BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default any players out there...?

Good day to you.

Necromunda was/is arguably one of the better systems GW has developed, a good mix of rpg with a balance of speed and complexity. It's a game that I've never really sopped playing and when i happened upon my current work place a couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to find a few people with fond memories of it (and one a dab hand at making funky terrain...)

So I've been playing it a lot recently (my Van Saar gang has been beating up some girls). All I really want, now, is multi part plastic gangs. But then, I also want to win the lottery...

Although Necomunda was a good game when released it has now been seriuosly outdated by other much much better sci-fi-skrimish games. For example,[URL="http://www.infinitythegame.com/"] Infinity[/URL] - a fast and easy-to-learn game which outshines Necromunda in every aspect. Also way better sculpts

Brother-Sergeant

Infinity is pretty good, But necromunda just has an awsome flavour to it. Ratskins, Arbites, and Scavies really are unique to the necromundaverse. Mchawkeye, where are you at? I am trying too organize a group around the DFW area, and if you are around here send me a PM and we will hook up and get our gang fight on!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by mchawkeye View Post
    Good day to you.

Necromunda was/is arguably one of the better systems GW has developed, a good mix of rpg with a balance of speed and complexity. It's a game that I've never really sopped playing and when i happened upon my current work place a couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to find a few people with fond memories of it (and one a dab hand at making funky terrain...)

So I've been playing it a lot recently (my Van Saar gang has been beating up some girls). All I really want, now, is multi part plastic gangs. But then, I also want to win the lottery...
    I've got a House Cawdor gang that I just stripped down for repainting (I was a horrible painter at 18), and I'm looking to play again soon.

In Chicago, if anyone is out there.

Veteran-Sergeant

Haven't played any games yet, but I have read through the rules and my buddies are interested, so we will be starting soon enough. I've picked delaque, and instead of buying the Delaque box, I am thinking of just kit bashing and converting to make the guys in the picture in the Dark Heresy Rulebook, on pg12. ( the guys in trench coats with ski masks, goggles, and shotguns.)
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

I'm not so sure about the better sculpts thing; some of those necromunda minis are arguably the best GW has done (and osme of the nicest I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot...). those Escher gals and the Ratskins, for example, are fantastic. And while there probably are better skirmish games oput there, Necromunda adds some much needed individual depth to the 40k universe. I mean, there are plenty of good SF/f games out there, but people still play 40k/FB. And the current FB is crap, so It must be the cohesive universe GW put togther.

Springsteen, I appreciate the offer, but sadly I'm on the other side of the pond in London. Thankfully I go to a club where there are lots of willing victims...

Not only have I just ordered another gang (to make a total of three, uh, 'proper ones' and one Necron style experiment in the works) but we have just about started a huge campaign. There is a lot of positive feeling about the game, which is good. Some might claim that that's reason enough for GW to update it, Spacehulk style...

Spoke to Jarvis Johnson at the last UK games day and he said there were no plans to update necromunder in the next few years, however if space hulk is a success that could change things........so go out and buy it quick

Chaplain

I'm lucky to have a group of gaming pals I lured into Necromunda... currently I'm working on some Eschers and Solar Cultists (using the Redemptionist rules, inspired by a John Blanche sketch).

Went to a wargames Show last Saturday called Colours, and the dear old bring and buy offered me nine Ratskins for a paltry sum of nine pounds.

Bargin!

And that brings the gang count to four and a bit....

Brother-Sergeant

Love the game,me and a buddy played it a few times before 5th Ed. 40k came out. As far as a space hulk like redo, not a chance.There is no way for Games-Workshop to make you buy $450 worth of additional stuff.Unless they could sell gang box sets for $200,then they may consider it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast