BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

You'd think DE would have been enough of a 'test', if that were the case.

DE proved that they can take an ancient, ugly, unpopular army and turn it around into something fun, functional, and aesthetically pleasing that loads of people want.

Sisters would require less work than that, even.
    They're less popular than DE were, but I don't think it would take much to make them at least as popular as other mainstay armies.

Welp, guess I'll have to buy the next two WDs.

well, at least wont have to spend any extra money for codex... regarding the pictures, the WD is printed in Poland near Warsaw, friend of my is employed there, but believe me or not its impossible to take a picture as the factory is loaded with cameras and supervisors are like ****s in holocaust camps... , if you get caught redhended then is bye bye job... i had some pre-prints (pdf scans of wd magazines) for Skaven before they where issued to the public in WD, but the guy who give me ask me not to share with as it might create problems for him and the company and it might end up with them loosing contract for WD... anyway, i can confirm that these picture for warhammer battle magic are real.i will try to get in touch with him regarding the SoB.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Does seem weird, but if it were fake someone is going to an awful lot of trouble to troll the Sisters.

At this point though I'd say it's going to be a White Dwarf codex with Sisters plastic coming out by the end fo the year. Necrons will still get their full Codex and release. GW maybe just didn't want to sink money into updating every old army, and Sisters just got cut from a full release pending seeing how these releases did.

So Sisters codex over the next two WD issues, and either Sisters figure release in August/September or Necron release in August/September with the other getting released in November. There's definitely going to be Sisters figures though.

I'm still hoping it's just a stop gap measure, but this still means that a real codex is 2+ years off. I just hope they don't ignore fluff and give something, but I'm not expecting much fluff wise. Big hope is just for good rules, but if the rumors of nerfed Faith rules are true, I don't think that's going to make a lot of Sisters players happy. To me that was pretty much the whole reason Sisters could be competitive.

So what number will this first issue be? In the US, in case there are different numbering systems.

Brother-Captain

To be honest, the current Witch Hunter codex is actually pretty good, I think the main reason hardly anyone plays them is because they're extortionately expensive. New plastic kits should fix this, so unless the white dwarf codex is worse than the current one, it should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    To be honest, the current Witch Hunter codex is actually pretty good, I think the main reason hardly anyone plays them is because they're extortionately expensive. New plastic kits should fix this, so unless the white dwarf codex is worse than the current one, it should be okay.
    They could use more options however, you're currently pretty limited on what you can play.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    I hate to ask this but.... I realy don't remember GW ever releasing new models for a army when they get a WD update. Has GW ever done this?

=|

I'm fully expecting just to see the metal range re-released in fine cast at best.
    Choas Dwarves, but that was ages ago.

Scout

I've got lot's a girls ready to play... Just waiting for a good rules set (was so disappointed with GK's) - I'm fine with a PDF. I would certainly buy some of the new JG-designed models so long as they are not Finecast - I will never spend a dime on any of that crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Good question, given the codex is coming in two parts. I would imagine one wave in August with the first part and one wave in September with the second.
    Sadly, I do not recall any new minis or kits releasing with the Blood Angels White Dwarf "codex". If anything, I would expect to see the Sisters in Finecast, which does not really bother me. I have not updated my Sisters since they came out in Second Edition. I just used some allies to bulk out the army since I was not a fan of the new at the time codex and just have not had much incentive to pick up the new units. Getting stuff in something besides metal might be nice but I would bet that the minis will be even more expensive now. We'll just have to wait and see.

That is how the Blood Angels "codex" in White Dwarf came out, also. First month was fluff, second month was the army list. We remember how well that turned out. They could devote a lot of the 40k pages to the Sisters codex but they will not is my guess. And as popular as the Blood Angels White Dwarf "codex" was, I do not have much hope for this one being any good, either.

Anyone know who is writing it?

Also, anyone remember a bit over a year ago when Jervis, maybe it was someone else I remember several people at different times saying how much they did not want to put rules in WD anymore, said there would not be another WD "codex"?

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast