BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chaplain

I'm seeing a trend like that as well (the pushing people out of FLGS and into Gestapo-Workshop stores, that is). Its started with a price bump, making it more expensive for stores to purchase the initial product, and now they don't get any prior knowledge as to.. well.. much of anything really now. Its not the coming of some great apocalypse, but its definitly not a good sign either.
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsofDeath View Post
    So what..... Who cares.....

Blaa Blaa Blaa Complain Complain Complain

Post like these sound like they are written by middle age house wives who can no longer watch their favorite day time soap/drama show and there for have to find some other mystery drama to write about.

People just complain and gripe about GW and everything....prices....finecast....no black box...leaked photos....leaked releases.... I hate this hobby.... I hate this company....(sigh) As you look over all the models you already have in your inventory, with all the time you spent putting them together and painting. Then the countless hours you played with them with your friends. And all the good times and memories you have with you. Thats what the hobby is about....and what should be remebered regardless of what GW does.
    Go back to Dakka Dakka.

Come back when you are able to take part in an adult conversation that may contain opinions contrary to those of your own, and add something positive to the dialogue.

I like poop. <-------- See? It is easy to add something positive to 40k online conversations.
    Last edited by BuFFo; 06-06-2011 at 07:50 AM.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Librarian

To recap for our Australian readers, this means that retailers won't be able to tell you anything about the items you can't order because of the prices that are too high, which you can't do anything about because of the embargo against overseas sales.

Guess someone pretty high up the chain at GW has a real grudge against Yahoo Serious.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    There is also the fact that GW have recently been granted the Hobbit License to consider.

They will have had to sign a very specific agreement that nothing relating the movie is leaked, and if it does it would be very bad news for GW.
    GW will be very dismayed to learn then that I've read the book! :P

Librarian

I agree both with Eldargal and with AngelsofDeath:

- With her, Eldargal, because she´s right: it seems to be another stupid movement on these Internet times, when information moves from and to like speed of light... So their tries to "hide" the new incoming monthly issues will be useless...

- With him, because he´s right: Last months, the news´ thread, not only on this forum, in almost everyone, have become "Whines, moans and massacration of GW whatever they do"...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    In terms of White Dwarf giving you an idea of what's coming out don't expect this to be much help.

All New Releases will now come out on the first Saturday of every month, which is the week after White Dwarf which now comes out on the last Saturday of the month.

Bizarrely White Dwarf subscribers will now no longer get their magazine earlier than everybody else, but will be allowed to browse through the store copy a few days early if they like!
    Where have you got this from? This sounds like utter nonsense to me. I get my copy a few days before release because GW posts it out to me to ensure that I have by release day, in exactly the same way as they do with advance orders. Because of the stupid postal system, that means they have to allow for several days postage, menaing I get it sometime the week before. This is exactly the same way as video game preorders work. Unless GW is going to start paying for couriers to deliver it on release day, we will stil end up getting it early.

As to the rumours thing in general, they may tighten it up a bit, but they are still going to let stuff out early to build up anticpation. The guy in my local store told me last week that GW deliberatley leaks tiny tidbits to certain interent forums in order to generate hype and speculation, so I don't think we need to worry too much about a sudden information crisis. They keep some stuff under their hat to sneak on us from leftfield (summer of magic) and some stuff they let out well in advance to build up anticpation (GK & TK). I don't see this changing.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have to applogise to the original poster, my original post might have been a bit harsh.

But like others have said, I am just tired of hearing the rumors of speculations of price increasing of quality control of cant get my models of no black box of no email of no what ever else GW can do to me as a consumer to make me unsatisfied with them. I do not think people at GW are sitting around thinking of ways to make its customers unhappy. But this is what seems to be the hot topic as of late.
    Your Codex is only great until the next one is released.....

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Revarien View Post
    GW will be very dismayed to learn then that I've read the book! :P
    Probably not as dismayed as I was after I'd finished reading the book. Eight hours of my life that I could have spent reading a good book instead.

The Soddit went some way to softening the blow but still....
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Blah. This news is terrible.=/

I hope GW reconsiders it, I enjoyed seeing the hype and speculation of upcoming armies.
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-06-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Librarian

OP, does this mean that stores will no longer be getting approx. 90 days advance notice of new product like they always have? At least around here, GW and the suppliers make sure that stores have time to get shipment orders in time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast