BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default The New Haemonculi + Wrack + Grotesque Models.

Here's a preview the New Dark Eldar Haemonculi range.

Haemonculus.

Grotesques.

Wracks.

The Resin Frame.

With the Cronos and Talos out, Dark Eldar players will finally have all the tools to build a Haemonculi Coven!

Source: [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2011/05/leaked-pics-of-grotesques-and-wracks.html"]http://natfka.blogspot.com/2011/05/leaked-pics-of-grotesques-and-wracks.html[/URL]

Chaplain

Maybe my expectations are too high after the other releases, but I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for more dramatic poses from the Wracks, and the Grotesques don't knock me out either. Hopefully it is due to a rush modeling and paint job by GW, and more dramatic poses and striking color schemes will up the coven's TT appearance. I'm glad that pics are getting leaked, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_Lord View Post
    Maybe my expectations are too high after the other releases, but I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for more dramatic poses from the Wracks, and the Grotesques don't knock me out either. Hopefully it is due to a rush modeling and paint job by GW, and more dramatic poses and striking color schemes will up the coven's TT appearance. I'm glad that pics are getting leaked, though.
    The only Wrack that looks in a normal sort of pose, is the leader (Acothyste? Or something :L)
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

If you look at the resin sprue... I think you can see a HUNCHED HAEMONCULUS

Awwhhhh... Dag nab it, it's Warlord Queek ¬_¬
    Last edited by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th; 05-24-2011 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Being a flat out failure
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Those are seriously dissapointing minis. I waited years to start a haemonculus army, but i guess ill wait another 3 years for plastic wracks. Queek, [I]may[I] just make an awesome haemonculus...

Chaplain

As an admirer of the dark eldar range, I'm quite pleased by the models They may not be in dramatic poses but IMO wracks are more of a, "If we stand still, we can still scare the living S**T out of the opponent!"
    As for the other finecast things 2 things I like:
    1) The blister packs will make it a LOT easier to locate the models in store
    2) Did anyone else notice the Hive tyrant in the page?
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

While I think more poses would have been nice, I;m not really seeing the logic behind the desire for more dynamic poses. These are the twisted, mutilated things which shamble slowly towards the enemy (they don't have standard Eldar fleet, remember) I don't really see them springing into battle and the models look just like the codex art so I don't understand the surprise either.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    While I think more poses would have been nice, I;m not really seeing the logic behind the desire for more dynamic poses. These are the twisted, mutilated things which shamble slowly towards the enemy (they don't have standard Eldar fleet, remember) I don't really see them springing into battle and the models look just like the codex art so I don't understand the surprise either.
    For me, it's that damn left arm sticking out on everyone of them. It just looks odd for a squad. A shame, because the Grotesques were the one unit I wanted the most.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    +1 Im with you on that(wracks looks cool), but still think its a shame grotesques have one pose.
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Chapter-Master

Why weren't these models in plastic? Seriously?

If I were to continue buying GW models, specifically Dark Eldar, I sure as crap won't spend $120+ on a unit of 10 wracks, or $200+ on a unit of Grotesques, especially since they ain't no Long fangs.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast