BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I need a new video gaming challenge...

I need a new video gaming challenge... and you BoLSkateers are a pretty sensible bunch... so I thought I would ask for some random advice:

I am looking for a good, reasonably long SINGLE PLAYER game for the PS3 to break up my NCAA Football 2011 playing :-)

I really liked Red Faction: Guerilla, assasin's creed and the single player portions of Killzone 3, COD and Battledfield (1+2)

Well, not knowing much about your tastes I would hesitate to recommend anything really, but Mass Effect II is available on PS3 and it is, in my opinion, one of the finest games ever produced.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Red Dead Redemption.

I picked it up two days ago and I've logged abour 15 hours so far. Its seriously fun. And it has a CoD-BO style zombies mode to boot. Seriously. It's a bout $40CDN retail now.

Its an open sandbox western shooter. Goood f un! Here's a linky pour vous:

[url]http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/agegate/ref/?redirect=[/url]
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Brother-Captain

[deleted - wrong thread somehow]
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Librarian

I'd back up Eldargal... Mass Effect 2 is pretty awesome, and I sank a ton of hours into it.

Dragon Age 2 (if it's on PS3) I just beat, and that was very good and long as well.

And if you're looking for a "challenge", then dust off Ninja Gaiden for the NES, unemulated (or at least not using Saved States).

Quote Originally Posted by Skragger View Post
    Red Dead Redemption.

I picked it up two days ago and I've logged abour 15 hours so far. Its seriously fun. And it has a CoD-BO style zombies mode to boot. Seriously. It's a bout $40CDN retail now.

Its an open sandbox western shooter. Goood f un! Here's a linky pour vous:

[url]http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/agegate/ref/?redirect=[/url]
    yep, thats awesome too, finished it recently :-) not feeling the zombies though

cheers for the suggestions peoples

Chapter-Master

Nowadays LA Noire is amazing

Mass Effect over Dragon Age...could never get into DA

And new Red Faction is out in week or 2
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Its not for the PS3, but I recently discovered a nice freemium MMO.

Worldoftanks.com

hour of fun in short 3-15min rounds. No story line, no fluff, just tank vs tank, 15 players a side.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    Its not for the PS3, but I recently discovered a nice freemium MMO.

Worldoftanks.com

hour of fun in short 3-15min rounds. No story line, no fluff, just tank vs tank, 15 players a side.
    My boss plays WoT. He's got a Russian IS-2. His biggest complaint of the game is his tank is a one-shot-one-kill tank, that (in reality) literally sliced through tanks like a 45 slug through butter, but he's repeated seen his shells bounce off tanks causing no damage at all. He's also not impressed with the algorithms that pare up combatants and he suspects that the game fudges results to favor paying customers. Other than that, he seems to think the game kicks butt.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast