BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Some people may have dyslexia. Lets not let a thread about how arguments are a bad thing, devolve into arguments.
    Agreed, it's just silly and inverted if it does :|
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Librarian

Smile Collegiality

I left for a while when things got a bit nasty here. At one point I could not seem to post anything without getting flamed, although I confess to probably having been one of the sarcastic people referenced above. In my own defense, I usually held fire until someone was really causing trouble, then I directed it at them. Still, I should have taken the higher road. I'm not sure why some people feel the need to lash out to start with. Maybe they have had some bad days at work or are generally unhappy in their off-line lives and so they take it out on others. Perhaps the anonymity contributes to this.

The good news is that it seems like there is a bit more collegiality lately. Threads like this are evidence of it. I have always enjoyed your posts Buffo, but am a little sorry to hear Melissa is gone. I thought she was kind of funny in a way even though I often disagreed with her. Regarding spelling, we probably should go easy on it with some exceptions. If a post is so poorly composed that it does not make sense, then that is clearly cause for concern.

It also seems like the quality of a lot of the posts have gone up since I was away. There are a lot of really intelligent people out there with clever ideas.

Overall BOLS remains a great forum.

Chapter-Master

Dunno about cleverness i had to look up collegiality...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah, I don't really miss Melissa, or all her supporters that came out of the woodwork and blindly agreed with everything she said.

I used to post a lot on 40K online (and before that, Eldar Online) and Bolter and Chainsword.

I checked back recently, and they both seem pretty bad. 40K online has gone from Eldar Online -> 40K Online
    -> Space Marines Online.

B&C is especially scary (Don't get me wrong, it's a great resource for SMs. I used to go to the Dark Angels forums a lot) because of the complete lack of knowledge related to other, non SM armies.

Don't even get me started on Tau online. Take one look at the experimental rules.

Honestly, BoLS Lounge is probably one of the better hobby forums out there. They are quite close in tone to the original GW forums way back in the day.

Librarian

Huh, I hadn't noticed that Melissia wasn't about here anymore; then again I've been scarce the last several months, mostly in a drunken haze. Enjoying my newfound legal drinking age privileges and all that. Shame, I always did enjoy her posts and wit.

I did see her comment on a rather asinine article on a gaming blog where this so-called "journalist" claimed that W40k: Space Marine ripped off Gears of War, using the flimsiest of reasons. He was grasping around in the dark for the proverbial bra clasp, this alleged journalist.
    "Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse."

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Now then now then BuffO just because you've chilled out in your old age - Meliissia was a character, - as per Pulp Fiction, personality goes a long way.
    Pulp Fiction? I am no fan of Quentin's movies, but even I know that Pulp Fiction was a decent movie. Melissa belongs in Jackie Brown. You know, the Q.T. movie no one knows existed nor seen because it is complete and utter garbage?

My old age? If my arthritis allowed me to get up out of my chair I would whoop you one four!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    agreed buffo. i've been to warseer, and was promtly treated like crap for some reason or other. same with 40kOnline. one mod there is a complete idiot and doesn't really listen to reason. and librarium online is just a waste of braincells.
    40kOnline is a travesty of a forum. I got banned there because little did I know that the 'old timer' posters and moderators are best friends, and if you cross one of those posters, the Mods make your life so hard by changing your posts, and giving you warnings for bad grammar. I wanted to test something out there, so I literally copied a post made by one of those posters that the mods love so much, and posted the copied thread myself. The post was filled with so much flame bait that I knew if I wrote it, I would be banned. I was banned for posting flame bait.

I was a bit worried here on the Lounge for a bit because when the lounge first started, Melissa decided to make this place her sh!tting grounds like she does on other forums. I was complaining about Melissa constantly to the mods here, but nothing was getting done about her attitude and flame baiting ways. I figured it was just the typical "mods won't ban women because mods are idiots who like breasts" sort of deal. You always get that on forums, where the mods show leniency for female posters. Whatever happened to her, I am glad she stopped posting here. I was seriously getting pissed at the Lounge and the mods here because for months Melisa was literally calling posters idiots, and the mods were doing nothing. You can't do that on the bigger forums and get away with it for long.
    Last edited by BuFFo; 06-04-2011 at 07:32 AM.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

I like Melissia, even if I don't agree with how she expresses her opinions sometimes.

BoLS is easily the best wargaming forum I've seen and I visit dozens regularly while trawling for rumours. Warseer, for all the whining does have an excellent plog section and the rumourmongers are top notch but the attitude of a lot of the regular posters I find abhorrent.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Melisa was literally calling posters idiots, and the mods were doing nothing. You can't do that on the bigger forums and get away with it for long.
    see, i'm the kind of guy who would rather slap someone for pulling this kind of garbage than just roll over and let it happen. and if she called me an idiot, i'd slap her around too.

the folks over at 40konline forgot one critical thing: their board is one of dozens of wh40k boards on the net, if not hundreds. the mods there think they're something special when really, they're not. Treat people right and people will stick around. Treat people like garbage and pull elitist bull**** and people leave.

they can have their little pissing grounds and think they're something special, for all I care.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 06-04-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    see, i'm the kind of guy who would rather slap someone for pulling this kind of garbage than just roll over and let it happen. and if she called me an idiot, i'd slap her around too.
    I agree, but here is the thing...

I was in the army. I learned to respect authority, not out of blind respect, but because authority IS authority. Many people, most women especially, go through life with an air of entitlement. They lack any respect for authority because they are used to getting their way.

When I first started complaining about Melissa here, the complaints fell on deaf ears. The mods didn't give a crap. She then started complaining about me, and I immediately was getting warnings and PM's. For months she kept on calling posters idiots and I decided to just back off and ignore her. She felt entitled to act like a spoiled brat, because on other forums, she treats male posters the same way, and gets away with it.

So I respected the authority here, but she didn't. She lacked the intelligence and honor to be an adult, why? She has breasts. The mods like breasts. Done. It isn't more complicated than that. Entitlement versus honor is an age old battle.

For whatever reason, she doesn't smear her vile snail trail here anymore, of which I am glad. Not for myself, but any new user that would see her filth and think "Didn't I just LEAVE Warsewer/40KrapOnline?"

Posters, their ePeens and eGos. Never a dull moment.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Librarian

She lacked intelligence and honour because she had breasts.

Awesome. Melissia bad, raging misogyny good.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast