BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

I've not been into 40K for long, so this will be my first dance with the WD Codex prance.

This may be a something obvious for the old grognards of 40K, but with GW's current fetish for secrecy, and buying into the rumor that a real codex is/has been in the works, is it likely that the WD Codex will be something altogether alien and divorced from the actual Codex rules being developed? After all, if GW actually is creating a real Codex, this WD Codex could only be seen as a preview ... and we all know how much GW loves giving previews.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    I've not been into 40K for long, so this will be my first dance with the WD Codex prance.

This may be a something obvious for the old grognards of 40K, but with GW's current fetish for secrecy, and buying into the rumor that a real codex is/has been in the works, is it likely that the WD Codex will be something altogether alien and divorced from the actual Codex rules being developed? After all, if GW actually is creating a real Codex, this WD Codex could only be seen as a preview ... and we all know how much GW loves giving previews.
    The Blood Angels PDF codex was pretty much like the codex they got for 5th...

Except the only unique units they had (over vanilla marines) were the Baal Predator (no flamestorm option) and the regular Furioso Dreadnought (no blood talons or frag cannon or magna grapple options).
    And Death Company, of course. No DC dreads, though.

And all of the units were overpriced. And there was no Descent of Angels. And I don't remember any of their old psychic powers because I don't think they were much/any good.

So their 5th 'dex compared to its previous White Dwarf/PDF incarnation was a completely different beast.

So I would expect if this WD 'dex is like the last one, it will be altogether alien and divorced from any 'real' codex the Sisters might get someday.

UNLESS, that is, GW is doing something completely new with the White Dwarf approach this time.
    Last edited by Kawauso; 06-22-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    Hold it.

I'm sorry but Confessors are new but are also bassicly Inquisitors by another name, and basically have all the options for henchmen that GK inquisitors have.
    WRONG!

Codex: Sisters of Battle 2E, page 55 : Confessor
    Your army may be led by a Confessor of the Adeptus Ministorum or he may be included as an independent character.

It's not a new unit, they are just going back to how it should have been all along.
    Since GKs get the Inquisitors they Sisters are getting their old ministorum units.

Here are some of the old ministorum units I wouldn't be surprised if made it into the new Sisters dex, probably as henchmen.

- Confessor HQ
    Missionary
    Preacher
    Frateris Militia Band
    Zealots

Here are some old Special Characters that will probably make their way back, some of them even have models still.

Saint Praxedes of Ophelia VII - SC Canoness

Helena the Virtuous, Prioress of the Convent Sanctorum

Uriah Jacobus, Protector of the Faith - SC Priest - Has model

Redemptor Kyrinov, Arch-Confessor - SC Confessor - Has model

Cardinal Armandus Helfire
    Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 06-22-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

Taht's second edition.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Taht's second edition.
    True but it still doesn't make the Confessor a new unit, just an old one they are bringing back because they are reverting back to how the sisters codex used to be.

Weren't you the one who said they should never have made Codex: Witch Hunters and continued on with Codex: Sisters of Battle?

Abbess Sanctorum

That sounds like something I could have said, yes. I never though ham-fistedly adding in Inquisition was a good idea.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
    WRONG!
    The rules make it a Inquisitor by another name.

Fluff or other wise. Just Say'in.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    The Blood Angels PDF codex was pretty much like the codex they got for 5th...
    It was completely different.

Well, I've got to say I like that SoB no longer are an Inquisition codex.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    Well, I've got to say I like that SoB no longer are an Inquisition codex.
    Yes, once again Sisters will have their own dedicated codex. Too bad it's not a real codex though, just a WD/PDF one.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast