BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Ultra Forge Daemons great for 40K Daemons and high quality detail.

These are three of the Ultra Forge miniatures I have been painting over the last 4 days. I do not have pictures of the 4th which looks like a Khorne Greater daemon because my house mate has misplaced her memory card for the camera. I will endeavour to get more pictures of it very soon though.

However there are 3 models I am putting up on this thread all of which can be used for 40K as either Daemon Princes or both Daemon Princes and Greater Daemons.

The first if a Nurgle model I am very happy with the results and it only took 9 hours from de-flashing to the varnish/sealant

[IMG][/IMG]

The second is the Vrack which I think could be used as both a Greater Daemon or a Daemon Prince. Yes the blue background puts off the colour, but I could not find anything darker and a light background was giving poor pictures.

[IMG][/IMG]

The last is a Pleasure Daemon that I painted in very light flesh tones, and decided to paint the bodice in a dark green with creme straps. The end result looks quite erotic and dangerous at the same time - how perfectly slaaneshi is that. The model is sitting in the local gaming shop window on display with a "Censored" strip of tape over her breasts. I especially like the Lava and Purple rock base effect.

[IMG][/IMG]

I should have the last image - the Khorne type Greater Daemon fairly soon. It is even more striking than the previous 3 models, and its intense fiery red/orange skin and brass armour make it stand out.

None of the miniatures took more than 9 hours to paint, which is fairly quick for me.

Does anyone else have any Ultra Forge, or alternate (not GW) brand miniatures they use for 40K?
    Last edited by Daemonette666; 06-07-2011 at 07:55 AM.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Chapter-Master

You'd need a pretty loose gaming store to let you use the 3rd one...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

You could make a little cloth bikini for it?

I think I like the "I can't believe its not Tzeentch" one best

Battle-Brother

Actually, the store manager at my LGS is using the Pleasure Daemon as a basis for a DE Avatar of Pain for Apocalypse. It really isn't any worse than the metal daemonettes.

I have the Pleasure Demon and use her as a Keeper of Secrets, I use the War Demon as a daemon prince, and the Greater War Demon as a bloodthirster (though he subbed in as An'ggrath over the weekend for Apocalypse). I just purchased the Vrock to use as a Lord of Change, and he will count as the 999 points Forge World daemon in Apocalypse at some point.

I love the models, the sculpts are great and the quality is mostly ok. It took some putty work to fix some gaps and slip issues, but over all I love the UltraForge stuff.

(first post in a million years!)

I can't really decide where I come down on ultra forge minis. I feel like for what you pay you sometimes aren't getting the greatest looking sculpt. I really do like the "lord of change" looking one but ones like their "blood thrister" looks kinda like a toy to me.

But thats just my opinion on the sculpts them selves and your paint job looks snazzy on them. Good job!
    letsagetabitarockin!

Librarian

I got the photos of the Blood Thirster type Daemon, and one of the Pleasure Daemon with the "censored" tape over her breasts.

I think the Blood Thirster looks better than a toy. I have been told by everyone who has seen it in the store that the colour and painting scheme on this model is brilliant. Again it only took 9 hours to paint.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pleasure Daemon

The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Most of the problems that I've seen with the Ultraforge minis are similar to problems with GW minis- often times it's a crap paint job making them look bad.

I, for one, like the Ultraforge minis.

(Also, you're in Campbelltown NSW, you deserve props for not gutting anyone lately.)

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    You'd need a pretty loose gaming store to let you use the 3rd one...
    Are you serious? i know of no game store within 100 miles that would say you cant use that mini, other then maybe a GW store...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by faolan View Post
    Most of the problems that I've seen with the Ultraforge minis are similar to problems with GW minis- often times it's a crap paint job making them look bad.

I, for one, like the Ultraforge minis.

(Also, you're in Campbelltown NSW, you deserve props for not gutting anyone lately.)
    OK, I have not seen many photos of Ultra Forge minis, except the couple on their website, so I can not comment there. I hope I have done a decent job of painting these ones atleast.

The last comment about deserving props for not gutting anyone, well I do not understand it. I moved here from Casula 2 years ago, and was based at Holsworthy barracks before that. I have lived in Darwin, throughout Queensland and even Melbourne, so I am not a native of Campbelltown. If you mean inbred gang or drug /drunk based violence then do not worry, I do not belong to a gang, or get drunk, much at all - LOL. If I grew up in Cabramatta, Blacktown or Bankstown then you might have something to base a comment like that on. LOL

As to the censored, it is just incase the store owner has some holier than thou person come in and they make a fuss about their kid being exposed to nudity. I would remove the censorship tape when playing games, it is just the miniature is on display in the front display case.

Naw, I mean that props to you, if I lived there I'd have knifed/baseball batted/glassed some of the idiot locals by now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast