• Awesome!!!!

0 0%
  • Shows Promise

6 75.00%
  • Terrible >

2 25.00%
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn Rules

So I've been reading the Eisenhorn trilogy, and got into thinking that Eisenhorn was just way too cool to not have some 40k rules. Alas! I looked it up and couldn't find anything really that satisfying, so I tried making my own. Not sure on how to work out points yet. Let me know what you think.
    *SPOILERS FOR EISENHORN AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!*
    Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn Points: ???

.....................WS..BS...S....T.....W...I......A....Ld..... Sv
    Gregor Eisenhorn 5...4....3....3.....3....4.....3....10.......3+/3+

Unit Type:
    Independent Character

Wargear:
    Barbarisater (Master-crafted Force Weapon), Master-crafted Bolt Pistol, Runestaff, Reinforced Armor (3+ save included in profile)

Psychic Powers:
    Command: Roll a psychic test. If passed, you may choose one non-vehicle unit within 18” of Eisenhorn. This unit must take a leadership test. If failed, the unit is controlled by Eisenhorn’s player until the next turn. This power has no effect on Daemons, Necrons, or Independent Characters.

Special Rules:
    Runestaff: Due to the power of Eisenhorn’s runestaff, all close combat attacks on Daemons inflict instant death, with no saves allowed of any kind.

Wrath of Cherubael: Once per game, Eisenhorn may release the power of Cherubael upon his enemies. This functions exactly like a line-of-sight weapon with the following profile:

Range.......Strength........AP................Type
    Infinite...............D.............1........Heav y 1, Lance, One Shot

After Cherubael has been unleashed, Eisenhorn must take a leadership test. If he passes, he retains control of the daemonhost… barely. If he fails, Eisenhorn is immediately killed, with a daemonhost being placed in his previous location, controlled by the enemy player

Protected by Fell Powers: Due to the intervention of the daemonhost, Cherubael, Eisenhorn has a 3+ Invulnerable Save

So there it is. Just keep in mind I'm trying to make him fluffy. I'm aware that it's a bit overpowered haha, but tell me what you all think! Maybe I'll make a model for him and start playtesting.
    Last edited by ChaosLord127; 05-25-2011 at 01:58 AM.
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

A few comments:

Since this version of Eisenhorn seems to be the guy "late in the story", if you know what I mean... Warning: spoilers ahead

Barbarisater is actually a Daemon Weapon. Read the passages about Barbarisater after its upgrade, it's subtle but it's there (a force guiding the weapon towards its victims, being hungry for blood, etc). True, it does not have an actual daemon locked within it, but with the ten tons of Chaos runes Eisenhorn has drawn on it might as well have one.

Runestaff/Cherubael: Didn't he lose the Runestaff (it shattered itself on a Titan) by the time he unleashed Cherubael? It is one or the other, I'm afraid.

Cherubael: Cherubael would be better represented as an up-powered daemonhost, a model needed to be bought together with Eisenhorn as a pair. Also, towards the end Cherubael is actually quite docile. (well... as docile as a caged killer bidding its chance)
    Last edited by wkz; 05-25-2011 at 01:51 AM.
    Spam is considered to be a delicacy in parts of England. For local approximations, consider fine foods such as Beluga Caviar, truffles, or foie gras. - Actual GW website quote

Veteran-Sergeant

Ack, I thought I put the spoiler in there. Mistake fixed, thank you. I'm aware it's more of a daemonweapon, but I wanted to keep the rules somewhat simple. Too many special rules I think can ruin an idea :P

I'm pretty sure that the runestaff survived, it just got blackened, but I believe it is still in one piece.

At this time I was planning on just keeping Cherubael as a special rule, maybe later include him as an additional unit, along with Bequin, Aemos, and the others.

The version of him from the inquisitor book is set after the novels and has the staff still, although he seems to have returned Barbarisater at that stage.

his gear in it is power sword, rune staff, dueling pistol, flak and a single haywire.

Veteran-Sergeant

As far as time setting goes, I was aiming for the end of Malleus/the very beginning of Hereticus, which I believe is at the height of Eisenhorn's power

Quote Originally Posted by wkz View Post
    A few comments:

Since this version of Eisenhorn seems to be the guy "late in the story", if you know what I mean... Warning: spoilers ahead

Barbarisater is actually a Daemon Weapon. Read the passages about Barbarisater after its upgrade, it's subtle but it's there (a force guiding the weapon towards its victims, being hungry for blood, etc). True, it does not have an actual daemon locked within it, but with the ten tons of Chaos runes Eisenhorn has drawn on it might as well have one.

Runestaff/Cherubael: Didn't he lose the Runestaff (it shattered itself on a Titan) by the time he unleashed Cherubael? It is one or the other, I'm afraid.

Cherubael: Cherubael would be better represented as an up-powered daemonhost, a model needed to be bought together with Eisenhorn as a pair. Also, towards the end Cherubael is actually quite docile. (well... as docile as a caged killer bidding its chance)
    He does still have the Runestaff, as it is mentioned in Hereticus, when Aemos comes from his hiding place on the Essene, it is mentioned that he is leaning on the Runestaff, which the then braces on the floor to meet Cherubael's assault.

It doesn't look like he's anything near the level of badass he should be.

I'd make him T4 and give him Eternal Warrior to start.

He's a master psychic and you've given him one spell? Lamesauce.

He gets the following spells: Warptime, Lash, and one other (preferably defensive). He can cast two per turn (not in the same phase), and also can use his force weapon without it counting to his number of psychic checks.

Cherubeal should be bought with Eisenhorn and have a rediculous statline.

WS: 6, BS: 3, S:5, T5, A:4, I:5, W:3, Ld: 10 Sv: 4++
    Eternal Warrior, Bound to Eisenhorn.
    his attacks count as master-crafted twin lightning claws

Bound to Eisenhorn: Cherubeal must remain within 6" of Eisenhorn at all times. If he leaves this range or is killed, Eisenhorn loses his invulnerable save until Cherubeal moves back within 6" (or permanently if Cherubeal is killed)

Once per game, Cherubeal may enter an incorporeal form and make a single shooting attack.
    R: Unlimited S-D, AP1 - Titan Killer

Upon resolving the shooting attack, Eisenhorn must make a leadership check. If he fails, the opponents immediately gain control of Cherubeal.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

I think you have made the runestaff a little too OTT, and Barbarisater should not be treated like a force weapon.

If you want to stick to the fluff, then I think he lost his bolt pistol in the middle of Malleus before he jazzed up Barbarisater and forged the runestaff. But its a minor point and him keeping it makes little differnece.

I feel that Barbarisater should just be a master crafter power weapon, and the runestaff should be a master crafted force staff - same as for a force weapon, but if the psych test is passed, the enemy model is removed from play. So it bypasses EW, but still allows a save.

The Eisenhorne could also fire a psychic shooting attack with the runestaff in the books.

Maybe S6, AP3, 18" range, ignores Inv and cover saves.

The command power is also a little too much, imho. Eisenhorne has never demonstrated any ability have that level control subjects as to have them to whatever he wants. He is only able to issue simple commands like 'stop', 'show yourself' etc. He never compelled anyone to shoot someone else.

Maybe just make 'command' the same as lash for simplicity sake, and it is still a very useful power to have for non-chaos.

Since Eisenhorne is a xenos =I=, you might consider giving him some xenos goodies from the GK book, like rad and 'chote grenades.

The 3++ also seems very generous, maybe consider dropping that to 4++, but add in a 'tough old SOB rule' that gives him EW and FNP.