BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Librarian

I'm I the only one who sees a sharp resemblance between PP fanboys and Apple fanboys?

Chaplain

God no.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    I'm I the only one who sees a sharp resemblance between PP fanboys and Apple fanboys?
    I have a sudden urge to hate PP now.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Hmmm... if I were to hate on PP, it would be because, whatever other price-related issues there may be, I get much less modelling joy out of their products, pound for pound, than I do from GW products.

As examples, some of my recent GW purchases were a box of Dark Elf Cold One Knights and a box of Chaos Hounds. Each box cost me 150dkk (abt £17) and had 5 *gorgeous* cavalry models and 10 cool warhounds respectively. I then got to have loads of fun converting the knights into Eldar Exodites and the hounds into Daemon Flesh hounds with minimal parts required.

My next planned PP purchase is an elf character model called Bethayne that comes with an ogre-sized monster companion. Very cool, and they merge together using magnets and stuff. But as far as I can work out (my store doesn't have them in), buying this pair costs about 220dkk (abt £25). Yikes. This is for a single army choice consisting of two models. When I have to choose between buying one special character, or paying much less for a much larger number of really nice models, that have the advantage of being plastic and easy to carry and convert, my money will go towards the plastic. Bethayne and her pet will go on the laterbase, for when I feel rich and really want to play Hordes again.

I know that big GW metal models are expensive too, so it's not saying that GW is cheaper than PP in principle. It's just that the stuff I enjoy and want from PP is expensive metal stuff, and the stuff I want from GW is cheap plastic stuff, so in terms of pure modelling joy, GW stuff wins out price-wise.

Librarian

I also hate JUSTIN BIEBER:

- His hair sucks, he seems like a chipmunk

- He sings horrible.

- His fans suck.

Going back into wargaming and the thread... Gosh, this seems to have become a GW vs PP thread...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post

- His hair sucks, he seems like a chipmunk

- He sings horrible.

- His fans suck.

Going back into wargaming and the thread... Gosh, this seems to have become a GW vs PP thread...
    I blame myself for starting with PP as my example. Doh!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I hate that Mass Effect 3 has been delayed till 2012...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post

But Mass Effect + Justin Bieber = [URL="http://youtu.be/3xYHsyCyDvs"]AWESOME[/URL] ([URL="http://youtu.be/9l9XAcX-hVE"]the prize....[/URL])

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    I blame myself for starting with PP as my example. Doh!
    Way to go, Jerk (you get the capital letter because Jerk is clearly your name).

I hate that Wittdooley started a flamewar thread!

I hate that I'm at work right now, and not home playing 3DS or something. Furthermore, I hate that things cost money, which in turn makes me need to have a job.

I hate the line being drawn between GW and PP. Both games seem pretty fun (I've only played one game of Warmachine), have cool model ranges, and interesting backstories. Granted, both sides are holding the chalk, but can't we all just get along?

Iron Father

I absolutely hate any of those facebook games that end in VILLE. My mrs seems to have some obsession with these games and my pay pal account has suffered badly. For games that are supposedly free they sure has hell fricking can't be. I ask why the **** it'd cost £10 to build an imaginary hospital, are you crazy woman. The usual reply is "why did those plastic men cost nearly £30. I then sulk.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chaplain

here's your answer: "Because the plastic men are tangible objects that can be held."
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast