BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default to all ork players out there

im trying to figure out if the special rule for wazdakka gutsmek out of codex: orks, and zhadsnark out of imperial armor volume 8 states that warbikers can be taken as a troop choice. my question is does this extend to the nob warbikers also. in imperial armor 8 they are referred to as nob warbikers, where as in codex orks they are a piece together unit, any opinions will help

I cant really talk about imperial armour 8 but I know I had my bit with orks for a tiny bit and I was under the impression that Gutsmek allowed Warbikers to be troops. Warbosses allow one unit of nobz to be troops and those nobz can be put on bikes, allowing them to be Nob bikers but Warbikers and Nob Bikers are completely different

yeah but the goal is to run a speed list with zhadsnark and gutsmek as the hqs and wanting nob bikers as my troops as there hard to get off of an objective

the only way of running a nob biker army would be to have two warbosses on bikes, leading two units of nob bikers, as the warbosses make those troops, unless you use, wazdakka and a warboss or something along those lines
    "Huddle close to your Emperor if he makes you feel safe. He cannot save you, for only Chaos is eternal....." Endemion, Captain of the Iron Warriors

There is a unit choice with the specific name "Warbikers". Wazdakka Gutsmek's rules say "Warbikers = troops", thus this specific "Warbikers" choice is the unit being referred to, and the only unit which will receive the "troop upgrade".

Nob Squads will still be called Nob Squads, and Nob Bikers are still called Nob Bikers. They're both not having the name "Warbikers", so they're excluded from troop choice (but a Nob Bikers unit is still technically a Nob Squad unit, so having a Warboss can still "troop upgrade" Nob Bikers into a troop choice)

If Zhadsnark's "troop upgrade" is the same wording as Wazdakka Gutsmek's "troop upgrade", then Zhadsnark can only unlock Warbikers as troops too.

(shouldn't this thread be under "40k Rules"?)
    Spam is considered to be a delicacy in parts of England. For local approximations, consider fine foods such as Beluga Caviar, truffles, or foie gras. - Actual GW website quote

I've got Imperial Armour 8, and both Zhardsnark and Wazdakka only make regular warbikers Troops. As Bad Moon said, the only way to get nob bikers as Troops is to take warbosses, as nob bikers are technically just nobs - and even then, only one squad per warboss may be taken as Troops.

Nothing stopping you from taking, say, Zhardsnark/Wazdakka and a warboss on bike, though, and having one unit of nob bikers as Troops leading an army of warbikers as Troops.

just wishful thinking i guess since in ia 8 they are reffered to as nob warbikers