BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Unhappy Wtf?

Necrons being pushed back again?
    Don't get me wrong people, sisters DO deserve an update (and not just a WD one (GW if your going to release something instead of necrons, do it PROPERLY )) but it is such a slap in the face for my necron army and everyone elses necrons for that matter.
    The only way GW can make this worthwhile is if necrons completley nerf mech. lists (take THAT 5th edition) when they FINALLY release them...
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

I understand your frustration, but would you rather GW put out a Necron codex and miniatures that they don't think are good enough? Because that is really the only alternative.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    Necrons being pushed back again?
    Don't get me wrong people, sisters DO deserve an update (and not just a WD one (GW if your going to release something instead of necrons, do it PROPERLY )) but it is such a slap in the face for my necron army and everyone elses necrons for that matter.
    The only way GW can make this worthwhile is if necrons completley nerf mech. lists (take THAT 5th edition) when they FINALLY release them...
    We'll finally have a codex for 5e, and all the necron players will spend a lot of money for 8-10 months getting and painting the new stuff and then 6e will hit us with the nerf bat!! BT and the new Tau will put us in the meh to crap tier again. We'll get 'Tyranided'. Between DE and GK, Tyranids will have a really tough go until they get a new codex. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to Necrons. At least the fluff might get fleshed out more and could be cool. Who is writing the codex again? ;D
    Last edited by Necron_Lord; 06-05-2011 at 11:00 AM.

The Dark Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I understand your frustration, but would you rather GW put out a Necron codex and miniatures that they don't think are good enough? Because that is really the only alternative.
    Necrons are done and have been for some time. It's a matter of when they are releasing them at this point, not how long they are taking to be finished. In general all GW products are done many months, often more than a year before release. Release scheduling is then left up to the marketing brains at the company.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_Lord View Post
    We'll finally have a codex for 5e, and all the necron players will spend a lot of money for 8-10 months getting and painting the new stuff and then 6e will hit us with the nerf bat again!! BT and the new Tau will put us in the meh to crap tier again. We'll get 'Tyranided'. Between DE and GK, Tyranids will have a really tough go until they get a new codex. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to Necrons. At least the fluff might get fleshed out more and could be cool. Who is writing the codex again? ;D
    I find my Nids are still pretty competitive, providing I know what army I'm playing in advance so I can tailor my forces accordingly. And I'd wait and see what shiny new stuff you actually get in your codex before worrying about being nerfed.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I find my Nids are still pretty competitive, providing I know what army I'm playing in advance so I can tailor my forces accordingly. And I'd wait and see what shiny new stuff you actually get in your codex before worrying about being nerfed.
    Yeah, I'm sure they will be fine for casual games. I'm definitely not a hardcore tournament player, so I'll probably be fine with the new codex. However, if your gaming club has people who just play 'hard lists' a lot and frequently, it can pose a problem not having a 'top tier' codex.

I will be happy with new and cool looking minis and not having any units which cost $140 plus tax anymore(hopefully they will be quite cheaper). I am glad that Necrons are getting updated soon, but it HAS been hard on my wallet having my armies get new goodies the last couple of years. It will be nice to then just paint and play with them. ;D
    Last edited by Necron_Lord; 06-05-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    but it is such a slap in the face for my necron army and everyone elses necrons for that matter.
    So, would it be a slap in the face to Sisters if Necrons came out first?

GW has several badly outdated codices to update, and it can only do one at a time. Just be happy your on the list, not angry that you're not the very first one.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

I dunno, I could see the Necrons as needing it more. Sisters are playable as they are, just seriously limited in variety. Half their stuff is useless, but the other half is actually pretty competitive, winnable with a deft hand. Necrons are in pretty dire straits competition wise, and their codex is a bit older anyway. Still, either way the two armies are the last 3rd Edition armies, and we're looking at them both being updated before the year is out.

Yes but Necrons have plastic troops at 2.05 pounds apiece, Sisters have metal troops at 3.58 pounds apiece, and as GW themselves say they areinto models first, rules second. Which means on that basis I would expect to see a range of SoB plastics and book before Necrons and their extra plastic kits.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    So, would it be a slap in the face to Sisters if Necrons came out first?

GW has several badly outdated codices to update, and it can only do one at a time. Just be happy your on the list, not angry that you're not the very first one.
    Yeah, sorry about that little rant of mine. I suppose it isn't the fact that they are not being put out first that chesses me off, but more the fact that last year it was in summer, then early 2011, then August now its November. The way we're progressing it just seems that GW are going to make 6th edition and release codex space marines before necrons! Just exagurrating of course... but you never know...
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast