BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by completeHook View Post
    Permission to shout "Bravo" at an annoyingly loud volume, sir.
    Granted Lieutenant George......
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Veteran-Sergeant

Bravo!

I'm drained...........
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Chaplain

Very well done. Excellent craftsmanship.

Thank you,

Thunderhawk Exploded View:

I was advised gently by a reader that the rear of the vehicle seemed lacking in detail so I poured over the images again and found easily over a hundred rivets and bits I had previously overlooked so it has held up the painting process until today..........

Bottom view of basic hull and components:

[url]http://i.imgur.com/XsuOMZ4.jpg[/url]

The image above shows all the components removed for painting which simplifies the the process plus it makes the model more amendable should I decide to add modifications.

Note above that there is easy access to the forward cargo bay and that the interior walls have yet to be installed so I can wire in the lighting easily. The nose landing gear panel slides out for access to the interior and was such a tight fit I'd forgotten it was removable until this morning.

Side view of the basic hull and components:

[url]http://i.imgur.com/66PXt7R.jpg[/url]

All the components you see here are held in place with 4 deck screws, slide in pockets, a twelve inch long rig pin to keep the wings from drooping and lots of rare earth magnets. The whole model can be disassembled as you see it at anytime after the construction is completed.

Whoo! Painting time begin! Excitement!
    (Dark Angels 40K)Interrogator-Chaplain Ezrit's Dark Hunters: 5000 Points.
    (Mechanicum 30K)The Frontier Maniple of Archmagos-Gladius Daschiel Glass: 575 Points.

I was asked what Chapter I was going with; I really like Grey Knights in this colour:

Can these be seen? I often wonder if my links are visible.....

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7u8_r07-3s]Thunderhawk Landing Video[/url]

Chapter-Master

can be seen yes, looks great
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Cosmetics?

I'm going to try an experiment in colouring the Thunderhawk. I had satisfactory results coating my Warlord with dry pigment dust over flat black which gave an aged and weathered look instantly to the surface and the powder clung to the matte black finish so it does not come off on when handling.

To get the finish I want on the Thunderhawk I am going to utilize a similar approach. This time with dry mineral powder cosmetic make up over grey flat primer. I have ordered a cadmium yellow/green cosmetic from Amazon; $5.77 plus free shipping and have painted the hull a flat grey.

I'm hoping this technique will give me a thin weathered streaked and mottled appearance visible in the images I posted in the above article. If so it will open an avenue heretofore unexplored (at least by me) in model finishing.

Done and Yet Not Done:

So I painted the prime on the hull after stripping off all the removable parts and I keep finding detail I've missed probably because there was so much scribbling on the parts I confused it with hard detail. I added dozens on new bits of rivets and panels and trim to the hull and am now working on intensifying the detail on the wing/engine root; a project I had either forgotten or ignored but anyway this morning at 2:30 AM the way to accomplish this detail came to me and it is now 4:00 AM as I write and the preliminary pieces are glued into place ready for the finish of the modification when I reawaken later this morning at a more reasonable hour.

Pictures Later:

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast