BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    I actually haven't played the game yet; waiting for a friend to paint his Legion of Everblight models (that's right, Cryx versus LoE). Khador order should arrive, and I am about to make a massive order of Skorne.
    Word of advice here: Get your Green Stuff/Milliput and your pin vise ready. Some of the earlier Skorne models (particuarly the warbeasts) are abominations to put together. You'll need to do a fair amount of green stuffing on all the Titans. There are fair amound of seams as well, and I find that Milliput works best here, as you can get it nice and wet, turn it into a paste, and fill the gaps, toothpaste-style, that way.

For your pin vise, make sure you have a 1/32 bit, as you'll certainly want it for the back flags on the Cataphracts. The pinning on these guys reminds of the pinning I had to do with my Rackham Tir-Na-Bor dwarves.

Also...since no one has said it yet: Be prepared to lose. A lot. Until you learn all of your syndegies and those of your opponents, you will lose. It is the nature of the beast that is Warmahordes. Stick with it though. There's a lot of game there.

I’ve played 40K since Rogue Trader. I picked up my first Warmachine figures during the first GenCon that Privateer Press Debuted the Cygnar boxed set…I’ve been heavy on the WarmaHordes side ever since…but then lately, especially with the new Grey Knights been contemplating getting back into 40K…then I played a small points game last night…and my first thought was “I have to pick up Warmachine:Wrath”.

40K will always have that nostalgic place in my heart, and I hope a lot of the rumored changes for 6th edition are true, but until that time…

Welcome aboard! It’s a great game from a company that isn’t ashamed to admit when they make a mistake with a rule/model and errata it immediately. They answer questions as soon as feasibly possible, and even have quite the dynamic tournament environment with their “Steamroller 2010” tournament rules.

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Also...since no one has said it yet: Be prepared to lose. A lot. Until you learn all of your syndegies and those of your opponents, you will lose. It is the nature of the beast that is Warmahordes. Stick with it though. There's a lot of game there.
    It is a game that is easy to pick up and hard to master - If you are playing against an opponent who knows the ropes, they will hit you from directions you never would have had to consider in 40k/Fantasy. Remember to ask your opponent to read their cards, and as long as you aren't playing TFG and it is a friendly game, let them know that you are new to the game and ask what kind of movement shenanigans you can expect.

I would pay particular attention when looking at your opponents cards what movement buffs they have, since those can be the nastiest surprises.

For example, a Feral Warpwolf with Kromac as a caster with a Black Clad Wayfarer and a Gnarlhorn Satyr can gain an additional 9" on its charge distance on top of its base move plus the 3" for charging.

Thanks so much everyone for your great advice
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Brother-Captain

Same boat as you fellas, had a few friends trying to get me in for about a year and half now...In May GW finally convinced me to give PP an honest go.

I just got in my first game last week, should get in another tonight...I won! But only 'cause I played another noob!

Went with Khador on the advise of trusted friends (and I like the models, plan on using a paint scheme that light on red though)

Had a good learning game with pIrusk, some Kazays and Doom Reavers...lots to learn.

So far I enjoy the game dynamics, its always fun to try something new.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

I just made the jump for much the same reasons. Starting Protectorate. I was already a bit familiar with the game but hadn't jumped in for social reasons within the LGS. New not-so-local game store and already had a great game while they brought me up to speed.
    caellachsector.blogspot.com
    This message made from 100% recycled electrons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123