BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    They are not stopping US store from selling to anywhere I have spoken to a Trade rep 3 times since this and he has confirmed this. We do not need to make up bad PR for GW
    And you were also dead certain that GW would never make the move to resin...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn
    I do not buy it.

The technique is similar so no retooling but the enviromental issue is serious.
    Seriously, why don't you just stop trolling the PP forums? You've made it abundantly clear that you dislike PP games in an intense, if not grammatically correct, way.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    Well, GW's embargo, price increases and now preventing US stores selling to Australia have left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm selling my Eldar and Skaven armies, keeping my Dark Eldar and Dark Elf armies. But I'm joining Warmachine. It looks great, sounds fabulous to play. Ordering some Cryx tonight.
    I too, am making the jump tomorrow.

Keeping all my armies for 40K and Fantasy, but not adding to them or starting anything new.

Picking up a Khador battle group for myself, and a Cryx one for the lady.

Got my hands on a MKII rulebook, and it is a thing of beauty. I particularly enjoyed 'Page 5'.

It is not Warhammer, but nor does it try to be.

So far I am very impressed with the rules set, as they are extremely clear and concise.

Hope it all goes well for you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Bishop View Post
    I too, am making the jump tomorrow.

Keeping all my armies for 40K and Fantasy, but not adding to them or starting anything new.

Picking up a Khador battle group for myself, and a Cryx one for the lady.

Got my hands on a MKII rulebook, and it is a thing of beauty. I particularly enjoyed 'Page 5'.

It is not Warhammer, but nor does it try to be.

So far I am very impressed with the rules set, as they are extremely clear and concise.

Hope it all goes well for you mate.
    If you are ever in Brisbane, contact me and we can game. I have a lot of terrain and a 6x4 table. Anyway, have fun!
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Battle-Brother

Got my hands on a MKII rulebook, and it is a thing of beauty.
    Just as a side note: do not forget to visit PP site and download the latest errata.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    If you are ever in Brisbane, contact me and we can game. I have a lot of terrain and a 6x4 table. Anyway, have fun!
    Dang! I use to live in Brisbane!

I may very well visit there in the future, and if I do, game on!

Mazgier: Thanks for the advice, I will download it now.

Battle-Brother

If you allow me, Arch_Bishop I'd like to share one more advice: You're coming to Warmachine from GW environment. Being a PP Pressganger and also an ex-WH40K player I am aware that it is often a bit hard for some players to get used to the way PP rules are written. The WM/H ruleset is very precise and does not leave many "grey areas" to argue about but you have to learn the rigid RAW nature of the rules. Basically - what you read is what the rule means. No more, no less. When eg. you see a phrase "...after enemy model advances and ends its movement" be sure you know how terms "enemy model", "advance" and "ending movement" are defined in the rulebook (and they all are) and do not overlook that there is "and" between two of them. All of that is necessary to execute the given rule the right way.
    Also do not forget that there is a PP rules forum on their site and the answers you find there are treated as official. So regardless if you play in Brisbane or decide to visit Poland and attend one of our tournaments (please, feel invited to Poznan BTW ) you may be sure that all players use the same rules/erratas/clarifications.

Veteran-Sergeant

So Farseer Uthiliesh and Arch_Bishop, how do you guys like WarmaHordes?

Taken a bunch of beatings yet? Having fun I hope!
    Visit my blog for painting tips, WIPS and other cool junk - www.paintyominis.com

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks for the help and kind words Mazgier!

I have read MKII through once, and I've got to say, it's beautiful.

As you said, the rules are very clear and precise, which I really appreciate.

I am reading it through again.

Almost finished painting my first Destroyer, and my lady is putting the finishing touches on her Slayer.

I am yet to get a game in as I'm at the end of my uni semester, so too many assignments to play. Looking forward to the holidays! The only maths I want to see during the holidays better be dice based!

theHman: I am yet to play, but expect some thorough beatings in the near future!

The PP forums have been great too. The faction sections have a wealth of information.

Trying to decide on my first unit purchase. I'm thinking Widowmakers, but we shall see.

Good luck all!

Quote Originally Posted by theHman View Post
    So Farseer Uthiliesh and Arch_Bishop, how do you guys like WarmaHordes?

Taken a bunch of beatings yet? Having fun I hope!
    I actually haven't played the game yet; waiting for a friend to paint his Legion of Everblight models (that's right, Cryx versus LoE). Khador order should arrive, and I am about to make a massive order of Skorne.

Love the MkII rules - brilliantly written and presented, and the setting is great. I'm so happy GW enacted the embargo, as I would never have gotten into Hordes & Warmachine!
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Trying to decide on my first unit purchase. I'm thinking Widowmakers, but we shall see.
    I love those models. I don't even play Khador, and I have a box of them waiting to be painted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast