BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    (tl;cbatoputquoteinpostandmakeitunreadable)
    Oh dearie me. Firstly, positive discrimination isn't a right-wing concept, or at least it's as much a right wing concept as the sky or my left foot. Secondly, from one lefty to (presumably another)... please stop talking? You're embarrassing the coherent majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    There is a reality in the UK employment market whereby various employers are expected to try and change the proportions of who they recruit not based on who is best for the job but based on measures of ethnicity, religion, etc. This is an absolute fact. The government publishes targets on how many asians, for example, are in the armed forces. The Police Service of Northern Ireland was allowed to recruit 50% Catholic recruits when the 2001 census gave the catholic population as 40.26%. The reason is not, as I stated, to get the best candidate for the job, but to try and better reflect society.

Now I don't know what you call that in wherever you have surfaced from - in the UK we call that positive discrimination. You may know there are colloquial vernacular differences - in Umericka a 'brew' is a beer (I believe) but in the UK, a brew is a cup of tea.

This is the concept I am referring to whatever you may call it, and being that GW is proud to be made in the UK it is this concept would be the only reason why GW would do it. If male and female are equal, that is another way of saying 'as good as'. If a female is as good as a male, the true is reverse - therefore a male primarch is as good as a female primarch, therefore it is an irrelevance as to what sex they are.

I notice you haven't asked for Primarchs to have one representing the disabled or the gay or the transgender - what are you prejudiced or something?

(We know the answer to that with your comments on fat socially inept neckbeards.)

You're at a good stage with your first 10 posts - by which I mean things can only go up from here. What, is Warhater down at the mo?
    QFT.

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Rainbow Marines, not being a big fluff person I have never heard of them. However being a child of the 70s and 80s I can't help thinking there chapter master just has to be called either, George, Zippy or Bungle.

I think you may need to be a Brit to get that
    Rainbow warriors.

Thought to exterminated by the sisters. Based off of a native cultures warriors. Mayans? Can't remember.

Rainbow Marines were in Rouge Trader. After that, I am not sure what happened to them.

Here is a link to check them out to see how they looked like. [url]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rainbow_Warriors[/url]
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Fly Lord

Here's my take.

I really, really hope they never do a focussed novel on the missing legions, as that would remove so much of what has been a fantastic multi-decade mystery.

Instead, if the OP is correct, the writers can tease out more and more of the tidbits here and there, as the novels go along. We could find out the Primarch's names, their legions, the politics, what they did, what happened to them... Even little things like that would go a long way.

The big problem the HH writers got themselves into is they have painted themselves into a literary corner. We know that all the Primarchs know what happened to their brothers and they all took an oath to the Emperor to never speak of it. But why exactly would the Traitor primarchs give a flip about any such oath, as they are turning rebel anyway?

I mean, can you see Lorgar stopping Curze mid-sentence during preparations for the assault on Terra to give him a tut-tut for speaking of thier lost two brothers.... Seems highly dubious to me.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

well tbh we don't even know if the emperor/primarchs/space marines are actualy male.

As posted in one of the earlier threads the emperor was created and possibly he was created without an actual gender. This would then also be the same for the primarchs and also the marines.

There wouldn't be a need for them to have a gender as their feelings that would just bother them during the battles are removed. The only form of love they possess is for their legion/primarch/emperor and I'm sure the sort of love they have for the legion etc. is not the kind of lov ethey need a gender for.

So you could argue that when the initiates are transformed into marines thei gender is removed along with emotions.

but tbh everyone should just think as he wishes about this and enjoy the game and not get in arguments about unimportant stuff like this

oh and btw, when i read the HH book 'legion' i had a realy german impression of the alpha legion, mainly if you look at the names, very german.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DF3CT View Post
    Rainbow warriors.

Thought to exterminated by the sisters. Based off of a native cultures warriors. Mayans? Can't remember.
    That's Fanon, not canon - aside from half a dozen illustrations they have no official background and the Mayan influence is from something someone did (on B&C I think) on all the canon Chapters.

well tbh we don't even know if the emperor/primarchs/space marines are actualy male.
    The Sensei Knights indicate gender's involved somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    The big problem the HH writers got themselves into is they have painted themselves into a literary corner. We know that all the Primarchs know what happened to their brothers and they all took an oath to the Emperor to never speak of it. But why exactly would the Traitor primarchs give a flip about any such oath, as they are turning rebel anyway?

I mean, can you see Lorgar stopping Curze mid-sentence during preparations for the assault on Terra to give him a tut-tut for speaking of thier lost two brothers.... Seems highly dubious to me.
    Bad mojo to bring it up perhaps? The early info on the Traitor Legions had their Terminator squads still running in groups of 5 instead of a sacred number out of respect for their badassedness.
    It could be that they Primarchs swore and oath to each other, and that's the one they respect regardless of their feelings to the Emperor.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by nijoho View Post

As posted in one of the earlier threads the emperor was created and possibly he was created without an actual gender. This would then also be the same for the primarchs and also the marines.

There wouldn't be a need for them to have a gender as their feelings that would just bother them during the battles are removed. The only form of love they possess is for their legion/primarch/emperor and I'm sure the sort of love they have for the legion etc. is not the kind of lov ethey need a gender for.

So you could argue that when the initiates are transformed into marines thei gender is removed along with emotions.

but tbh everyone should just think as he wishes about this and enjoy the game and not get in arguments about unimportant stuff like this

oh and btw, when i read the HH book 'legion' i had a realy german impression of the alpha legion, mainly if you look at the names, very german.
    I Wouldn't go saying any of that to a Space Wolf

the emperor was not created he was born.

he created the primarchs as his sons. "Sons implies gender i.e. Male"
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Fly Lord

Another point in this ethnicity of the Primarchs/Legions topic..

In Legion (the novel), it was mentioned that in the era of the Unification Wars, when the Emperor was an ascednant warlord, and was crafting the original Legions, each was made using the gene-cocktail of one of the lost primarchs, mixed into the elite fighting cadres of various warlords who had sworn fealty to him across the planet. Thus each Legion while still in thier original Terran incarnation had a strong ethnic background that they kept until they were each in turn reunited with their Primarchs during the Great Crusade.

I believe the passage in question was an Alpha Legionaire paying respects to the gene-heritage they carried from the Lucifer Blacks (as just one example).
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Should this perhaps be moved to the Background section? Good discussion but not exactly news or rumours.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Well I did start it as a news/rumour thread, but these things do spiral out of control..
    I'm wondering if Aaron Dembski-Bowden may include more hints in Aurelian?
    ARMIES: IRON HANDS, NIGHT LORDS, OGRE KINGDOMS

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast