BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Iron Father

Default which Foot Sloggers work ?

Well despite my better senses (who needs them) I am thinking of starting another army. Now I know that 5th is all about mech mech mech to some players and I have been playing a mech blood angels army with great success and more importantly its been fun.

However lugging around a huge case full of tanks is getting old especially as I generally ride my bike to most places and the wife has the car.

So in view which all foot slogging army is still viable. Im looking at starting at 1000pts and growing to 1250, 1500 and 1750 pts.

I have a few ideas knocking around but its always great to get another perspective.

over to you
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Well despite my better senses (who needs them) I am thinking of starting another army. Now I know that 5th is all about mech mech mech to some players and I have been playing a mech blood angels army with great success and more importantly its been fun.

However lugging around a huge case full of tanks is getting old especially as I generally ride my bike to most places and the wife has the car.

So in view which all foot slogging army is still viable. Im looking at starting at 1000pts and growing to 1250, 1500 and 1750 pts.

I have a few ideas knocking around but its always great to get another perspective.

over to you
    Dark Angels do a fine foot list. Deathwing Terminators with Thunderhammers, storm shields, and cyclone missile launchers are a strong foot troops choice, and you can back them up with bikes.

Codex marines put out a reasonable biker list. It's not exactly top-tier, but it can certainly be competitive with most stuff.

Tyranids, of course, put out a foot list by default, and it can be good.

An army of Blood Angels Assault Marines isn't, perhaps, the best Blood Angels army, but it's a reasonable middle-tier force, as well. Perhaps even a little bit better than CSM Bikers.

Grey Knights, of course, probably take the cake at the moment. Draigowing or even normal Grey Knight Terminators make for a strong foot-slogging list. Even Purifiers or Strike Squads can make strong foot-sloggers, though, there, you should be buying the Rhino--they don't need it like Grey Hunters or Chaos Marines do, but it's still something they should have.

So, yeah. GKTs, Draigowing, or Deathwing are probably your best bets. There are a handful of others.

Foot IG all the way! Nothing like swamping your side of the table in models!

Brother-Sergeant

I don't know how competitive you want your army but IGuard would be a pretty sweet list or the classic Ork army with lots of Boyz. I am always a fan of the gaunt rush for good old Nids.

Scout

You can do a Tau battlesuit army. Not top tier but built right can be tough and frustrating for others.
    Usinging large kroot squads as shielding for broadsides. Stealthsuits just look cool. and depedning on crisis suit builds can shell out alot of damage.

If I am not mistaken the great horde armies of the orcs tend to be mostly footslogging boy squads. I saw a LOT of those at adepticon this year.

Chaplain

I've done some planning for my new Grey Knights and, in the end it will be totting off at around 3700 points.
    No. of foot models= roughly 80
    Titan all the way!
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Librarian

Orks
    Guard
    Eldar
    Blood Angels
    Tyranids
    Necrons
    Dark Angels

Minimal vehicles: Dark Eldar Webway Portal list

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    I've done some planning for my new Grey Knights and, in the end it will be totting off at around 3700 points.
    No. of foot models= roughly 80
    Titan all the way!
    Is your army purely on foot ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Veteran-Sergeant

If you're looking to minimize your model count for easy transport, any of the Terminator forces would work. Deathwing, Loganwing, Greywing. If you really want just a few good men, go Draigowing. All 2W scoring termintors, all the time. They're all competitive, if slightly limited. Plus, they all look really cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast