BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Amazing....keep it up!
    BOLScon 40k Judge

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The only thing I don't like is the daemonette head, it makes Malys look like a daemonette instead of looking like an Eldar. Otherwise both models are lovely.
    See I think it will depend on how its painted, if done right it will give her a slightly wide eyed psychotic look with hints of possession which is the whole point of malys.

EDIT: oh theres another page....not a boad paint job, I'd give her eyes a slight wash to make them darker.
    Last edited by daboarder; 06-06-2011 at 06:01 PM.

That is awesome!

That's an awfully big spine.

Your Vectress looks really nice.
    The pose looks menacing and I like the arm-thing she floats on.

I think the Heamoculus has to much stuff as it is now.
    The whole model looks clustered and it's hard to see any details because there are just to many of them.
    I'd try removing about half of the extra arms and having some focal point in the model, not just heaps of conversions.

Wow! Some awesome conversions in here! I especially love the Vectress mini. Top stuff!

Vectress finished:

If I do finish a full army, i think this might be the colour scheme I use.

Next up: Lelith or Sathonyx, I've just got some scourge bits that I want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
    Your Vectress looks really nice.
    The pose looks menacing and I like the arm-thing she floats on.

I think the Heamoculus has to much stuff as it is now.
    The whole model looks clustered and it's hard to see any details because there are just to many of them.
    I'd try removing about half of the extra arms and having some focal point in the model, not just heaps of conversions.
    You may be right, I've dropped a couple of arms and am going to paint some a different colour to separate them out more. It's next on my painting list.

Thanks all for your comments.

5. Lelith

There is already a pretty great lelith figure out there so I didn't want to just copy that. I've given her two whips so that I can use her as an agoniser toting hekatrix in games, but they can also represent her shardnet. The leaping pose is from the new scourge legs, as is the second plait and the long whip, the rest comes from the wych kit including the hilt knives on each weapon.

On a roll this evening, sathonyx is almost done too.

6. Baroness Sathonyx

I've reused the extended skyboard from version 1 (should look better when re-painted) and gone for a more dynamic crouching pose, I used a scourge head (ordered another one online) and the HE mage cloak.

Going to use her as a beastmaster when I can't fit her into the HQ slot.

I want to use the new DE sorceress for my next one (decapitator) so there'll be a gap while I catch up with my painting.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    5. Lelith
    AWESOME!

This illustrates precisely what I'd said about the stand alone Succubus figure about a month ago. With a little effort, and some existing spare parts, you can easily make a Succubus that is better than the stand alone figure, and at almost a tenth of the cost.

Excellent work, keep it up.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast