BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1200 Alaitoc List

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking round the forums for awhile, and have finally decided to join up and post; I want to start an Eldar army (particularly Alaitoc, although I have based the army on a bit of made up (but plausible) fluff).

It’s at 1200 points, because in a few months, there’s an upcoming tournament, and I'd like to attend with this army.

The basic fluff for this army is that while Alaitoc mainly uses scouts etc. this is the 'wing' which will respond quickly, if and when needed (for example, an artefact of technological use has been found, and needs to be recovered quickly). Therefore, everything in this list is either on a jetbike, or in a transport.

Without further ado...

HQ

Farseer
    • Runes of Warding
    • Fortune
    • Eldar Jetbike

Elites

x5 Fire Dragons
    Wave Serpent
    • T/L Shuriken Cannon
    • Spirit Stones

Troops

x10 Guardians
    • Scatter Laser

Wave Serpent
    • T/L Shuriken Cannon
    • Spirit Stones

x5 Jetbikes

x5 Jetbikes

x4 Jetbikes

Fast Attack

Vyper
    • Scatter Laser
    • Spirit Stones

Vyper
    • Scatter Laser
    • Spirit Stones

Vyper
    • Scatter Laser
    • Spirit Stones

Heavy Support

Night Spinner
    • Holo-Fields

Total = 1193

Okay, so I have 7 points left over, not sure what to spend them on really...

The army is designed to be fast, which is reflected in the choices. Everything should move forward apart from the Night Spinner which fires and slows down enemy infantry. I also thinks this list does what the Eldar does best, dance round the oppent, gaining cover saves and then inflicting pain and destruction (the fire dragons etc.)

Like I said earlier, this is my first list (and post) so be nice

C & C welcome

Chaplain

I'm curious...why the Guardians? They seem out of place to me.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

The guardians in the Wave Serpent are there to add a mobile, armor, scoring unit; would I be better changing them for more jetbikes?

Chaplain

I don't know, I think if you're using them for that purpose they should be just fine. Especially with as annoying as Wave Serpents can be, to say nothing of that point size of a game. Besides, it takes a little heat off your bikes from things like Lascannons and so on.

I wouldn't bother with holo-fields on the Nightspinner unless you find them particularly useful. I usually tuck my spinners out of sight behind terrain while they do their indirect fire thing. I'd use the saved points to give the Farseer Doom and a singing spear. Then you will have 14 points left over.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

My comment is if you face anything over AV12 you will lose. You have a sinlge unit that can realistically take out high armour (theoretcially the Farseer and Nightspinner can...but thats a long shot). And that unit will probably die quickly once the opponent realises that.

You need some lances.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I wouldn't bother with holo-fields on the Nightspinner unless you find them particularly useful. I usually tuck my spinners out of sight behind terrain while they do their indirect fire thing. I'd use the saved points to give the Farseer Doom and a singing spear. Then you will have 14 points left over.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    My comment is if you face anything over AV12 you will lose. You have a sinlge unit that can realistically take out high armour (theoretcially the Farseer and Nightspinner can...but thats a long shot). And that unit will probably die quickly once the opponent realises that.

You need some lances.
    Thanks for the advice guys (and gal)

So, I've dropped the holo-field on the Night spinner, as I can probably hide it for most of the game, and have swapped the guardians for 5 dire avengers (they serve the same purpose, but they're just cheaper) so I've been able to add some anti-tank; you'll see the changes in blue below

HQ

Farseer
    • Runes of Warding
    • Fortune
    • Eldar Jetbike
    • Singing Spear

Elites

x5 Fire Dragons
    Wave Serpent
    • T/L Bright Lance
    • Spirit Stones

Troops

x5 Dire Avengers
    Wave Serpent
    • T/L Bright Lance
    • Spirit Stones

x5 Jetbikes
    • Shuriken Cannon

x5 Jetbikes

x3 Jetbikes

Fast Attack

Vyper
    • Bright Lance
    • Spirit Stones

Vyper
    • Scatter Laser
    • Spirit Stones

Vyper
    • Scatter Laser
    • Spirit Stones

Heavy Support

Night Spinner

Total = 1199

There we have it, I've manged to include 3 bright lances, that should be enough to take out any (if any) AV14 at 1200 points!

Any other advices or suggestions?

Chaplain

I like it with the changes you've made. You may still be stretched a little with anti-tank, but I don't think you will be to the point of losing alot of games because of it. Be careful with those Fire Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    I like it with the changes you've made. You may still be stretched a little with anti-tank, but I don't think you will be to the point of losing alot of games because of it. Be careful with those Fire Dragons.
    I agree, with the comments about anti-tank, however, this is only 1200 points, so I doubt there will be many AV13/14 in great numbers, and I do have 3 lances and 2 scatter lasers to take care of any tanks. If the worst comes to the worst, I just 'dance around' with my eldar, and pick of what I can.

I'll make sure that the fire dragons are well protected and only come out when necessary, hopefully, I'll be able to distract my opponent with other units.

Thanks for all the input

Brother-Sergeant

As far as the Bright Lance on the Vyper is concerned, I wouldn't advice it. It's an AV10 with BS3. That's to say it'll miss half the times, and if you play Annihilation, it's a really easy kill-point for your opponent. Why don't you field some more Dragons?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast