BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DE 1500 Mix of Everything list

Planning to field this once my Voidraven arrives, and the Wracks are released

HQ 260
    Lady Malys 130 (joins Wyches)
    -Really fun HQ, but I haven't had the chance to use her redeploy yet.

Haemonculus Ancient 130 (joins Wracks, giving them Furious Charge from the get go)
    -Crucible of Malediction (GK just became popular at the FLGS)
    -Liquifier Gun
    -Agoniser

Elites 181
    4 Kabalite Trueborn 116 (go in Venom)
    -4x Blaster
    -Haywire Grenades

Venom 65
    -2x Splinter Cannon

Troops 658
    2x 13 Warriors 142
    -Blaster
    -Splinter Cannon

7 Wyches 124 (go in Raider)
    -Hekatrix w/ Agoniser
    -Wych Weapon (but wych one to take?)
    -Haywire Grenades

9 Wracks 100 (go in Raider)
    -Liquifier Gun

2x Raider 75
    -Dark Lance
    -Shock Prow
    -Flickerfield

Heavy Support 400
    Ravager 115
    -3x Dark Lances
    -Flickerfield

Cronos 100
    -Spirit Vortex (killed 9/10 pagk in a single round of shooting!)

Voidraven Bomber 185
    -Night Shields
    -Flickerfield
    -2x Necrotoxin Missiles

1499 points

Trueborn are one of the few armies I would put the Haywire Grenades on, otherwise they're really just wasted (on your wyches for example). For the Wych weapons, Flails and Shardnets work best in pairs, but when you've only got 1 the Hydra Gauntlet would be the way to go.

13 Warriors? Why not just 10 in Raiders?

Flickerfields are not worth it on Raiders. You'll turbo-boost, getting a 4+ save, then your unit will get out, meaning it's job is done.

Overall it looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    13 Warriors? Why not just 10 in Raiders?
    'cause I'm cheap

Flickerfields are not worth it on Raiders. You'll turbo-boost, getting a 4+ save, then your unit will get out, meaning it's job is done.
    I've found it's worth the extra 10 points if it means they get to fire their Dark Lance or tank shock something, or if I have to run a through a field of Hydras.

Thanks for the Wych weapon advice

Alright then. And no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Trueborn are one of the few armies I would put the Haywire Grenades on, otherwise they're really just wasted (on your wyches for example).
    so what do you do when your wyches are assualted by a dreadnought or defiler or the only way to win a contested objective is to blow up a vehicle. Its a good idea to have haywire grenades for a whole bunch of reasons and they are fairly cheap. sure wyches without grenades can tarpit a dreadnought for a rounds but they will eventually die, but iwould rather have the chance to kill it and go on to something else than slowly commit suicide.

Agreed, especially now that the Agoniser no longer glances on a 6. After my trueborn got blasted out of their venom and tarpitted by a warwalker, I put haywire grenades on as many guys as I could. Plus, it's only 14 pts to make my Wyches a backup anti-tank unit.

I don't get your list at all.
    7 whyches?
    No incubi or Mandrakes or anything?
    Voidraven? Razorwings are so much better. razorwing have anti-tank and anti-infantry for the same cost!

7 wyches, because even with 9 I couldn't take an extra wych weapon, and I'm dealing with limited storage space in my minis case. All of my models(sans wracks & voidraven) are from an army I put together for cheap before the new codex came out, so I haven't picked up any of the new stuff yet. My FLGS's metagame is Grey Knights, Eldar, and occasionally Orks and CSM, so Incubi and Mandrakes don't really do too well.
    As to the Voidraven, I'm willing to pay for the extra points of armour and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunadan View Post
    7My FLGS's metagame is Grey Knights, Eldar, and occasionally Orks and CSM, so Incubi and Mandrakes don't really do too well.
    How do incubi not do well with str4 power weapons? unless the GK player is rocking halberd spam you'll have initiative and be denying a 3+ save. also ap3 flamer on the klaivex is pretty boss. as to the mandrakes, if you can cheese (haemonculus swap) them a pain token on turn 1, they'll tear orks and eldar apart, and theyre one of the few units you have that can glance vehicles with shooting v rear armor and in assault w/out grenades or FC from two tokens.

edit: you also know that the crucible will, due to brotherhood of psykers, kill a justicar/one dude in the squads it hits, right? awfully expensive piece of somewhat unreliable loot.

I've said this many times before; you're playing Dark Eldar, the fastest army in the game. How are you getting assaulted by walkers? If that's happening you've probably lost anyway. It's also a 6 to hit and your chances of doing anything serious are extremely limited, so chances are you'd just be slowly dieing in the combat anyway. For last turn assaults against vehicles, most would have furious charge and that with the amount of attacks you have should really be enough.

7 Wyches is a fine number. I run my Bloodbrides at 7. It's not too small, but still nice and cheap.
    Voidravens are brilliant tanks. Dark Eldar really do not excel at multi-tasking, and the S9 Lances are great, though I prefer Ravagers personally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast