BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    HsojVvad, I've waited eight years for the SoB to get a proper codex, now I find out they are getting a White Dwarf codex which have a rather poor track record. Every right to be dissapointed, though I'm still hoping the WD codex will surprise us all and be good.
    I can understand what you are feeling. I am talking mostly about people who are complaining and are not even SoB collectors or players. They seem to be complaining just for complaining sakes. You have a perfectly right to complain.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Brother-Captain

@miteyheroes

Off topic, but have you ever noticed there's a sister hiding in your Avatar:

Sorry ... carry on.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

can't recall the time gap exactly but the warriors of chaos WD army book preceded the actual release by less than a year

Chapter-Master

The basic rules for sisters dont need a whole lot of change. Seraphim, battle sisters, dominions, retributors and celestians are all viable, they just need a few point tweaks here and there.

The army special rule are similarly pretty good, and just need to be tweaked to fit in better with 5th ed.

Thats an easy core of an army. Add in a few new unique units, and clean up the inquisition/ecclesiarchy stuff, and theres an army for relatively little work.

Hopefully they do a good job of following through with that.

Edit: missed daboarders post. Those faith rules seem just as complicated than before, though i like the unit specific act of faith.

And it would be awesome if this was a playtest codex!
    Last edited by DarkLink; 06-12-2011 at 05:38 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Edit: Cut the BOK rule rumor, someone beat me to it while I left this up for an hour due to nonsense RL stuff.

Probably most of you have seen it already, but anyway if we take this as is:

Allies gone, as expected.
    Inquisition gone, that was expected.
    Faith streamlined, after reading the changes? *cough* That actually sounds more complicated.
    USRs updated, means Sisters now have the 5th edition Hit and Run rules.
    Cheaper unit costs, as expected!
    Assassins gone, Death Cult still in, again as expected.

Analysis via the powers of logic:

There is mention that the basic Sisters squad has faith powers, meaning its a faithful unit, further there is effort to note that only faithful units can use faith powers. This means a few things: one, the Sisters are undoubtedly ALL faithful, which means they ALL have a 6++. Interesting. Two, that implies that there are non-faithful units, but with Inquisition gone that leaves very little non-Sisters, which implies new units, perhaps the Frateris and Arbites.

The faith thing I'm going to take a stab at and suggest this as the method:

Roll a D6 for each faithful unit at the start of your turn. That's the number of dice you have (may be limited to the unit, or maybe army wide as it is now).

When activating a faith power, specify the number of dice you want to roll based on your faith point total. If any one die rolls above the target (which is apparently 5+) then it succeeds. This I'm basing on the statement that it's not as reliable.

Simulacrum Imperialis cuts the success roll down to a 4+ for that unit.

If it is like that it wouldn't be that bad, I kinda like the idea of throwing more dice at something to beat the odds, but also of the idea of acts of faith requiring a bit of faith from the player for it to activate, but this is just my theory on it based on what's been said.

I still want to see some changes to Celestians to make them a bit more useful in close combat (I've always hoped for Sarissas standard on all Celestians at least), though I confess most of the rest are fine barring the need for some point changes.

I'm still left wondering why no one has found out if there are going to be new models and when, which is really what the Sisters players want to know. Are we getting plastic kits or finecast reissues or nothing at all?
    Last edited by Lancel; 06-12-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Chapter-Master

That faith system would be much more complicated than the current one. Right now, it's kinda like a leadership test, but using the current squad size instead of leadership. The only tricky part is remembering what power does what, and how many faith points you have left. It would be ridiculous if you suddenly had to roll for every single unit every turn and keep track of how many points you generated for each and every unit every turn, and then have to do a fantasy-magic style dice roll for your powers or something.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Agreed. They need to be careful with faith points. Back when I saw alot of Sisters of Battle players around here they were famous for cheating. Because they would keep track of their faith points "in their head" and magically never run out.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

OH SURE!! He gets all the credit....Im gonna go sulk

Veteran-Sergeant

The Faith rules sound a bit like Magic in Fantasy...except you need a die to show a 5+...besides that it sounds pretty good.

Thankfully my brother & I stopped a friend from selling his old army.
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    EDIT: on a personal note, I think we're seeing GW try something different here, all rumors point to SOB getting a codex before tau with confusion in regards to its placement compared to necrons, I think its possible GW is allowing us to do what we've always cried about....playtest the rules ourselves for 3-4 months before they got to print. I just hope they throw in atleast the basic sisters unit with this release or I'll still be waiting for plastics.
    This I could really get behind.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast