BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Privateer Press 10th Anniversary Sale

[URL="http://privateerpress.com/privateer-press-10th-anniversary-sale"]From their Website:[/URL]

In celebration of our ten-year anniversary, the [URL="http://store.privateerpress.com/anniversary.aspx"]Privateer Press online store[/URL] will be hosting great deals on a selection of products from all our current game lines from now until the end of June. We’re kicking things off with some fantastic offers on our award-winning miniatures games WARMACHINE and HORDES.

Between now and June 20th, we’re offering [URL="https://store.privateerpress.com/warmachinestarterbundle.aspx"]WARMACHINE Starter Bundles[/URL] and [URL="https://store.privateerpress.com/hordesstarterbundle.aspx"]HORDES Starter Bundles[/URL]! Pick any battlegroup box set, the associated faction tokens, and a set of WARMACHINE or HORDES templates, and receive a free copy of WARMACHINE: Prime Mk II or HORDES: Primal Mk II as well as a free Privateer Press tape measure!

What’s more, we are offering free shipping worldwide on purchases of WARMACHINE and HORDES battlegroup box sets (but no other items), giving everyone a chance to get into these two great games wherever they live in the world.

But that's not all!

The celebration keeps on rolling with great deals on our action-packed kaiju battle miniatures game Monsterpocalypse, our full library of backstock No Quarter Magazine, and our family fun board games Grind and Scrappers. You can find all these fantastic deals right now on our [URL="http://store.privateerpress.com/anniversary.aspx"]online store today[/URL], but hurry. The Privateer Press 10th Anniversary Sale ends June 24th!

I like the dig about international shipping

Looks like a good sale, especially the starter bundles including the rulebook.

Librarian

Now that is a crazy good way to get some new people involved!

Privateer Press smells blood in the water. Good for them this is gonna get a lot of people playing.

Veteran-Sergeant

There is some great stuff on there. I may have to put in an order...

Fly Lord

Yes, I find the timing of these bargain basement priced starter bundles and their unique international shipping to be... "interesting"

...from a marketing point of view.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Sergeant

Definitely interesting. They want people to know that they give a darn about their customers and this is a way of showing it. *applause*

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Yes, I find the timing of these bargain basement priced starter bundles and their unique international shipping to be... "interesting"

...from a marketing point of view.
    Have you SEEN their international shipping?

I was going to order $50 worth of bits and two minis (Kilt Lifter and a Hayley varient) and it was going to be another $100 postage to Australia. It seems they were going to UPS every single piece individually.

Veteran-Sergeant

Does anybody have an info on this PP tape measure that's listed in the starter bundle? Can't seem to find anything on it anywhere, and neither I, nor my friends who have also been playing WM/H since before the official release can remember any such thing ever existing.

You might want to read their amazing offer once more, this time thouroughly.

Per their own text, they send the starter battleforces free of shipping charges, the starter deals, not so much.

I've been following PP's marketing campaigns for a while and they seem less keen on advertising their own product and more interested in "look at us, we seem more awesome than GW" approach.

It works in the short terms, but in the long terms they just end up looking bad, even though GW makes some bad decisions.

Grand Provost Marshal

I don't understand that one, Quaade. I've actually never seen them directly reference GW in their marketing, and instead they're more likely to reference their "great gameplay", "superior miniatures", etc.

I understand your antagonism if you are more of a GW gamer than a PP gamer, but I think you may be adding a bit more irony to your post than you intended.

*Full Disclosure: I own far more GW minis than I own PP minis, just to pre-empt cries of fanboi or the like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast