BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 1750 DE tournament list

HQ

Haemonculus

Elite

(2x) 3 trueborn /w 2 splinter cannons in a venom with 2 splinter cannons and night fields

Troops

(3x) 10 warriors /w 1 blaster in raider with FF

Fast attack

5 scourges with 2 haywire blasters

5 scourges with 2 heat lances

6 reavers with 2 heat lances

Heavy

(2x) razorwing 2 dis cannons 1 splinter cannon 4 shatter field missiles and FF

(1x) ravager 3 DL and FF

the idea of the haemonculus is to start the game with the reavers and the right away leave the unit giving them a pain token, and ofc to fill in that pesky required HQ

C&C would be much appreciated
    Last edited by Kalz; 06-07-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: mistake

Nice idea of having the Haemonculus with the reavers... but then the Reavers will fly away...way..way...
    I would probably take out a Unit of kabalite trueborn and perhaps a Raider and put a Haemonculus with the kabalite warriors unit without Raider, then you can capture a home objective behind cover, while also gaining a Feel No Pain roll as well.
    Add in a unit of Incubi in a Venom using those points.
    To me it seems you don't have enough combat units for the Dark Eldar. Perhaps take out a razorwing and put in either a unit of whyches/Bloodbrides or a Talos/Cronos.
    Talos and cronos are both MC's so are good anti-tanka nd also work against other MC's, talos is the best close combat. Cronos can also do well and dish out the Pain Tokens every which way.

well i my original list i had an archon with incubi in a venom and it was all rather different but as i was saying i found they wouldnt really make their points back all that often sadly and that i could avoid my opponents CC units but as for the raiderless warriors i had a very simlar idea but adding the haem to them, i may have to try this, thank you for the great feedback mate i'll let you know how it works out for me

I swap out the Disintegrator Cannons on the Razorwings for Dark Lances. While Disintegrator Cannons are great, I feel that you're in fact lacking a bit of AT. Dark Eldar are terrible at AT and you need every scrap you can get.

Drop the Flickerfields on the Warriors Raiders and give the Warriors Splinter Cannons. Try to give the 3rd Trueborn a Shardcarbine if you can.

HQ

the baron (will be joining the scourges)

Elite

4 trueborn (with 4 blasters) in venom /w xtra splinter cannon
    4 trueborn (with 4 blasters) in raider /w FF
    3 trueborn (with 2 splinter cannons) in venom /w xtra splinter cannon and night shields

Troops

10 warriors ( with 1 blaster) in raider with FF
    10 warriors ( with 1 blaster) in raider with FF
    10 warriors ( with 1 splinter cannon)

Fast attack

10 scourges ( with 4 splinter cannons)

Heavy

Ravager with 3 DL nightshields and FF
    Ravager with 3 DL nightshields and FF
    razorwing with 2 dis cannon 1 splinter cannon 4 shatter miss and FF

thats the new list i have worked out after a few games with previous list this is for better balance between AI and AT as for shard carbines on trueborn i try to keep them as close to 36" away as possible so i would never (if i play right) be in carbine range

Alright. The one huge problem I see is that you've put Splinter Cannons on your Scourges. Sure, this seems great, but it's in no way what-so-ever worth the points. Scourges being jump infantry should be moving almost constantly and so you'd be firing the assault mode on the Cannons. So all you've done is payed 10 points for a single shot that will really do very little. It's not like Warriors where it's OK to sit back and fire the Cannon, hopefully firing all 6 shots and even if you're moving you get 2 extra shots and are staying out of assault range. You've just wasted 40 points there. I'd drop the Cannons and give 2 of them to the Warriors. You'll now have 20 points left to spend where you like.

ok mate i'll look at that, i never really looked at it that way i must admit i was more thinking of having the scourges sit in cover with the baron a long way off firing shots but you might be right playing that that way instead

The reason not to sit them in cover a long way off though is the true beauty of Scourges is the Shardcarbines. Stick to cover by all means using the Barons Stealth as well as his re-rolls for failed Dangerous Terrain Tests to its fullest, but the Cannons just aren't worth their points. I wish they'd done with Scourges what they had done with Hellions; making their weapons upgrades cheaper because they have superior weapons to most other units with access to the same equipment.

yea ok thanks mate i have to say after thinking about it and going over my the cost i think your right, i'll be taking your advice now only problem is where to put the spare 20 points lol when i find a nice spot for them i'll let you know thank you again for the excellent advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast