BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default *Spoiler* The Face of Treachery AoD

The representetive for Horus on the World Eater's battle cruiser takes actions to ensure that Corax and the Raven Guard escape from Istavaan. But the representative is not one of the Sons of Horus, he is a member of the Alpha Legion.

My question is, do you think the order to allow the Raven Guard to escape came from Horus or was Alpharius/Omegon responsible? It seems to me that Horus would be unlikely to allow a potentially deadly enemy like the Raven Guard escape but Alpharius/Omegon would not be above such manipulations.

On a side note you will probably have already noticed but in Latin Alpha translates to the "begining" and Omega to "the end." I recognized the words from a priest's homily I heard when I was little.

Librarian

Well, I think the easy/obvious answer is that the order came from the Alpha legion. Why do I say so? Well, in Legion, Alpharius turns on the Imperium to speed the fall of humanity.

I'll one up your last bit. But first yes, I know about the Alpha and Omega thing. But moving on, The "Alpha" Legion was actually the omega legion, the last one created. Chew on that nugget.

Brilliant haha. I really need to read "Legion" is there any chance of another novel about the Alpha legion?

Quote Originally Posted by jorz192 View Post
    The representetive for Horus on the World Eater's battle cruiser takes actions to ensure that Corax and the Raven Guard escape from Istavaan. But the representative is not one of the Sons of Horus, he is a member of the Alpha Legion.

My question is, do you think the order to allow the Raven Guard to escape came from Horus or was Alpharius/Omegon responsible? It seems to me that Horus would be unlikely to allow a potentially deadly enemy like the Raven Guard escape but Alpharius/Omegon would not be above such manipulations.

On a side note you will probably have already noticed but in Latin Alpha translates to the "begining" and Omega to "the end." I recognized the words from a priest's homily I heard when I was little.
    been wondering the same question if it was horus or the twins who allowed the raven guard to survive,
    i guess the twins at that cabal vision they saw what Corax would do with the cloning tech and what he would do afterwards.

and that Alpha and Omega is fromm the bible Revelation 1.8

Battle-Brother

i think it was the alpha legions decision alone. the XX legion do not relocate to the eye of terror at the end of the heresy and as how legion panned out i assume they do not worship chaos. i think the decisions was down to their overriding loyalty to the emperor. as Age of Darkness suggests some form of trechary by the ultramarines and sides are already being drawn three ways (the emperor, Dorn, the Lion ect; Horus and the other traitors ; Guilliman) i assume the alpha legion of the 41st millenium seeks only to remove the empire of the userping ultramarines: making them loyal but unforgiven such as the thousand sons (ahrimans fraction, bloodravens) and the dark angels.

of course this theory could be entirely wrong and i eagerly await clarification from a possible seccond alpha legion book