BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scout

Default 1850 Plague Marine Tourny List

Hey everyone new to BOLS Forums not new to 40k obviously but heres the real reason why im posting. Some friends and I are going to a tournament in October and im putting my Chaos force back togther and as I have a huge love for Plague marines thats what my army will consist of. Now I know im going complete cheese here but i feel its a tournament im there to put up a fight so i might wana bring the heat so heres the list im not afraid of constructed critisim but keep it constructed dont just post bad list and thats it that dosent help me at all. Oh and if your wondering yes im trying to keep it strictly Nurgle

HQ's
    Lord
    Mark of Nurg
    Daemon Weapon
    Combi Wep

Lord
    Mark of Nurg
    Daemon Wep
    Combi Wep

Troops
    Plague Marines(squad 1)
    champ
    powerfist
    2 Plague marines w/ melta guns
    6 Plague Marines
    Rhino

Squad 2
    champ
    powerfist
    6 Plague Marines
    Rhino

Squad 3
    champ
    powerfist
    6 Plague Marines
    Rhino

Elites
    Dred
    extra CCW plus upgraded HF

HS
    2 Vindys
    3oblits(in a squad)

its almost 1850 if I have my math right i just need to fill in somewere with the extra points so have at it guys

MoN winged warptime princes are much better than lords IMHO.

Brother-Captain

Another one to visit our fair city in a month, yayz!

I would agree that Nurgle Lords are meh compared to DPs (most Lords are pretty meh).

Your army is very short-ranged, so you may need something to operate outside of 24". The FAQ they're using at the GT really screws over Chaos Dreads, so I wouldn't bother with them really. A Defiler would work quite well as a beater unit or just mobile battle cannon. I may even suggest fielding 2 with 1 Vindicator, trading 1 S10 pie for a S8 pie and combat abilities.

Scout

Default hey

yea i noticed my list has a very ineffective range that is the real concern i do have. Dropping a vindy you say you do have a valid point about the defilers and i do like them i will look into that. As for the DP's heres my thing 1. I cant squish them into a rhino lol second im kinda going with the models i have right now im kind of partial to the lords just to the fact i can put them in units and wreak havoc on troops but thanks for the input guys keep it coming ill post more thoughts of mine, and yes im new around here my buddy rocketrollrebel sent me over here to get your guys input ohhh and chum do you have that FAQ handy by any chance im not familiar with it
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 09-03-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added a question

Well, on the plus side noone will think your list is cheesy if you're taking two lords. The princes have wings and don't need no steenking rhinos. They get into assault on turn 2 at the latest, and start chewing through 4-5 models a turn almost guaranteed if warptime is up. The lords can't match that output vs. infantry (even with a daemon weapon) and are useless against vehicles. Princes can rip vehicles to shreds and with T6 and an invulnerable save are very resilient to shooting. They have been game changers for me every time I use them. They either draw an inordinate amount of fire or walk through several units, or both.

Scout

Default hey

thats true about the princes. Im thinking of changeing my list i want it to be as competitive as possiable and i think that with the two DP it would be crazy competitive but thanks for the input guys. Keep the info coming your giving me some good ideas

Brother-Captain

Here's the website, with FAQ and comp rules (more reason not to take 2 Lords).

[url]http://www.daboyzgt.com/40k_Daboyzgt09.HTM[/url]

2 DPs and 2 stompy Defilers running around would be quite the frightening prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Here's the website, with FAQ and comp rules (more reason not to take 2 Lords).

[url]http://www.daboyzgt.com/40k_Daboyzgt09.HTM[/url]

2 DPs and 2 stompy Defilers running around would be quite the frightening prospect.
    Huh thats a different tourny than the one I was thinking of lol. We were looking at one the week after at Millennium games. But this one sounds cooler and doesn't conflict with my work schedule... Thanks for the linky btw!

Brother-Captain

Ah, the Milly tourney, well that is different lol. I'm going to that one too

Scout

Default hey

thanks chumy i appericiate it man. Yea me and rocket have been pawing over and over again my list and i have pretty much decided on the two DP's. Plus the defiler it sounds like way to much fun to pass up the chance to run a list like that lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast