this. We do not need to make up bad PR for GW

Sorry, but I didn't make it up; maybe it is my fault for believing someone else. However, GW has enough bad rep now.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    They are not stopping US store from selling to anywhere I have spoken to a Trade rep 3 times since this and he has confirmed this. We do not need to make up bad PR for GW
    I'm pretty sure that GW's new terms and conditions also prevent USA retailers and etailers selling to the southern hemisphere since that's exactly what everyone there is saying or haven't you read their blog posts and comments?

And you're right, we don't need to make up bad PR for GW, they do just fine on their own.
    Visit my blog for painting tips, WIPS and other cool junk - www.paintyominis.com

Quote Originally Posted by theHman View Post
    Welcome to the club my friend!

Be sure to check out the Privateer Press website and especially the forum. Great stuff there, especially in the cryx sub-section. We've got lots of great threads on tactics and strategy for you to pour over and read through.

Another really good website is the Battle College Wiki - just google that and you'll find it.
    They have ton's of great information about the synergies between troops and stuff.

But the reality is you really can't pick a bad faction.

@TonyZahn: #1 is me to the tee! I've played 3 games of 40k since starting warmachine in January of this year.
    Thanks theHman!

Just returned from the city with a brand new copy of the Cryx rulebook. Unfortunately, the MKII book is out of stock - but will be in Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by theHman View Post
    I'm pretty sure that GW's new terms and conditions also prevent USA retailers and etailers selling to the southern hemisphere since that's exactly what everyone there is saying or haven't you read their blog posts and comments?

And you're right, we don't need to make up bad PR for GW, they do just fine on their own.
    Well there are no terms I have never ever seen any terms that stated anyting like that and when directly asked they said nope

Veteran-Sergeant

Unfortunately, BitzBarn, the reps are some of, if not THE, last to know/be told. It's sad considering I've yet to meet one who wasn't awesome, friendly, and incredibly helpful. Not so great having the company's line to the outside so far down the 'need-to-know' chain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast