BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FW Female Empire Character, on a dragon!

So buying this:

From French Dames Day.

Also, she seems to be riding side saddle, which is just too fantastic for words.
    Last edited by eldargal; 05-23-2011 at 04:33 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Nice! Good find and thanks for the picture Eldargal

Although I'll want to see better pictures before making a buy decision. The model looks fairly impressive so far.

I do believe you are correct in terms of the rider sitting side-saddle.

Personally, I like that she has a small pedastal with a book open in front of her (makes sense as she is a magister). Sort of reminds me of all the women at the gym who get on the exercise bikes with their magazines.

Wellyou should always wait for good pictures or until you see it in person, two people on Warseer who have seen it in person say it is much, much nicer than the photos so i'm hopeful. Of course I will buy it anyway just to encourage GW/FW to make more female characters.

Also, thread title should read 'FW Female Empire Character' not Empress, edited now.

She is riding side saddle!
    Last edited by eldargal; 05-23-2011 at 04:42 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

That's looks awesome! Need to see more before I make up my mind about buying. Agree on her being side-saddle is cool.

Veteran-Sergeant

One more piece of super expensive plastic/resin lump that I am inevitably going to buy regardless of whether I actually play the army or not. So much for the kids college fund.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I will buy it anyway just to encourage GW/FW to make more female characters.
    Well, now that Warhammer Forge has finally stood up operations maybe we'll see more goodness. With them producing whole armies such as the Chaos Dwarves we might see other armies such as Amazons, Cathay, Araby, etc in the future that include female models (or in the case of Amazons, an entire range).

Personally, I'd like them to revisit the Everqueen. She was such a neat character and her model back in the day was totally lackluster. She really didn't stand out much from an ordinary High Elf Mage (in fact the newer models stand out far more than she ever did).

Well there is a new Everqueen model, it is just a question of if or when they release it (I've heard this from two reliable sources). Storm of Magic would be our best bet prior to a new Army Book.

Oh, and another picture:

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well there is a new Everqueen model, it is just a question of if or when they release it (I've heard this from two reliable sources). Storm of Magic would be our best bet prior to a new Army Book.
    Okay, that last picture moved the model from a "I'll wait and see" to the "Will definitely buy" column. The detail on the rider and her saddle clinched it for me.

I'm curious to see what they release for Storm of Magic myself. I don't want to hijack this thread though so I'll leave further speculation on that front for another thread.

Chapter-Master

Do we have any details on a release date for this?

Librarian

Sidesaddle just proves she's a lady of quality.

That scythe is pretty frakking win, even if the dragon's a bit goofy (Although I just find the whole idea of dragons a bit goofy.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast