BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

(Witch Hunters, 3rd edition)
    1 Inquisitor Lord w/ Familiar, Penitent, and Chiurgion
    3 Priests w/ Eviscerators
    2 max squads of Arco Flagellants

1 max Squad Sisters Repentia
    2x Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (preferably w/ no special weapons or transports)
    9 Penitent Engines in 4 squads

If you are not familiar with the WH codex, here's what happens: Your priests join the Repentia and the Stormtroopers. EVERYONE takes off in a ridiculous scramble across the board thanks to Holy Rage. For extra lulz, make sure to kick in the Arco Flagellants Stimpack Injectors turn one. All models can move up to 6+d6+6 if assaulting or 6+2d6 if you choose to run. This creates a mad scramble across the table, with units mixing into one another and causing havok as your lines start to get into each others way. And when they finally hit, the impact is ridiculously cheesy. Nearly everything has a chainfist equivalent (excepting the Arco Flagellants) which means that they can and will kill whatever they touch, but they are going to go last.

This is one of those epic, silly armies that will get you tons of entertaining games if your opponent is a total cheese eating type-A d-bag.

Brother-Captain

Blood Angels:
    Captain 100pts

Death Company (30): 600pts, 30x 2x thunder hammers 1800pts, 30x jump packs 450pts: 2850pts

Scout squad: 75pts

3025pts

Chapter-Master

cortez 100pts
    140 mystics (flack armour + laspistol)

I SHALL FLASHLIGHT YOU TO DEATH!

140 laspistols, 140 5+ saves
    1 daemon hammer and a bolt pistol and artifacer amour!

oh and there was a thread about this on someones blog that pointed out that battlesuits DONT NEED WEAPONS :P

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    cortez 100pts
    oh and there was a thread about this on someones blog that pointed out that battlesuits DONT NEED WEAPONS :P
    The battlesuits HAVE to fill their 3 hardpoints with something, but you don't absolutely have to give them guns

Aun'va
    Shas'O, (Targeting Array, Shield Generator, Command and Control Node, HW Drone Controller, 2x Marker Drones)
    2x Bodyguards, (2x Targeting Array, 2x Shield Generators, 2x Target Lock, 2x HW Drone Controller, 4x Marker Drones, 2x HW Multi-Tracker)
    6 Firewarriors, Shas'Ui, Bonding Knife, Markerlight, EMP Grenades, Photon Grenades, w/ carbines, HW Drone Controller, 2x Marker Drones
    6 Firewarriors, Shas'Ui, Bonding Knife, Markerlight, EMP Grenades, Photon Grenades, w/ carbines, HW Drone Controller, 2x Marker Drones
    3x XV8 Suits, Shas'Vre (3x Targeting Array, 3x Shield Generators, 3x Drone Controllers, 6x Marker Drones, Bonding Knife, HW Multi-Tracker, HW Target Lock, HW Black Sun Filter)
    3x XV8 Suits, Shas'Vre (3x Targeting Array, 3x Shield Generators, 3x Drone Controllers, 6x Marker Drones, Bonding Knife, HW Multi-Tracker, HW Target Lock, HW Black Sun Filter)
    2107 Points (I didn't want to take the effort to actually set it for a specific points limit)

You have 12 guns in the entire army and 28 marker lights. On top of that your entire army is stubborn so they'll just stand there until they all die in assault. On top of that, all the markerdrones make the XV8 units make them toughness 3. Either that or Aun'Va will die and the entire army will run off the table

I can't think of much worse

Chaplain

1 Big Mek
    Loads and loads of Gretchin
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Initiate

Since most people think IG is all about the tanks and gunline, how about trying an assault army?

2x Lord Commissar w/ powerfist & melta bomb
    2x Orgyn Squad w/ 10 models
    3x Ministorum Priest w/ eviscerator
    3x Penal Legion Squad
    1x Scout Sentinel Squad w/ 3 sentinels, missile launchers
    1x Scout Sentinel Squad w/ 3 sentinels, heavy flamers
    1x Armoured Sentinel Squad w/ 3 sentinels
    1x Deathstrike Missile Launcher

This is comes down to exactly 2000p.
    You give each ogryn squad an lord commissar and each penal squad gets one priest. Then you outflank with the scout sentinels. Missile launchers give you some anti-tank, but put on the flimsiest chassy IG has to offer it shouldn't be a problem to eliminate.

The other sentinels are there to tie up squads which don't have enough hitting power to take them out and the Deathstrike I brought for funzies. Imagine your army getting into CC with most of you opponent, just to be consumed in a big explosion that you caused! This also gives your opponent get something to target all his antitank and meltaguns at.

Here's an awkward Necron army that has some minor potential to be functional and cause damage to another player, but has sufficient vulnerabilities and caveats for an experienced player to have no difficulty forcing either a phase-out or making you just stay away from objectives with your troops to avoid the phase-out. There are a few heavy hitters (Nightbringer, a monolith, pariahs), and the swarm of scarabs should be able to glance vehicles as a short-term lockdown mechanic - but ultimately the army will have trouble with mech, the back ranks aren't very mobile, and 20 necron models with no rez orb makes phase-out a very serious concern. You should be able to have a fun game, do some damage, then lose against anyone who understands how your codex works (and maybe pull some wins against someone who does not).

Necrons - 2000:
    HQ:
    300 - Nightbringer

Elites:
    360 - Pariahs (10)

Troops:
    180 - Warriors (10)
    180 - Warriors (10)

Fast attack:
    160 - Scarab Swarm (10) - Disruption Fields
    160 - Scarab Swarm (10) - Disruption Fields
    144 - Scarab Swarm (9) - Disruption Fields

Heavy Support:
    235 - Monolith
    110 - Tomb Spyder (2)
    110 - Tomb Spyder (2)

This Thread is my favourite by miles :'). Why not an IG army with one Command squad, and full Infantry Platoons and Heavy Weapon squads, and nothing by more sillyness
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th View Post
    This Thread is my favourite by miles :'). Why not an IG army with one Command squad, and full Infantry Platoons and Heavy Weapon squads, and nothing by more sillyness
    Well if you give you command squad every possible upgrade and brings straken it costs 390p.
    One Fully kitted Infantry platoon will cost you 1860p. This includes both conscripts and special weapon squads, and commissars for everybody!

This gives you just about enough for the nice competitive score of 2250p. Good luck with those 50 conscripts running around, and try to keep them close to straken for a nice counter attack/furious charge combo.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by montolith View Post
    Well if you give you command squad every possible upgrade and brings straken it costs 390p.
    One Fully kitted Infantry platoon will cost you 1860p. This includes both conscripts and special weapon squads, and commissars for everybody!

This gives you just about enough for the nice competitive score of 2250p. Good luck with those 50 conscripts running around, and try to keep them close to straken for a nice counter attack/furious charge combo.
    BAH! That's waaaaaay too effective for this contest. Here's a truly lousy IG list:

Company Command Squad with no upgrades

6 Infantry Platoons
    HQ and 5 Squads with no upgrades

Total Points: 1730
    Model Count: 335!
    No weapons better than S3 AP-!
    Last edited by Rissan4ever; 06-14-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast