BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Sister announce in WD

Lower left. Looks like we're getting a half-assed Sisters codex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WD.jpg 
Views:	2765 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	1208  

Got woken up for this...

The plastic kits better be good to make up for a WD codex.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Got woken up for this...

The plastic kits better be good to make up for a WD codex.
    I' rather skeptical of this being a fake eldargirl, don't jump the gun just yet.

EDIT: never mind other pictures from inside the White Dwarf have also been posted.....still wont fully believe this till I see it, am I in denial?
    Last edited by daboarder; 06-10-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Nope, I just checked Warseer, the chap who posted the picture posted pictures from the Storm of Magic stuff as well, no way he could fake it all. SoM stuff [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=143554#post143554"]here[/URL], by the way. Go look, its all fantastic and wonderful.

If the rules are good and the plastic kits are excellent and well prices (not like GKs) I can cope with this. If the rules are poor I won't be very happy. I doubt the models will be poor because Jes Goodwin is supposed to have done them.

Edit: Ok initial grumpiness fading, happy SoB are getting new rules and if the models are as nice as we have been led to believe I'll be buying lots.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-10-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

What I'm wondering is when the new kits will be released. Will it be in connection with the new codex, or later?

Good question, given the codex is coming in two parts. I would imagine one wave in August with the first part and one wave in September with the second.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Nope, I just checked Warseer, the chap who posted the picture posted pictures from the Storm of Magic stuff as well, no way he could fake it all. SoM stuff [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=143554#post143554"]here[/URL], by the way. Go look, its all fantastic and wonderful.

If the rules are good and the plastic kits are excellent and well prices (not like GKs) I can cope with this. If the rules are poor I won't be very happy. I doubt the models will be poor because Jes Goodwin is supposed to have done them.

Edit: Ok initial grumpiness fading, happy SoB are getting new rules and if the models are as nice as we have been led to believe I'll be buying lots.
    I hate to ask this but.... I realy don't remember GW ever releasing new models for a army when they get a WD update. Has GW ever done this?

=|

I'm fully expecting just to see the metal range re-released in fine cast at best.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

We've had eyewitnesses (though no pics to my knowledge) of new Sisters models. The reason I'm curious about the range release timing is that, like Grey Knights and Dark Eldar they seem like a good candidate for a total range re-sculpt, and it seems rather soon for GW to have another one of those ready to go.

As to the White Dwarf codex, the only thing I'd lament about that is the potential lack of fluff answering questions I have about the Sororitas. I see no reason to assume the rules in a paperback book and the rules in a magazine will be of different quality.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    I hate to ask this but.... I realy don't remember GW ever releasing new models for a army when they get a WD update. Has GW ever done this?

=|

I'm fully expecting just to see the metal range re-released in fine cast at best.
    Choas Dwarves, but that was ages ago.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Crevab View Post
    Lower left. Looks like we're getting a half-assed Sisters codex
    Me, and many many people with me, wanted to see more meat in WD. More rules, added models, new missions, etc. But what we get is replacing an actual codex with 1/8th of the pages in WD. I wanted mini-codex Imperial Fists, not this

I wish the powers to be at GW could be as nice and awesome as many of the people working for them. Called up customer support today and got to talk to a really nice guy that without question is replacing my airbubbly Queek Headtaker. Guys like Jes and Phil are obviously awesome from every report I'm hearing. What gives?

That said, if Jes has sculpted some awesome sisters I am getting a box or two to paint. But a GW codex won't be the basis for an army. It will be too thin.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast