BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

Not from what I remember.
    No this world is theirs!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    So you dont care that they are pricing people, so you dont care that they are discouraging new gamers from starting up? Remember its not just the price of the model, you have to buy the rules the codex the paints the paint brushes, dice tape, measure. Add 15% to each part of those and its a lot more than just a simple £2 on a box of models.

I love the game but more and more i can justify the cost grey knights i brought on 18% discount were still £18 for 5 models. Can you really justify that?
    So don't buy the models. Before I settle on a list I like we play tons of games using everything from the codex and a bunch of 50cent D&D models.

Either way, GW is a business. Don't vote with a petition, vote with your dollars (or pounds or euros). From a Master's in Business standpoint, GW is a niche luxury item. They aren't exactly Ferraris, but they represent what most people consider to be the very best models (notice I mention nothing about the rules) in wargaming. Also, they are the ONLY provider of those models and they defend that fiercely. They have done a good job surviving in a market that should have crushed them years ago due to more accessible entertainment (video games), and they are going to continue to conduct themselves in the same manner.

So anyway, cut the petition up into 30mm circles, write the names of your favorite Grey Knights on them and get in a few games.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mauglum. View Post
    Do you think GW products are value for money?

If yes, buy them
    If no, dont buy them.

Simples !

Anything else is just pointless, as GW dont care about people that can not afford thier product.
    *squaeak!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Brother-Sergeant

I was Just looking on TrandeMe.co.nz New Zealands local version of E-Bay and could not find a single Games Workshop Product.Usually theres a couple of pages but theres nothing.It appears to me that everyones just given up on hopeing to sell thier wares at all.Either too expensive to even buy second hand now or just no interest.

What do you make of that?Ooow GW well done now you've got all the consumer base (of a dead-goat) in this country,awesome business plan.No one can afford your beautifull plastic crack.

you know what they do with online petitions?

print them out and feed em to the shredder.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lykum View Post
    From a Master's in Business standpoint, GW is a niche luxury item. They aren't exactly Ferraris, but they represent what most people consider to be the very best models (notice I mention nothing about the rules) in wargaming. Also, they are the ONLY provider of those models and they defend that fiercely. They have done a good job surviving in a market that should have crushed them years ago due to more accessible entertainment (video games), and they are going to continue to conduct themselves in the same manner.
    Careful with logical statements like this. No one wants to listen, and they're more than likely to get you tarred & feathered.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    you know what they do with online petitions?

print them out and feed em to the shredder.
    Ink and paper costs money, man, as does electricity to run the printer and shredder. I'm pretty sure they just press the "Mark as Spam" key!

Battle-Brother

I really don't think a petition will help at all. Having said that, vote with your dollars. Although this hobby is the cheapest hobby I have and quite affordable for me, I have a good feel when someone is taking advantage. I spend my play money as wisely as my grown up money.

Someone above said they (gw) can do this because they are "The Man" basically. That was past. There are getting to be several great options out there.

I just ordered the Warmachine box set, along with a couple other guys I know. I would rather support an American company anyway.

Vote with your money, take a couple years off gw, try other things. Try getting fit, I do triathlon for example, lots of fun.
    "Go tell the Spartans, passerby, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie".

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    Ink and paper costs money, man, as does electricity to run the printer and shredder. I'm pretty sure they just press the "Mark as Spam" key!
    wouldn't be as satisfying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12